• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's your favorite Star Trek TOS episode?

Mr. Fibuli

Paranormal Adept
I always loved 'The Man Trap'. DeForest Kelley was so great!
trekmantrap1.jpg

I've always liked 'The Cloud Miners' from the original series. The Federation needs the mineral Zenite. The Enterprise travels to a planet where there are two societies. The worker miners and the upper class who live in a city in the clouds. The miners do the all the work and receive none of the benefits. Kirk and Spock have to intercede to make things right.

270px-STCloudMinders.jpg

Last edited:
My sister and I were terrified by kids of the "toast and jam"- these things like bats but they were like, well, burnt toast and jam! The episode where Kirk fights the Gorn is a favourite... But the best was the series pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only just discovered these posts!! - Woking my way through the blu ray of Star Trek TOS at the moment. Yes Mr Fibuli The Man trap was very good. Will wait until I've watched more before stating a favourite though!

TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO STAMP HAS GONE BEFORE

USPS.com - Store

Cue theremin and aria.

The dialog was definitely not salty. [ducking]

That joke sucked(salt)

Favorite episode; Let that be your last Battlefield. I think it's quite telling of Mr. Roddenberry's genius that I must have been all of 9 or 10 years old (r
syndication , we didn't get NBC where we lived) when I first saw this and I "got it "

Last edited:
My favorite as a kid: Assignment: Earth
My favorite silly episode: The Trouble with Tribbles
Favorite all-around episode: The Doomsday Machine or The Menagerie

TOS: "Balance of Terror." No question. Great acting, great writing, great tension through the whole way.
TNG: "Darmok." This is what Star Trek is, could be, and should be.
DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight." One of the few truly great DS9 episodes.
VOY: "Equinox." How far would you go to go home?
Enterprise: "Augments." A plausible interlude for Khan-esque augmented humans and a link in to how TOS Klingons had smooth heads.

TOS: "Balance of Terror." No question. Great acting, great writing, great tension through the whole way.
TNG: "Darmok." This is what Star Trek is, could be, and should be.
DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight." One of the few truly great DS9 episodes.
VOY: "Equinox." How far would you go to go home?
Enterprise: "Augments." A plausible interlude for Khan-esque augmented humans and a link in to how TOS Klingons had smooth heads.
Nice! :p

Tough to pick a favorite! I watched TOS a lot in syndication as a kid. When I was in my 20s I started watching it again and realized how much of my ethics had come from the show, no fooling. Honestly I think I could've done a lot worse!

The show still has a very special place in my heart and head and I love the look of TOS, too. Just great stuff.

Back