• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What dreams may come...

saucerwench

Skilled Investigator
After a series of 'ufo' sightings I had in the late '70s, I started to have spectacularily accurate precognitive dreams. I saw President Reagan get shot at by Hinkley, just like you saw it on the TV news. Shortly prior to 9-11-01, I was standing at the base of a skyscraper (in my dream) and watching it fall down on to me, while it was burning. Strangely however, my mother had been having pre-cog dreams before I had my ufo flapwave experiences. Right before Charley Manson and his girls were rolled-up, my mom dreamt of a man with long hair and (the actual number of) those women, running away from her view, and they were all dressed in black. One morning when I lived at home, I came into the kitchen, and my mom was just standing there ashen-faced, and I ask her whats wrong, and she said that a horrible nightmare had disturbed her. In it, a large jet airliner was taking off. right after it went over some trees, it went down. Crashed. A couple days later on the news, was the crash of that Chicago Ohare airliner which killed nearly 300 people.
Over the years the dreams for me lessened. For several years however, I had repetetive dreams of everyone living under ground, in organized, like, FEMA type camps called 'sectors'. then those dreams abruptly stopped a couple years ago. I HAVEN'T A CLUE what that was all about.

Extremely recently, I have been having repetitive dreams of numerous tornados, small brownish tornadoes, monster black tornadoes. I always wake up sobbing, feeling extremely sad. whats up with that? Anyone else having these kind of dreams?

Have you described your UFO sightings somewhere in this forum ? I'd like to hear that.

No precognitive dreams for me no...

When you have these dreams do you feel like you are being "shown"(by some one or some thing) the events, or is it more like you are actually there and in danger your self?

do you want to keep having these dreams or would you prefer that they stopped?

Sometimes having pen and paper or a dictaphone* near where you sleep can help you record your dreams, just after you have had them so your memory is fresh.

With practice you can remember more of your dreams if you think/say to your self "I will remember my dreams" just before you fall asleep. you can also use an object to this end for example a "dream catcher" but any thing can be used e.g fold a piece of paper in half and when you fold it think/say to your self "this will help me remember my dreams" and keep it (the folded paper) where you can see it when you go to sleep, when you wake up it could remind of a dream you would otherwise of forgotten.

*(most modern mobile/cell telephones have a sound recording Feature)

I had a restless night last night, and I'm pretty sure I had nightmare and woke up my wife, although she didn't really remember, which happens when you're asleep.

Well, one of the many predictions for the end of the world is coming up in a couple of years, so maybe that's what you're seeing. I mean, eventually one of those end of the world dates will be right, right?

Honestly, I think that premonitions and the like are confirmation bias: Why Our Brains Do Not Intuitively Grasp Probabilities: Scientific American

That is my shtick though :)

I had a restless night last night, and I'm pretty sure I had nightmare and woke up my wife, although she didn't really remember, which happens when you're asleep.

Well, one of the many predictions for the end of the world is coming up in a couple of years, so maybe that's what you're seeing. I mean, eventually one of those end of the world dates will be right, right?

Honestly, I think that premonitions and the like are confirmation bias: Why Our Brains Do Not Intuitively Grasp Probabilities: Scientific American

That is my shtick though :)

Welcome BACK TO REALITY everyone ! :cool:

Angel with all due respect I can't agree although you do make some good points as I'm sure does the article. However, and this is just "one" example that I've had that defies the old materilistic way of looking at life. I have a friend who is a PhD in Mathamatics. He is one of the most intelligent folks I know. Not always right and I don't always agree with him but I always respect his knowledge and his I.Q. :) Anyway, he is not in any way a woo woo person. He devours Scientifc American the way I devour S.E.C. football articals and talk shows. (If ya knew me you'd know that's a bunch.) :) Well, I have often had phrophetic (please excuse my spelling I don't have spell check and I'm typing during my lunch hour.)dreams. One morning I had a dream and I told my wife (she also has a college degree and is no slouch or follower of woo woo herself. I said "I am so sure of this I want you to take notes at least mentally to back me up." We then told my friend. He trust us or he would have flat out said we were lying because he does not have room in his worldview for the paranormal or at least not for the most part. Well, everything I told my wife and my friend happened and it happened the way I said it would. Now, I can't do this on demand and I am not a fortune teller. There are just times when I get things. My friend caculated in his own mind the odds and was just shocked. He said in a very quiet voice. "Well I'll just have to file that one away." He did and we don't talk about it and haven't talked about it anymore. I say that not to "prove" anything becaue honestly it's still (to anybody else) just antedoctal and not provable. But, to me it absolutely cause me to see farther than the folks at Scientific American (and I do respect them) tell me I can see. Peace. :)

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I have had other "times" when I have talked to people about my dreams. I've had one or the other extreme reaction. The materialistic friends will say "No" you just "think" it happened that way. The relgious friends have been known to say "It's of the devil" you should leave it alone.

