• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How many planets are in the Solar System currently ?

The honest answer has to redefine the question first.

How many planets are known to orbit our sun.

That's changed over the years as our telescopes got better, in ancient Greek astronomy the planets as seen by the naked eye was considered to be 7

Ancient Greek astronomy - Wikipedia

We can now see more 8 or 9 depending on how you classify Pluto. We may yet discover more even further out.

That reminds me of the Don's true discovery of the Brooking Institute report of "Contact and Dealing with the outcome" and the announcements of discoveries. Is would be silly not to think other life forms exist and developments strategies have not been discussed or planned. A betting man would say lets make enough advance gear just encase we get contact don't yah think? Every time Professor Hawking announce don't make contact maybe we should listen?

Last edited:
BTW the dwarf planet ceres has a .02 MS gavity compared to the moon 1.6 MS This means if you stood on ceres and jumped you go 37 feet before you return. Oh yes both have no atmosphere.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Back