• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What do you think the Crystal Skulls are?

I'm more bothered by the fact that the Hedges skull seems to call himself "Max"....what a dumb name for a cool old skull! You'd think he could come up with something better than that.

I've given some extensive thought to this subject, and I have come up with an answer that cannot be negated by any scientist, theorist, archeologist, or electron microscope technician with unlimited access to the skulls for the purpose of studying.

To start with, they are skull-shaped; secondly, they are carved from rock quartz, with a high polish to them, indicating hours and hours of polishing which in turn indicates they took quite a while to complete - at least two hours, perhaps more... so time was not exactly a restriction to their creator; that may suggest the person who made a skull had some time on their hands, plus access to really big chunks of rock quartz.

So, the person or persons who carved a skull, also needed to have a bit of ready cash available to pay for the big chunk of quartz, especially if they didn't manage to carve the skull without breaking it and had to try, try, try again.

also, the person or persons who carved at least one of the skulls had to be a male, by reason of the process of elimination. slightly more than half the population is female, but most of the skulls have been noted in publications prior to 70 years ago. given the times, females would be highly unlikely to be going about, picking up heavy chunks of quartz. it would have been, well, unseemly. ergo, at least one of the skull carvers had to be male. but the polishers were probably female, as that was their lot back then, scraping, scrubbing, that sort of thing. also, they carried hankies most of the time, so that would have been ultra handy for the purposes of polishing.

rock quartz was quite popular in England and Scotland as a jewellery stone, so I am going to suggest - not declare, mind you - that most of the skulls come from England. That would also explain the moniker "Max" that one of the skulls calls itself. German names were quite popular in England for a while, the monarchy, you know.

Which would lead us to speculate on the actual date of the skulls... perhaps Victorian times, when all things exotic were popular - Egyptian mummies, spectral apparitions, ouija boards and seances, mesmerism and attempting to bring the dead to life through the use of modern electricity... this fad never really sparked, though. However, such occupations did continue to the very early 1900's when modern science debunked most of the practise behind such entertaining theories, so we could put an approximate date to the skulls of 1901, January 23, at tea time, give or take 2 minutes.

All that irrefutable evidence tells me the definitive answer to the question "what are the crystal skulls" is that they are skull-shaped chunks of crystal. or rock quartz.

I was always amused when the "experts" would say the skulls were polished by rubbing leaves on them, for years and years.

Leaves.

If someone could carve the quartz, why the hell would they use leaves!

Yeah, and they used them copper tools to cut the granite used in the Great Pyramid. :rolleyes:

Sometimes the "experts" say some really dumb things. Job security I guess.

DavidRavenMoon;64813 If someone could carve the quartz said:
RACIAL HUMOR WARNING!

Because Mexicans get paid by the hour.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

RACIAL HUMOR WARNING!

Because Mexicans get paid by the hour.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Mexican is not racial. It is a nationality. So, you really made no racial remark at all. Same as saying Russian, Polish, or Brazilian

I sort of think they were made to honor the dead in some way. If you think about it, they didn't make a "face" they made a skull, the thing that is left after you die and decay. Perhaps they thought that they could communicate with the dead that way. Quartz is also believed to resonate at certain frequencies. We use it in watches and in computers to store information. Perhaps they were able to "upload" information to it for others to "download" hence why the ancients say they received information from it. Perhaps the quartz just amplified higher brain waves allowing the individual to tap into some information but thinking it was someone else who was giving them the information?

I decided to try a test once to see if I could "upload" something into the crystal and then have someone else "download" this information. I took a quartz crystal and held it in my hands. In my mind I asked to wipe it clear like a formatting a disk so no information was in it. I then "scanned" 3 objects with it very slowly and imagined the images were "uploading" into the crystal. I scanned a wrist watch, a glass sculpture of a fish and a quarter. I then gave the crystal to a friend tell them I had put information in it that I wanted them to extract. We talked about how to do this an finally I suggested they just hold it and ask themselves to get the info(whatever way it would happen). I did tell the person I scanned 3 things. She said "I see the image of a clock", next she said "I see seafood" and next she said "I see a dollar bill". Now if we look at the watch vs. a clock I'd say that was pretty much on the mark. The seafood was in a way, of course, with a fish being seafood. The dollar was money as was the quarter. I would like to think the test was a success but at the same time, I must understand that she should have seen a watch and not a clock, a fish instead of seafood and a quarter and not a dollar bill as those were the things. However, I see that her mind had to interpret information that was stored and while not 100% accurate, you could see how close she was to that actual thing. Perhaps someone else could try and give the results.

That's very interesting. I wonder, though, if this experiment would have worked without the prop? I mean, was the skull strictly necessary? It is possible you were connected with your friend anyway. Sounds like an interesting thing to pursue.

That's very interesting. I wonder, though, if this experiment would have worked without the prop? I mean, was the skull strictly necessary? It is possible you were connected with your friend anyway. Sounds like an interesting thing to pursue.
Based on personal experience, I would say that mind to mind communication can happen with no intermediary device. Crystal skulls may help.

I sort of think they were made to honor the dead in some way. If you think about it, they didn't make a "face" they made a skull, the thing that is left after you die and decay. Perhaps they thought that they could communicate with the dead that way. Quartz is also believed to resonate at certain frequencies. We use it in watches and in computers to store information. Perhaps they were able to "upload" information to it for others to "download" hence why the ancients say they received information from it. Perhaps the quartz just amplified higher brain waves allowing the individual to tap into some information but thinking it was someone else who was giving them the information? ...

If memory serves me correctly, quartz DOES resonate at certain frequencies, that is why it is used in precise timing instruments. But I have never heard of it storing any information.

There's nothing substatial to the crystal skulls theme. A lot of myths have been weaved around them, including a fake association with the Mayan civilization (no proof of such thing exists) and the idea that they were scattered around the world by an ancient civilization (possibly the atlanteans). The only skull that still keeps some mystery to it is the Mitchell-Hedges one, but that's more due to lack of opportunities to study it in a scientific fashion than to factual reasons. More that anything, the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is a beautiful showpiece of craftsmanship, despite it's real origin or year of manufacture.

Back