• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

what was it that these men know?

Free episodes:

I cant see any difference between a global majority and a local majority myself.

You still get one vote one voice.

Personally i would like to give it a go, im not convinced it would be worse than the current system.

Forget race but lets say a communist chinese official stands for world president and due to the enormous chinese population, he has a fair chance of being boss. I would want nothing to do with anyone who has anything to do with chinese government (and a few other places).
As insular and boring as it might be, I wanna stick with a UK citizen in charge of the UK.

Forget race but lets say a communist chinese official stands for world president and due to the enormous chinese population, he has a fair chance of being boss. I would want nothing to do with anyone who has anything to do with chinese government (and a few other places).
As insular and boring as it might be, I wanna stick with a UK citizen in charge of the UK.

Your thinking in terms of the old paradigm, a global govt doesnt necessarily translate to world president.
The venus project talk about cybernetic controllers, as another option. Synthetic intellect programmed to make logical rather than emotional decisions.

It might even be helpful if the governing body was based on the moon.

In a world president scenario would you have a problem with a 3rd generation lunar citizen as pres ?

You know, I was just going to ignore this thread. It makes me very nervous to be talking about this subject. But I can't keep my mouth (or hands) shut on something like this too.
Whoever these people are, they are not held accountable to anyone but themselves.
And they seem to have absolute power.
Every facet of our lives are probably, of not certainly, controlled by this cabal.
If they do secretly control the world, what can you or I do about it?
Are we completely at their mercy and whims?
We can't use a phone, or send an email, or use any electronic form of communication without fear of being spied on. Postal mail couldn't be relied on either.
What would it take to throw off those chains and really control our own lives?

Im not sure there is much that can be done tbh
Some elements of existance are simply unavoidable, death and taxes anyone ?

Humans are hard wired to be social animals, they form societys like many other primates do, and such structures require special covenants to function.

I often chuckle at the mechanisms

When Australia canvased the idea of a national ID card, the citizens said hell no.

Years later telco's started giving away mobile phones with the plans, and now they line up round the corner to get one of these devices, it is far far better as an ID card.
It tells us who you are, who you talk to, and where you are at a given time.

And we didnt need to force it on the population, they gladly form a line to get one.

My view is you cant passivly expect things as a given, privacy for example.
If you want it, you cant just assume you have it, you must take steps to ensure it.

If you leave a bicycle outside the shops unlocked, its only a matter of time before its stolen, if you want a guarantee it will be there you must use a bike chain and lock it.

Freedom is NOT a birthright, ask any baby born on a plantation during america's early colonial period.

A recent set of court rulings illustrates this.

A suspects car was fitted with a GPS tracking device, the court ruled this was illegal, since the suspect did not know it was there.
But when police tracked another via his mobile phone, it was deemed legal, since the suspect had to know the phone used GPS as part of its function, had to know therefore it was possible to track him via it.
He then had the active choice in whether to carry it or not, he chose to carry it and thus "chose" the reality it could be tracked.

We dont passively sit in the snow and freeze to death, we actively manufacture a shelter/fire/clothing.

The environmental factors include all the things discussed here, not just weather, its up to us to we aware of these factors, understand them and then if we chose find ways to deal with them.
To me Big brother is no different to bad weather, its an environmental element that must be factored into how i deal with daily life.

Its like a sabre tooth tiger, gripe about it sure, but also plan for and have a strategy for not letting it make a meal out of you.

Its a cruel world, the nature of the threat morphs, but the inevitability of it remains the same.

Global government .. it is an interesting idea and in fact absolutely needed for humanity to ever get its act together but I can not see it as achievable peacefully.

I doubt anyone here given current events would expect the Muslims to not make sure that their religion had the most influence it could, and that would go for any or all other special interest groups.

No to achieve Global Government there would need to be suppression, Re-education or a bloody and violent purge of all things that could and would harm the stability of the new order.

and just what would that new order be based on? American culture? British? Fijian even?

The diversity of culture however wonderful to us all here, is a complete anathema to what is needed to maintain a global government, not to mention nations in essence would have to give up their sovereignty.

