• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What is your craziest dream???

A childhood dream that still bothers me greatly:

The sea hag from Popeye (this was live action... not cartoon) had captured my family and was keeping us under her house. I escaped and was too afraid to go back for my family.

I had a dream where I was dressed up in kind of sun god robes standing on top of a pyramid with all theses nude women throwing little pickles at me.

Strangest dream??

Well I went through a phase of having "UFO" dreams once upon a time. This is a little while before I got interested in this subject again, some time before the X-files probably ... so mid-80s I guess. And some of them were seriously cool. Classic UFOs flying over head, brushed metal, silver-grey, landing in my back garden, sometimes it was a little unnerving ... fear of the unknown, and all that ... but it was all in glorious 3d-o-vision. Strange thing is though I never saw any aliens except for in one dream.

Anyway, in this dream, I knew a UFO had landed behind my house, and I somehow knew there were aliens (yep, greys of course ... nope no grey-aliens around at the time, must have been even before I'd seen the cover of Communion ... so where they came from, I've no idea) surrounding the house. So its the middle of the night in this dream, I come down stairs, very quietly just to make sure that the aliens don't know I'm there ... and what goes past the bloody patio doors, outside???

GREY ALIENS RIDING AROUND ON BLOODY BICYCLES!!!!

Nope ... never seen ET (wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole), and none of that imagery was floating around me at the time. Can't remember being that affected by Close Encounters, hadn't read any accounts of alien abductions ... so ... to me thats rather strange :p

Maybe I'm an abductee and noone has bothered to tell me yet ... cue, yet again, the spooky music :p

DamnDirtyApe said:
I had a dream where I was dressed up in kind of sun god robes standing on top of a pyramid with all theses nude women throwing little pickles at me.

Ummm ... Freud would have had a field day and a half with that one :D

[hurr hurr hurr ... he said 'pickles' :D]

Well I had a dream once where I was in bed with David and Gene after attending a very late UFO conference. We went to the hotel which only had one room left and one Queen size bed. We decided to sleep in the one bed and went to sleep straight away as we were so tired. I slept in the middle.

In the morning David wakes up and says "Wow, what a night. I had a dream that Linda Moulton Howe gave me a hand job". Gene turns around and says "That's incredible.....I had exactly the same dream".

I then say "Well my dream wasn't as exciting.....I was dreaming that I was skiing in the Alps"

I then woke up.

schticknz said:
DamnDirtyApe said:

LOL.. actually it's a quote from the movie "Real Genius" with Val Kilmer. Funny movie.

I thought somebody here would recognize it.

DamnDirtyApe said:
schticknz said:
DamnDirtyApe said:

LOL.. actually it's a quote from the movie "Real Genius" with Val Kilmer. Funny movie.

I thought somebody here would recognize it.

Sorry, I've not knowingly watched any film starring Val Kilmer. Now his ex-wife (??) Joanne Whalley is another thing altogether :D ...

As a child I once dreamed some adult was going to kill me. I then turned into Wimpy of Popeye fame and said, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

I got stabbed anyway (who'd a thunk it?) and fell to the ground only the ground wasn't there. I looked at the sky as I fell and fell and fell down this dark hole. Woke up before hitting bottom.

Hi there,

I happen to share a recurring dream with my brother.
We are not twins but are very close.

It's all very symbolic and and neither of us can fathom any possible meaning.

All that happens is.

We have a vision of huge stacked boulders rolling over
very small twigs or sticks. The rolling action carries the twigs around
the boulders.
Imagine say a rubber band caught in a chain of gears.
Ultimately destroying the twigs.

It's all moving very slowly and leaves us both with a feeling of
dread or menace.

Very occasionally I have realised I am experiencing this dream
and have been able to get myself into a lucid state.

On one occassion, all I can say is, that it felt like I was no longer welcome, removed and literally shocked from my bed.
Leaving me wandering around feeling like I was being observed
for some time after.

Make of it what you will.

Peace, Mark (dusty).

I once had a dream that I had a real, normal job, wore a suit, was all suburban and even played golf. The wack thing was that I liked it. I couldn't go back to sleep afterwards, because I was consumed with the idea that my subconscious was trying to tell me something.... It really bothered to hell out of me. I think it was because we had just had our second child and bought a minivan (we drove cross state-- 225 miles-- at least one weekend a month to visit inlaws at the time, the minivan was so very necessary). It freaked me out though...