Of course I think their both wrong. :)

Angel with all due respect I can't agree although you do make some good points as I'm sure does the article. However, and this is just "one" example that I've had that defies the old materilistic way of looking at life. I have a friend who is a PhD in Mathamatics. He is one of the most intelligent folks I know. Not always right and I don't always agree with him but I always respect his knowledge and his I.Q. :) Anyway, he is not in any way a woo woo person. He devours Scientifc American the way I devour S.E.C. football articals and talk shows. (If ya knew me you'd know that's a bunch.) :) Well, I have often had phrophetic (please excuse my spelling I don't have spell check and I'm typing during my lunch hour.)dreams. One morning I had a dream and I told my wife (she also has a college degree and is no slouch or follower of woo woo herself. I said "I am so sure of this I want you to take notes at least mentally to back me up." We then told my friend. He trust us or he would have flat out said we were lying because he does not have room in his worldview for the paranormal or at least not for the most part. Well, everything I told my wife and my friend happened and it happened the way I said it would. Now, I can't do this on demand and I am not a fortune teller. There are just times when I get things. My friend caculated in his own mind the odds and was just shocked. He said in a very quiet voice. "Well I'll just have to file that one away." He did and we don't talk about it and haven't talked about it anymore. I say that not to "prove" anything becaue honestly it's still (to anybody else) just antedoctal and not provable. But, to me it absolutely cause me to see farther than the folks at Scientific American (and I do respect them) tell me I can see. Peace. :)

That's fine. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just posting a more plausible explanation. It doesn't mean it's the right one, but it's the one I'll side with if I'm asked my opinion. To me it makes more sense than prophetic dreams.

No worries.
A

I disagree (big suprise) that yours is more "plausable" but like you I can say I'm not trying to "convince" anybody of anything. We all have our own "inner dialog." I do try to be honest with myself first and with others. I appreciate the way you discuss matters even if you are a "hard headed skeptic" :)

Peace.

The relgious friends have been known to say "It's of the devil" you should leave it alone.

People actually say that? Alabama and Quebec are two very different places, and I tend to forget how liberal and secular Quebec is. I was listening to a Montreal based podcast and they were talking about how different things are here in comparison to much of the United States when it comes to religion.

"Some" people in Bama say that. Although the most far right religious folks I ever met were from Southern California of all places. But, don't tell Hollywood. They think all of L.A. is cool. :)

Tyder I am ---NOT--- playing anyone, I have described 'The Truth And Nothing But the Truth' in telling about my dream experiences.

My apology for infering your were not on the up and up. You know your own mind and I should not presume to "judge" somebody I've never met.
Peace. :cool:

Have you described your UFO sightings somewhere in this forum ? I'd like to hear that.

No precognitive dreams for me no...

I have been in various chat forums for a long time and have described my sightings, but it's been a while, so I guess I could get to work on writing about those. This would be a 'project', not a 'soundbite'. Lots of stuff to tell.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Thanks Tyder, peace to you as well!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

When you have these dreams do you feel like you are being "shown"(by some one or some thing) the events, or is it more like you are actually there and in danger your self?

do you want to keep having these dreams or would you prefer that they stopped?

Sometimes having pen and paper or a dictaphone* near where you sleep can help you record your dreams, just after you have had them so your memory is fresh.

With practice you can remember more of your dreams if you think/say to your self "I will remember my dreams" just before you fall asleep. you can also use an object to this end for example a "dream catcher" but any thing can be used e.g fold a piece of paper in half and when you fold it think/say to your self "this will help me remember my dreams" and keep it (the folded paper) where you can see it when you go to sleep, when you wake up it could remind of a dream you would otherwise of forgotten.
*(most modern mobile/cell telephones have a sound recording Feature)

Hi Han. I am right in the middle of all that mayhem, and never a mere observer being shown it. My feelings are of much fear, and I would like to -----NOT have these kinds of dreams.

[\QUOTE]
Hi Han. I am right in the middle of all that mayhem, and never a mere observer being shown it. My feelings are of much fear, and I would like to -----NOT have these kinds of dreams.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didnt write what I actually meant when I said do you want to keep having these dreams
what I should of said is: do you feel that experiencing these dreams is having a negative effect in the concious world, or do you feel that they keep you safe by warning you of danger?
from your answer I guess that its the former I am sorry to hear you distress. The only advice I can give is dont be afraid to talk to trusted friends or family.
best wishes

Back