You may not believe me but a look back in history should provide a quick answer as to why I see it this way.

So will it happen... .... ..... ..... .... yes it will eventually, but much needs to change before it could ever happen peacefully.
Given that it is is possible that a cabal of elite people are pushing this as fast as they can I can not see it being a peaceful change.

anyway that is my opinion on the matter.

The clash of cultures reminds of the clash of galaxies. First Individuals come together to form communities, then communities become cultures that revolve around a nucleus absorbing smaller cultures until it becomes a mass of billions with arms that reach out far beyond the core, until one day they encounter another civilization and by proximity and gravity of common needs begin to interact. Eventually they settle down into a stable and even larger system. But Stonehart is correct that in that in the process there will always be disruption of the status quo, and perhaps even violent collisions.

Smoother playback directly on Youtube

Given the credentials of those originally quoted in this thread, we have a right to be a bit paranoid. On the other hand, power elites are nothing new to mankind. They have existed throughout history. The question is to what extent their role in human affairs may be affected by advances in technology. Never before has the potential for so much overt and convert power been placed in the hands of so few. Or so it seems.

Odd world--I found myself waiting in the parking lot of an Austin high school the other day. My wife had attended a District orientation session. The area has that silent but powerful "vibe" of the well heeled. I noted how ironic it was for a peasant like me to be sitting in the parking lot of a high school George W.'s daughters attended back when he was Gov. All things in this world connect, but are certainly not equal.

Given the credentials of those originally quoted in this thread, we have a right to be a bit paranoid. On the other hand, power elites are nothing new to mankind. They have existed throughout history. The question is to what extent their role in human affairs may be affected by advances in technology. Never before has the potential for so much overt and convert power been placed in the hands of so few. Or so it seems.

Odd world--I found myself waiting in the parking lot of an Austin high school the other day. My wife had attended a District orientation session. The area has that silent but powerful "vibe" of the well heeled. I noted how ironic it was for a peasant like me to be sitting in the parking lot of a high school George W.'s daughters attended back when he was Gov. All things in this world connect, but are certainly not equal.

I know just what you mean. The deputy Prim-minister of New Zealand used to be my woodwork teacher at school all those many years ago... he was an ass then and still is now.

It's really hard to say anything either way about a global government because there are just so many variables involved. Jumping into something so massive seems unwise and a slow approach is something I can get behind. But are people working behind the scenes to get there? I'm not so sure of that, though I'm willing to bet there are people working behind the scenes to make it easier for themselves to make more money. In the end, maybe something good will come from it?

I'm not so sure of that, though I'm willing to bet there are people working behind the scenes to make it easier for themselves to make more money.

The evidence for this is very plain and all around us so for sure that is a given.

In the end, maybe something good will come from it?

Depends on which side of the farm fence you stand on. The Cow benefits for a while this is true as dose the pig and the chicken but in the end they are all just food to used by the farmer.

Best quotes from the album are:

1. Give any one spices to much rope and they will fuck it up.

2. So get out your pistols
Get out your stones
Get out your knives
Cut them to the bone
They are the lackeys of the grocer's machine
They built the dark satanic mills
That manufacture hell on earth
They bought the front row seats on Calvary
They are irrelevant to me

3. And when they found our shadows
Groups 'round the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data in their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has amused itself to death
Amused itself to death

The evidence for this is very plain and all around us so for sure that is a given.

Depends on which side of the farm fence you stand on. The Cow benefits for a while this is true as dose the pig and the chicken but in the end they are all just food to used by the farmer.

I suppose that is the case. I was thinking more along the lines of the extent being more than the obvious. And with so many variables, it seems some good could come from assorted greed.

I suppose that is the case. I was thinking more along the lines of the extent being more than the obvious. And with so many variables, it seems some good could come from assorted greed.

I see where you are coming from but all greed will do is beget more greed, this is a death spiral if you take the long view.

Humanity can not keep consuming the way it is, for in a finite system infinite growth is not permissible.

