• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What do you think the Crystal Skulls are?

sh1fty

Paranormal Novice
Mystery of the Crystal Skulls

Apparently these skulls were found scattered all over the world. The Mayans said crazy stuff would happen with them, like the skulls would tell them information and also could set fires from its eyes.

In the 1970s Hewlett Packard took one in for testing and found incredible things about them. It explained how light, when shined through the skull, would channel right through the eyes and have the ability to set fires - sort of like a magnifying glass does. Also the skulls are made of pure quartz. This is what we use in all of our computers and such, and it has the unique ability to store information. This could explain how the skulls could teach the Mayans information passed down. The skulls also showed now signs of tool usage on them. The scientists deducted the only way they could of been made by human is by sand and water carving. This would of taken over 300 years because of frailty of quartz.

I'm not sure what to believe about these skulls, but it's definitely interesting. I haven't seen the new Indiana Jones yet, but apparently it's about this and somehow involves E.T.s.

What do you guys think?

Hi sh1fty,

You might like to listen to some previous shows with Klaus Dona,

December 17, 06
July 20, 08

This guy is fascinating and essential listening on topics like this. Give em a listen, you wont be disappointed.

Slightly off topic, but I do think it interesting that early Mans use of flint for toolmaking has in a way repeated itself.
What with our reliance on computers and therefore silicon chips, and flint being essentialy silicon, I cant help but see the irony in that.
Especially and unfortunately as both technologies were and are used in an aggresive way towards our fellows.

Haven't really progressed much in some ways have we.

Mark

Electron microscopes have proven the Eugene Boban skulls were made using 19th century rotary cutting tools. The British museum, which housed these skulls, no longer classifies them as a pre Columbian artifact for that reason alone.

The Paris skulls went through thorough testing (particle accelerator) and were also found to be polished by modern tools and traces of water used during the cutting and polishing process.

The current owner of the Mitchell-Hedges skulls refuses to allow the skulls to be tested with modern equipment. I'd assume because he's a little worried about the skulls also being discovered as fine, artistic hoaxes.

Hi shifty.

The skulls always did fascinate me. For some reason, I wonder if they might not be some sort of a recording device? I know that makes absolutely no sense whey I'd think that or that they would be, but I get that feeling about 'em sometimes...*shrug*

I hope Paracast does more shows about these skulls.

I think the concept and story is cool, but I doubt they have any actual significance to the paranormal. I figure they are strictly ceremonial peices.

Electron microscopes have proven the Eugene Boban skulls were made using 19th century rotary cutting tools. The British museum, which housed these skulls, no longer classifies them as a pre Columbian artifact for that reason alone.

The Paris skulls went through thorough testing (particle accelerator) and were also found to be polished by modern tools and traces of water used during the cutting and polishing process.

The current owner of the Mitchell-Hedges skulls refuses to allow the skulls to be tested with modern equipment. I'd assume because he's a little worried about the skulls also being discovered as fine, artistic hoaxes.

Do you like to rain on Crystal Skulls parade? You sure do. :D

Tks for bringing up Klaus Dona Mark. I had forgotten about him until now, and like you I really enjoyed his interviews.

Hopefully he can make a return visit soon.

Aliens do crystal meth.

I think Lucas and Spielberg did some too ...when they were making Indiana Jones 4.

indiana-jones-4.jpg

I think you need to include links to verifiable results from actual research.

I also think that the skulls are pretty artwork, not anything mystical, or magical, or powerful, or anything. Recent artwork, period.

Mystery of the Crystal Skulls

Apparently these skulls were found scattered all over the world. The Mayans said crazy stuff would happen with them, like the skulls would tell them information and also could set fires from its eyes.

In the 1970s Hewlett Packard took one in for testing and found incredible things about them. It explained how light, when shined through the skull, would channel right through the eyes and have the ability to set fires - sort of like a magnifying glass does. Also the skulls are made of pure quartz. This is what we use in all of our computers and such, and it has the unique ability to store information. This could explain how the skulls could teach the Mayans information passed down. The skulls also showed now signs of tool usage on them. The scientists deducted the only way they could of been made by human is by sand and water carving. This would of taken over 300 years because of frailty of quartz.

I'm not sure what to believe about these skulls, but it's definitely interesting. I haven't seen the new Indiana Jones yet, but apparently it's about this and somehow involves E.T.s.

What do you guys think?

Maybe Hewlett Packard used the mysterious power of the skulls to help build their Indigo digital offset printer range. Oooooer! Spooky!

Maybe Hewlett Packard used the mysterious power of the skulls to help build their Indigo digital offset printer range. Oooooer! Spooky!

Seriously?

I read a book a while ago simply called "The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls" by Chris Morton and Ceri Louise Thomas which was quite an enjoyable read.

The authors seem to be genuine and the research seems thorough. They explore all sorts of theories and myths surrounding the objects. The culmination of their journey at the end of the book is amazing if it's true.

I think we're all wrong if we declare something true or false, with only ever reading articles about them and making our minds up that way. These specific skulls may not be legit - but who's to say that this whole phenomenon is fake?

The Mayans talked greatly of them and of what they could do. Somewhere down the line, the real skulls could have been lost, hoarded, or anything. There are litterally infinite possibilities for everything, so lets not keep placing things into our realm of whats "possible".

I think we're all wrong if we declare something true or false, with only ever reading articles about them and making our minds up that way. These specific skulls may not be legit - but who's to say that this whole phenomenon is fake?

The Mayans talked greatly of them and of what they could do. Somewhere down the line, the real skulls could have been lost, hoarded, or anything. There are litterally infinite possibilities for everything, so lets not keep placing things into our realm of whats "possible".

Who's to say they're fake? No one. Who's to say they're produced with modern day technology and manufacturing processes? The British Museum who went as far as commissioning the help of identifying this with the aid of an electron microscope.

These skulls exist. They're real. They're also NOT ancient mystical objects because they haven't been proven so. Let's not forget the Mayans also practiced autosacrifice and human sacrifice. Whilst people emphasize they were very advanced, they were also very superstitious. The Mayans were probably as fuck crazy as modern day fundamentalists.

Frankly, when people use "Mayans" in their founding argument to give woo topics a little credibility, my brain tries to crawl out through my nose.

Hey gang my brother just told me that there is some kind of exhibition in Nevada City
displaying a crystal skull. Wish I could go.

http://www.newsreview.com/sacrament..._visits_california/local/Calendar?oid=1004897

Sorry John, just had to post this. If you go send me some pics please, and it would be great if you could post some here as well.

Mark

Holy freaking cow! People are actually paying money to see this? I'm still recovering from the Mind, Body and Spirit expo here in Melbourne I was unfortunate enough to attend. $16 entry fee and a parade of wierdos cashing in on the gullibility of the public.

My oh my.

Back