• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's the best UFO movie in your opinion?

you know i just picked up fastwalkers - they are here. done by safespace. i thought it was good. there did not stick to one theory, it was vary open minded.

I would have to say 'Invasion of the Bodysnatchers' (the original not the 80s remake).
There are three versions: the original 1956 gem; the 1978 remake; and the 1993 re-remake under the title "Body Snatchers", which isn't well-known.

Of course, the paranormal crowd one-upped all of them with "walk-ins", doing away with the pods and the panic.

Re The Thing (1982), that's a classic.

ThingHead.jpg

I like "taken", "x-files", "the forgotten", "aliens", "predator"..
I consider old ones like a different category altogether under the category of old horror/old alien movies.

Not many.. considering I like the topic so much
Jim Sparks story would make a good movie with a big enough budget heh

But in reality I still absolutely love CE3K. Not only is it a great UFO movie it is one of the greatest movies ever made. Thank the Lord Speilberg did not CGI it for the DVD release.

Close Encounters of The Third Kind
The X-Files Series and the Movie. (was a very devout X-Files Fan:)
Contact

Taken (I need to get that series one of these days)

The Original Star Trek Series and their movies:) (very devout OST Fan, when young).

Invasion of The Body Snatchers (with Leonard Nimoy)

Bixyboo

Ah yes, The Day The Earth Stood Still. That was an excellent, eerie movie:)

And Taken! We were GLUED to that series when it aired, I loved that one and it seemed so realistic in many ways.

Best UFO Movies??? You mean like there's some really good ones out there?

I remember watching Communion, and having a similar response, scared a bit, but got over it quickly. There's some great ones if you can just suspend your disbelief.

Watching Fire In The Sky was pretty good, it had a lot of great moments, and didn't flake out at the end. It was probably one of the better films that has come out recently because it treated the subject matter with seriousness.

Close Encounters is one of my faves because it has some truly frightening moments, which is what the phenomena truly is, FRIGHTENING. The happy ambassador from earth deal was kind of hokey.

The thing is, so much of the movies out there are considered science fiction, and not considered to be true stories, unless you mean Fire In The Sky, or The Betty and Barney Hill movie with James Earl Jones.

Rare is it you find a good documentary on UFO's because it has the same hucksters in it, coupled with a few scientists, and if you've seen one you've seen them all, which leaves the thing open ended and inconclusive.

Back