• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Where are the UFO leakers / whistleblowers?

Cabal

Skilled Investigator
With the whole Snowden thing, it is clear most government workers could violate rights all day long and really sleep just fine. With UFO's though I think, if there is anything to reveal, it will be tempting to leak, just for the sheer fun of it. However we need to make it far easier/safer for these folks to leak. I think it's the best hope for disclosure.

So I'd suggest supporting the press freedom foundation. Glenn Greenwald is on the board. They are supporting continued development of the late Aaron Schwartz's open source encryption tools to allow leakers to submit documents to the press, while protecting their anonymity with encryption. These are tools that will ultimately be available to any website looking to source sensitive files. Check it out

SecureDrop | Freedom of the Press Foundation

I've seen nothing that suggests they can easily break good encryption. Yes, the NSA has attempted to weaken most commercial encryption but open source stuff they have a real problem with, like with their attacks on pgp. As Snowden said " "Encryption works. Properly implemented strong crypto systems are one of the few things that you can rely on.""

Also, all of the terrorist attacks and huge financial crimes do beg the question of where are the results of all this spying? The agency seems to be completely siloed from the rest of government, which is probably good for the citizenry. However why are they collecting all this data. Seems likely just to build a dossier on all people for future use or only influence issues important to elite shadow government players, not to crack down on people now.

NSA surveillance: how to stay secure | Bruce Schneier | World news | theguardian.com

Snowden said "Encryption works. Properly implemented strong crypto systems are one of the few things that you can rely on."

The stuff the NSA is breaking tends to be commercial encryption standards not open source. Hence government attacks on the folks who founded pgp for example. They have a hard time breaking that stuff and need to resort to brute force methods.

I have to disagree. I worked in GCHQ and I know exactly what the people (high-ups included) are interested in and I can guarantee it's not us and and our day-to-day correspondence or texts or phone calls. There just simply aren't enough cleared humans to make anything intelligence-wise out of all that. There aren't enough people to constantly spy on the targets we are really worried about.

Now, I'm not saying that somewhere there isn't large amounts of data stored that probably has no real purpose being collected but the bright side is it will probably stay that way. Remember, these places are staffed by normal people with families and email accounts and all the rest of it - they do not go to work to intrude on your life, they only do that when directed to and only to those who have a chance of doing the public harm.

I cannot overstate how true my main point is: There are too many bad guys who really will do harm if allowed and we are already spinning countless plates just trying to keep our heads above water with them. Joe Bloggs has nothing to fear.

Regarding the original question posed here: Where indeed? I think one either has to agree that almost no one in government is or has been in possession of higher level evidence. Or, that "something" exerts almost seamless control of it. My personal view is of the latter.

I would tend to agree with you boomerang. My only thinking is that Snowden knew how to disclose his documents in a safer way, by utilizing encryption to communicate with Poitras and Greenwald. Most folks would not know how to do that on their own. Possibly too existing UFO materials are not easily uploaded, ie they're non digital. I think though as time passes, if we don't see some leaks we can conclude their is nothing to disclose. The NSA has motivated legions of software geeks to implement much more extensive, easy to use and robust exception.

Whatever "smoking gun" documents may be out there, you can bet they have never been converted from paper to digital. That way, no info can be accessed via computer hacking, etc. As one paracast guest recently stated, ALL roswell military related documents between the years 1945 through 1950 are conveniently missing. The powers that were, made the wise decision to remove said Doc's a few years prior and a few years after the Roswell incident (whatever the heck that incident actually was)
The best way to keep any incident secret from public knowledge, is to not create any type of file that can't be hacked/accessed.
I believe there is a small group of powerful men, military or otherwise, who know the truth of the Alien reality. Beyond that group, including Naval and Airforce brass, the powers that now be are ignorant to the details of past Alien visitation.

snowden has paid a heavy price don't forget , I'm kind of with Goggs on this , they're stretched keeping up with the usual suspects plus counter cybercrime now. Given the economic environment , I'm not at all surprised that people don't want to rock the boat personally . Good to back here btw, quality of discussion is superb as always !

I think its safe to conclude there will be more UFO visitations so we can hope there will be lots of potential for leaks. Let's not forget too, the US government is not the only one with potential information that could "blow the doors off". Small powers of men, to run large bureaucracies, require lots of documentation. Much of that documentation may only disclose compartmentalized cover ups, of cover ups, of coverups, etc., but it is still damning.

Whatever "smoking gun" documents may be out there, you can bet they have never been converted from paper to digital.

There may be exceptions provided they're very vague or codified. :)

ALL roswell military related documents between the years 1945 through 1950 are conveniently missing. The powers that were, made the wise decision to remove said Doc's a few years prior and a few years after the Roswell incident

Why a few years prior? Maybe to make it harder for researchers to determine who was really there and who might still be contacted, or might have living relatives, who may provide a narrative unlike the government's.

(whatever the heck that incident actually was)

From what I've seen on KDR's blog, it wasn't mogul or anything else prosaic.

I believe there is a small group of powerful men, military or otherwise, who know the truth of the Alien reality. Beyond that group, including Naval and Airforce brass, the powers that now be are ignorant to the details of past Alien visitation.

Right.

I think it was Redfern? on a recent Paracast, who speculated the reason behind the few years prior and after Roswell '47 missing documents- just in case a document was miss-filed, or mixed in where/when it shouldn't have been- the safe bet would be to vanish all files in the years surrounding the event. He (still assuming it was Redfern) made alot of sense.

Back