I often have bizarre dreams. I blame a combination of my choice of late night reading material, strong pain medication and a generally weird brain. I once dreamt that I was being chased by a giant mosquito. It was about the size of a crow, and for some reason, it was wearing a Lone Ranger mask. I've had countless dreams about chatting with talking dogs. And thanks to all the UFO stuff I read, I'm always encountering UFOs and aliens in my dreams.

One of my most recent alien dreams occurred just after I read Left at East Gate - about the Rendlesham Forest incident. In the dream, I was walking through woodland, when I suddenly saw three silvery-blue orbs. They started dancing around my head, and materialized into spectral grey aliens. They had bald heads, but smaller eyes and much gentler faces than the way greys are normally depicted. Their bodies looked like cartoon ghosts (think Casper), and they danced in the air above my head for a while, diving around, intertwining with each other, and smiling, before flying away. I had a definite WTF moment upon waking :D!

This is by far not my scariest or craziest dream ever but it fits this forum.

Four people, two unknowns, myself and my sister are hooked up to what best looks like the top part of a ARV. see the link

Home

I get disconnected somehow. I see other ARV looking things around with other people hooked up around me. This is on a cement looking floor.

I see strange creatures around as well They do not notice me becasue I am supposed to be hooked up I guess. I don't remember what they looked like but I know they weren't the typical graysreptilians or anything.

I see what looks like a man appear or materialize in another area and his inners blow up. The blood is contained in a spacesuit looking thing. I am able to see the lovely sight when I wake up in a loud scream.

Well ... I seem to be reading "UFOS: The Psychic Solution" by a certain Monsieur Vallee at the moment.

And what have I been dreaming about?

Not any sodding UFOs at all I tell you, thank you very much.

Ordinary boring dreams involving people I don't know, or being at school, and/or putting down my school bag somewhere and not being able to find it again.

Not a flippin UFO, grey alien or strange paranormal event in sight.

Maybe I should eat more cheese before I go to bed??? :p

schtick ... with yet another blinding insight into the world around us :D

I dreamed I was walking down Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, and realized I was naked. It was a lovely warm day so I wasn't too concerned, but evidently the police were. I was in the process of being arrested when Brad Pitt showed up. He happened to have a robe with him and put it around me. Then he told the cop that he was my bro and that he'd vouch for me, even adopt me if necessary. I woke up very aroused in a manly way, which I found strangely disconcerting.

So this particular dream had a celebrity appearance by Brad Pitt, who made me temporarily question my sexual identity (but let's not go there!). I hoped maybe George Clooney would show up too, but he was already engaged in someone else's dream.

Actually, this is a fairly typical dream of someone born and raised in tinsel town.

I dream of peace.

Is that so crazy, America?... Is.That. So. Crazy?

In all seriousness, here's a crazy dream from 1999 as I wrote it then:

4/22/99

Mom’s Apartment

A friend from high school is getting married. I decide to attend. I joked that if I made a speech at the reception it would be about how even though we weren’t great friends, he was consistently kind so being there is worth my time and the trek from New York.

There is a girl whose name I forget but think it is “Kristen” or “Christine.” She is standing by stacks of boxes because there is no place for her to sit. Bob and I occupy the only seats from whence we adjust our tuxedos to perfection. I offer her a seat on my lap in a joking manner so as to lessen the blow to ego when she inevitably declines.

She inevitably declines.

Fine. I offer to dig up a beanbag for her but she declines that as well.

I notice how dark and ominous the lighting is and that wrestling is on TV. The television set is the only thing not packed in a box so we (more like I) watch as the then-WWF (currently WWE) plot unfolds. Hulk Hogan has some lackey win the championship belt for him. The lackey hands over the belt to the Hulkster. It isn’t the World Heavyweight Championship title; rather, it’s some fictitious lesser title whose name I’ve now forgotten. I thought the Hulkster had sunken to a new low fighting for some shit belt. Fireworks and pyrotechnics explode and fizzle in the arena. WWF CEO Vince McMahon brags about taking on ABC and “20/20”—which he did in a real-life interview.

Carrie, another high school friend, has just entered the dream. She is wearing her prom dress and is sitting in a plastic school chair, preparing for the wedding. I try to convince her and Kristen, let’s call that first dream gal, that wrestling is awesome and they really should watch it.

They don’t buy it.

