• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's your favorite Star Trek TOS episode?

DaveM

Paranormal Adept
I've always liked 'The Cloud Miners' from the original series. The Federation needs the mineral Zenite. The Enterprise travels to a planet where there are two societies. The worker miners and the upper class who live in a city in the clouds. The miners do the all the work and receive none of the benefits. Kirk and Spock have to intercede to make things right.

270px-STCloudMinders.jpg

Last edited:

taueret

Paranormal Novice
My sister and I were terrified by kids of the "toast and jam"- these things like bats but they were like, well, burnt toast and jam! The episode where Kirk fights the Gorn is a favourite... But the best was the series pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade

FeralNormal master
TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO STAMP HAS GONE BEFORE

USPS.com - Store

Cue theremin and aria.

The dialog was definitely not salty. [ducking]
That joke sucked(salt)

Favorite episode; Let that be your last Battlefield. I think it's quite telling of Mr. Roddenberry's genius that I must have been all of 9 or 10 years old (r
syndication , we didn't get NBC where we lived) when I first saw this and I "got it "

Last edited:

Red

Paranormal Adept
My favorite as a kid: Assignment: Earth
My favorite silly episode: The Trouble with Tribbles
Favorite all-around episode: The Doomsday Machine or The Menagerie

marduk

quelling chaos since 2352BC
TOS: "Balance of Terror." No question. Great acting, great writing, great tension through the whole way.
TNG: "Darmok." This is what Star Trek is, could be, and should be.
DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight." One of the few truly great DS9 episodes.
VOY: "Equinox." How far would you go to go home?
Enterprise: "Augments." A plausible interlude for Khan-esque augmented humans and a link in to how TOS Klingons had smooth heads.

Mr. Fibuli

Paranormal Adept
TOS: "Balance of Terror." No question. Great acting, great writing, great tension through the whole way.
TNG: "Darmok." This is what Star Trek is, could be, and should be.
DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight." One of the few truly great DS9 episodes.
VOY: "Equinox." How far would you go to go home?
Enterprise: "Augments." A plausible interlude for Khan-esque augmented humans and a link in to how TOS Klingons had smooth heads.
Nice! :p

urkotic

Hopeful Monster
Tough to pick a favorite! I watched TOS a lot in syndication as a kid. When I was in my 20s I started watching it again and realized how much of my ethics had come from the show, no fooling. Honestly I think I could've done a lot worse!

The show still has a very special place in my heart and head and I love the look of TOS, too. Just great stuff.