• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's Happen to Showing Respect to Police Officers

Hi Folks,

I found this very sad and does show you how some parts of of western society has loss respect for its police authorities. :frown: I think majority of police officers stand for freedom , liberty and justice and are pillars of our society ;)and therefore should be shown respect indeed.

I found this article very moving indeed,

South Florida officers killed on duty in the last 35 years - Miami-Dade Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com,

May they rest in peace.:frown:

Also deepest respect to all wounded police officers and god bless,
BF

Hi Folks,

I found this very sad and does show you how some parts of of western society has loss respect for its police authorities. :frown: I think majority of police officers stand for freedom , liberty and justice and are pillars of our society ;)and therefore should be shown respect indeed.

I found this article very moving indeed,

South Florida officers killed on duty in the last 35 years - Miami-Dade Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com,

May they rest in peace.:frown:

Also deepest respect to all wounded police officer and god bless,
BF

I take it you haven't had many run-ins with police officers. :) I haven't in a long time but when I was young I had a few. Those guys can do absolutely anything they want and they know it. I'm not saying I have a problem with all cops, that would be irrational. Some are good, some aren't. But anytime I'm around them I kiss ass like you wouldn't believe because I know from experience that if I piss them off they have a license to respond in any way they see fit and there is nothing I can do about it.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Btw, I didn't even look at your link until after I responded. I was replying more to the thread title than the contents. I certainly do not condone cop killing. Only thing I was pointing out is that my experience tells me that when in the presence of police officers one should really keep their wits about them. Try to stay on their good side as much as possible. If you make them angry things can turn ugly in a second and they have a 99.99% chance of getting away with whatever they might do and they are well aware of it.

i have respect for cops. i know that whether they're good or bad, they DO put their lives on the line. that is more than enough for me to say "thank you". because even though they might be a prick on most occasions, when it comes down to it, if there's a maniac with a gun threatening to kill a crap ton of people, he's going to be the guy on the scene taking the idiot down.

no matter what profession you go into, there will always be good and bad people. i try to base my presumptions of any of them on those of them who are good. i don't worry about the bad. i just give them whatever respect i can when i'm confronted by them and hope for the best. it's never done me wrong.

i got pulled over the other day for not having my lights on after dark. i completely brain farted. the car wasn't in my name (because i had just purchased it) and my driver's license had an old address from a long time ago. i also didn't see the cop car behind me until right when he shut off his lights (he decided to follow me wherever i was going cuz i hadn't seen him when his lights were on) and so he'd probably been following me for a while too. it was just a bad night with all that stuff compounded, but i was as compliant as possible, i referred to him as "sir" whenever i spoke to him and all he did was issue me a fix-it ticket for my driver's license.

on the other side of the spectrum, i know these guys who were publicly intoxicated and making a raucous outside of a bar. cops pull up wondering what's going on and one of the guys was polite and forthright with the police. he did what they told him to do (sit on the curb) and he offered his identification. the other guy, who hates cops, started to pitch a fit that they were being assholes, and he then threw the bottle he had out into the distance behind himself. he was cussing and being a dumbass. needless to say, the dumbass was arrested and they told the other one to go home. they didn't even issue him a citation because he was compliant and courteous.

a little respect goes a long way.

There are a lot of good cops and a LOT of bad cops around here. The worst ones IMO are the Community Service officers.... they are wanna-be cops with huge chips on their shoulders. I had to school one last summer because he apparently couldn't tell time or properly read a No Parking sign. He threatened to arrest me because I was illegally parked, I wasn't and told him maybe he should read the sign again and check his watch. He did and said again I needed to move my car or get arrested, the sign said no parking from 3 -6 pm and it was 7 pm. I asked him again to check his watch and walked towards my studio, he calls for backup, the police station is right next door and 2 actual police cars pull up officers jump out with guns drawn... after I explain that the CSO could not read the cops gave the guy a bunch of crap and told me to go on my way.

I would propose that the sample, of assholes to okay guys, for Police Officers is about the same as for the population as a whole. For the most part, they are alright. Some are great, some are sociopaths. It's the way human beings are. The issue with officers is they have Authority. A sociopath with Authority obviously causes more problems than a checkout clerk with the same issues.
To add a paranormal spin to this post, I've always been curiosly bemused by police officers being considered as 'better' witnesses to fortean events than a standard civilian. I think there are only a few professions that automatically grant one the status of a more trustworthy witness to odd events, and cop isn't one of them.

I'm bemused that you would claim or think you would be the best judge of weather or not a cop is a good judge of "Fortean" events. :p:cool:

This morning I had a Deputy drive right by me as I was changing a flat tire at -20 below zero. I didn't need any help but in the old days a Deputy would have stopped.

As I was taking the car down from the jack a little blue haired lady stopped to see if I needed help. I had her load the flat in my car.... Kidding.

Maybe the Deputy was on a call... I hope so.

Well maybe he just didn't see ya. Or he thought you were a Leprechaun. After all they are not "good" observers of Fortean stuff ya know. Passed right by you. :p No, wait mabe he thought you were Venus or a lighthouse. :p:cool:

there is NO way he didnt see me. there is very little shoulder there and he had to drive around me. I do look a bit like a Nordic tho... I am a 6'1" Norwegian with shoulder length wavy hair and a beard.

That splains it rite there! He thought you were meeting this Nordic Alien and he didn't wanna get abducted before morning roll call. I on the other hand am free so if there are any blond female Nordic aliens running around out there I'll be glad to send my coordinates. :p

redeye2b.jpg

he should have stopped, even if on call, at least to ask if you've got everything under control of if you needed a tow truck called.

i had a flat one time on the freeway. a highway patrol pulled up behind me, got out, asked if i was okay and if i needed assistance. i wasn't sure, so he hung around until i figured it out. the tags on my car were also like 7 months expired, but either he didn't notice, or didn't care, or was just being nice and decided "eh, he's had enough trouble for one day". in any case, he called a tow truck for me because i wasn't able to get the spare tire on. after a few more minutes of trying, i got the spare on, and he cancelled the tow truck for me. we both went on our way at that point. i've never had any terrible experiences with cops. i'm always courteous and respectful to them.

Back