CUT TO:

Wedding Reception

Bunch of friends mingling with people I don’t know. Everyone has a thought ball, which is a small ball of silly-putty-like substance. The balls are different colors; mine is gray. No one knows or cares what they are for except me. Everyone looks bored so I telepathically control my thought ball to bounce around the room. My perception follows the ball as it zips and pings off the walls, the floor, between peoples’ legs, underneath tables—all over the place. This entertains everyone. While they are distracted, I take their thought balls and put them in a glass mug a friend gave me in real life for attending his wedding. I offer the glass, which has my initials inscribed on it, to the groom as a wedding present. I do this semi-jokingly as it isn’t a wedding gift proper, but will have to suffice as I’ve not yet bought him anything. He decides to ask the thought balls a question the way one asks a toy Magic 8 Ball.

“Hey though ball: Does so-and-so like so-and-so? [I forget the names]”

The two balls corresponding to the two people in question respond by changing their colors to white. Originally, one ball was mauve; I forget what color the other one was. Somehow we understand this change to mean, “yes.” This game goes on for some time, with the groom and his new bride finding the inner-most dish on his best friends. Like the Magic 8 Ball, I note, the thought balls can only answer yes or no questions.

The newlyweds and their guests file into another room for partying, I think. Great. Now I can ask my thought ball the questions I’ve always wanted answered. I pick it up off the floor and play with it. I discover new properties, namely that I can make it hover between my hands but not over them. I take a moment to formulate the proper wording for my question then ask: “Hey thought ball…Have I ever been abducted by aliens as I perceive them?” (By “perceive” I mean that I don’t really know if these beings people call aliens are from another planet.)

The tiny thought ball really comes alive now, morphing and expanding in my hands. It turns into a rectangular plaque the size of a hardcover book. A large-eyed “typical” alien face materializes in the plaque. Terror sweeps over me like an iceberg. Then, at split second intervals, the thought ball morphs into a human face—possibly my own—then expands into a life-size cot. At that, the words YES! BIG TIME! Flash through my mind. I hadn’t known what to expect before asking the question but the sheer rawness of the answer was frightening beyond capacity.

I drop the thought ball, which is now an ever-expanding cot, and realize my surroundings have changed. I am now standing alone in my mother’s parents’ bedroom. I flee to the living room, where all the people should be. In real life, the terror has jolted me to a more awakened state but I fight to stay in the dream.

And the dream fights to keep me there.

My mother is in the living room as well as my extended family. I have the thought ball in my hands again, as if I’d never left it behind Now, though, it isn’t a ball anymore, it’s a food tray and clay tablet in one. I wonder privately why I am allowed to know this about myself, that I’ve been abducted by aliens, when it seems from reading the literature, so many other abductees are not. In response to the unasked, the part of the tray that’s a clay tablet reads something like: “Article 1 states that the human species has a right to know everything about itself from present to 1346.” (That’s a loose translation from my fading memory.)

[I remember that the date was crinkled so at first I only saw the 46. I thought this referred to 1946, the year of the alleged Roswell UFO crash. But even that would be wrong as the year of the alleged crash is 1947. Fortunately, the inscription flattened itself out to reveal 1346, which at the time, I thought mean the 1300’s. Again, this makes no sense, unless by “present” the thought ball meant the present time from which its message was sent, which would be sometime in our past. Let’s not over think this. It’s just a dream, folks. I don’t know if I called timeout for this but…time back in!]

There is food on the food tray part of this thing that is certainly alien to me. There is a whitish-brown cylindrical thing that looks like a cross between an egg roll and a sandwich wrap. To its left sit two noodle wafer looking items, brownish yellow in color. They seemed to be pastries or pastry-like—nothing I’ve seen in real life. To the right of the food in big letters is the word SPECIES.

“You want me to eat something called species?” I joke. I know the implication is that the food contains some sort of knowledge that is meant for me but I am feeling extremely full and do not want to eat. I think maybe my mother wants it so I give it to her. She accepts eagerly.

Back in real life, I can no longer keep myself from waking up as I am now aware that I have to pee. I use the bathroom then climb back into bed. I note the time: 7:51am. It isn’t hard to conjure up an image of the thought ball. I have so many questions to ask it but the answers I receive are conscious and forced.

The answers I receive are not real.

It was extremely difficult getting back to sleep. The implications of the dream were startling. Did I really gain conscious access to my unconscious mind for a fleeting moment? The terror was real enough and everything about what I was shown smacked of a truth I only thought I was prepared for.

