• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's your favorite 1950's sci-fi movie?

Seems like it would be difficult to manufacture and fly the flying saucers by beings/occupants that have no elbows, lol.

PS - I like the way they thought the saucers should be spinning back then.
Ya, like it's not enough to just crash into national monuments, they had to saw their way through them ... LOL :) .

I just watched "The Thing From Another World" for the first time last night. I've seen the remake 100x, but never the original. I actually jumped (which never happens with me during a scary movie) when they were up real close to the door and when they opened it, the Thing was on the other side of it and started roaring while taking swipes at the men, lol. I paused it for a second and chuckled to myself thinking "damn, you were expecting that, eh?"

Also, I noticed that Robert Nichols is in this movie. I knew him as "Joe", Dr. Mechums assistant in "This Island Earth".

Back