• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What do you think caused the Nazca lines?

Could it have been broken into small enough pieces to just get thrown around elsewhere? Could pilgrims to this sacred site have taken parts of it home with them.

I think among two questions - why and how the latter is more important. For a second I thought it would be helpful to try to replicate such drawings today but than what should you have in your disposal to make a valid experiment? They had to know geometry on a pretty high level and if they did know it that well are there any other evidence of applying it to other matters? Complex buildings?

Forget the lines. :) Look over yonder. Somebody shaved off the tops of several damn mountains. Didn't do that with a homemade shovel. I think Giorgio Tsoukalos got it right. If ancient aliens didn't flatten the tops of entire mountains, who did?

Ah yes, "when in doubt, the aliens did it!" A very cool idea, imagine if it were true? Unfortunately we have ZERO evidence that ETs have ever been here.

Ah yes, "when in doubt, the aliens did it!" A very cool idea, imagine if it were true? Unfortunately we have ZERO evidence that ETs have ever been here.

To many of us, there is no real evidence a figure central to religious mythology was ever here either yet millions swear its true.

I had heard that Peruvians say in their tradition the Nazca lines were for shamanic training. That would most likely imply they created the lines for their own purposes.

I agree with user pong. those mountains that seem to have had maybe an entire third of their mass completely removed, leaving a flat surface - where did all the mountain material go? and why?
also, if the pictures were for their gods, then why were they so sure that the gods were beings that inhabited the sky and would choose or be able to look down on their creations. makes me think the were trying to signal beings they knew inhabited the sky. it seems an awful lot of bother to go thru for a completely made-up idea of gods they had never even seen.

Back