I think the cot is symbolic of the fact that they take me at night. The alien face was them but who was the human face? Was it me? Was it some other alien type? Or were both faces my own?

How can I hope to sleep normally tonight?

WOW Jerry are you sure there wern't any angels in that dream! Just joking.

Very interesting dream! I think we all could use a thought ball to answer our questions.

I had this dream recently and woke up screaming and sweating.
I often have dreams about my old house, a two-family flat that we shared with my grandmother, who i was extremely close to.

It starts off with me being at a high school skiing championship (I don't ski and I'm not really near any skiing hills). As one of the skiiers goes by, they drop something in the snow. I go to pick it up and take it over to this massive tree, which is being used as the event HQ (hey, it's a dream). Suddenly, the tree splits open and I'm asked to come inside.
Then I'm suddenly teleported to my grandmother's apartment. This evil looking woman is there. Never seen her before but she scared the piss out of me in the dream. She tells me I'm going to be trapped in this dream unless I can find the room that doesn't belong. Suddenly, I'm switching through room after room, almost like they're slides on a film projector. Every room includes a dead person, which makes looking at the rooms very scary and intense. This goes on for quite some time and I sort of wake up in the dream and tell myself to just wake up. Except I cant. then I hear the scary women's voice tell me that I'm trapped until i find the odd room. Now I'm in full panic mode in the dream. I go room after room in rapid-fire mode until I finally back up and discover a side closet that was never in my grandmother's house and surprise, there's no dead person there. Suddenly I'm freed. Then the evil woman appears and tells me that I can wake up. She's on the stairway that used to lead to the front door. I turned back to look at her and she smiles and I wake up screaming.

I have a lot of crazy dreams, actually they are not crazy but ever since I was a little kid, I used to have the same dreams every so often. Sometimes a year would go by before I would have the same dream and as long as i can remember I have always been able to remembermy dreams every one of them with perfect clarity. So I have had like these 5 or 6 dreams that are the same my whole life, thats not to say I don't have different dreams because I do but these 5 or6 are the same and i dream them 4,5,6, even7 times ayear. In one of them I am on a subway track in Boston where I live and there is a bridge and as I am walking over the bridge someone starts shooting at me, I shoot back but a lot of the time the gun will not work or the bullets will just fall out and I try to run but I can't. Can anyone relate how if in your dream and your threatened, you cannot seem to run?. Well I had never been to this place in my life and three months ago I found myself walking over this subway bridge and it was the exact same one as in my dream. It was so weird and I kept having the feeling I was being watched and felt uneasy and threatened. I walked over this bridge and just as I made it to the other side I heard a shot ring out and not 50 yards awayfrom me someone had been shot. Mind you thids was no dream it was actually happening after all these years my dream was coming true except I wasn't the one being shot at. It was so bizzare and so surreal that I was freaked out to the max. So now I keep waiting for the rest of my dreams to happen. I can wake up and fall back into the same dream anytime I choose to and I have always had this ability i thought everybody did and a lot of times I find myself in a state of being awake and asleep at the same time. Itas like I have some control over my subconcious. anyway I thought I would share that with you. alucard

When I was 5 or 6 years old, I had a dream that my siblings and I were playing in the hay loft of a barn, and the devil from the label of Underwood deviled ham came and set fire to it. Oddly enough, that's the last dream I ever remembered having for the next 40 years until just two weeks ago. Since then I've been remembering dreams most every night.

I've had this dream in different variations more than once, Here was the version from 2 days ago:

I'm watching a television and on the news there is some sort of major event taking place in a downtown city, there is a news woman in a helicopter and she looks shocked.

Suddenly I'm in the helicopter and sitting beside her. She's looking out the window and saying "oh my god I can't believe it", so I lean over and try to look out the window.

As the helicopter lowers I see a big object which looks at first like a gigantic blimp surrounded by some sort of fog. This object is sitting right in the midst of a big downtown city, it's surrounded by vehicles and tons of people. As we get closer I see that it's some sort of solid metallic object, like a ufo but with a protruding end. We reach about an even level with the object and I see that on the side of the object is a giant black swastika.

Next I'm outside of the helicopter and I see an occupant of the craft. It's a short asian-looking man with a black mustache. Not a hitler mustache, more of the thin 'John Waters' kind.

I've had different variations of the "gigantic ufo event in a downtown city with the swastika prominently involved" over the course of about 12 years. Back then it was before I read any stories of nazi/ufo connections.

Back