Like it or not the age of the consumer is drawing to a close, the problem is will it move aside peacefully or will it die violently? Will it be a slow decline with things getting ever more shitty? or will it get to a crisis point long before and simply implode under its own wight?

So true, like when you get the feeling that you are amongst a group of really stupid asskissers and all.;)
Ahh, that feeling when you can just tell it like it is and give those dumb 'asskissers' a written spanking, right? So, who wronged you here? ' ;) '

I'm more concerned about the real consequences we've been experiencing for years from the corporate fascists who restrict our rights on a daily basis in the workplace and continue to erode our governmental system to suit themselves. People complain about the government while at the same time forgetting that as soon as they walk through the door at their work they leave most of the rights government has provided behind. They are under the illusion that they are free but in reality they've just entered a dictatorship where their livelihood can be eliminated at the stroke of a pen without any cause or explanation and without any meaningful repercussions for the company. The only exceptions are for those people at the top. For all the rest, policies that are supposed to ensure fairness and respect are nothing more than lip service. And if someone at the top is found to be abusing their position they get sent home with a golden parachute at the expense of all those who they've kept under their thumb.

Before you complain about the government, take some time to recognize that the complaints you have about the government are often connected in some way to corporate lobbying ... the same self-serving masters who you work for on a daily basis. So if you want to direct the blame, point some in their direction. If they don't have an honest HR and financial track record call them out on it. Or is that too much to ask? It's easy to rant on about the government because that takes no courage or real risk. It's much safer to ignore the real reason(s) than to confront them. I dare you to look behind the veil. How many people actually believe their employer is fair and just and has their best interests at heart rather that simply using them for their own self-serving purposes until their no longer needed? Not many ... and of those who do, you'll find a good portion of the rest who live in the real world calling them naïve. These corporations would like to run the world the same way they run their companies and they are pretty much already doing it. We see the results and we don't like it, but instead of laying the blame where it really belongs, we rant about the government.

I'm more concerned about the real consequences we've been experiencing for years from the corporate fascists who restrict our rights on a daily basis in the workplace and continue to erode our governmental system to suit themselves. People complain about the government while at the same time forgetting that as soon as they walk through the door at their work they leave most of the rights government has provided behind. They are under the illusion that they are free but in reality they've just entered a dictatorship where their livelihood can be eliminated at the stroke of a pen without any cause or explanation and without any meaningful repercussions for the company. The only exceptions are for those people at the top. For all the rest, policies that are supposed to ensure fairness and respect are nothing more than lip service. And if someone at the top is found to be abusing their position they get sent home with a golden parachute at the expense of all those who they've kept under their thumb.

Before you complain about the government, take some time to recognize that the complaints you have about the government are often connected in some way to corporate lobbying ... the same self-serving masters who you work for on a daily basis. So if you want to direct the blame, point some in their direction. If they don't have an honest HR and financial track record call them out on it. Or is that too much to ask? It's easy to rant on about the government because that takes no courage or real risk. It's much safer to ignore the real reason(s) than to confront them. I dare you to look behind the veil. How many people actually believe their employer is fair and just and has their best interests at heart rather that simply using them for their own self-serving purposes until their no longer needed? Not many ... and of those who do, you'll find a good portion of the rest who live in the real world calling them naïve. These corporations would like to run the world the same way they run their companies and they are pretty much already doing it. We see the results and we don't like it, but instead of laying the blame where it really belongs, we rant about the government.

All really clever and intelligent con men hide behind a front, or series of fronts, to act as scape goats and fall guys.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Trust me, I'm not your buddy and have no desire to be one.

Such as...?

Ah . Now I see my mistake. Silly me.
The common definition of someone looking to pick a fight, and generally disrupt discussion boards like this is , and yes I guess I would be "name calling" (may the Gods of the Internet forgive me).........is TROLL.

And find your own sites.

All really clever and intelligent con men hide behind a front, or series of fronts, to act as scape goats and fall guys.
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

So what are you suggesting? Nader is an intelligent con man? Perhaps you could explain?

Back