• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What do you regard as the most compelling piece of UFO information/evidence?

KEROUAC

Skilled Investigator
Ok seeing as my possibly ill conceived "How would you convince someone in one sentence" thread fell flat on it's face :redface: here is a better one. (I hope)

What for you is the most compelling piece of UFO information/evidence?

For me I suppose it would be Stanton Friedman's book on Roswell or Timothy Good's Above Top Secret with it's many accounts and testimonies from credible people with nothing to gain from lying.

Ok seeing as my possibly ill conceived "How would you convince someone in one sentence" thread fell flat on it's face :redface: here is a better one. (I hope)

What for you is the most compelling piece of UFO information/evidence?

For me I suppose it would be Stanton Friedman's book on Roswell or Timothy Good's Above Top Secret with it's many accounts and testimonies from credible people with nothing to gain from lying.

For me, i think we have alot of accounts of smaller sightings which are compelling. But, if i was trying to tell someone about the subject, i would point to the hudson valley sightings of the 1980's witnessed by thousands of people, The mexican flap of 1990s witnessed by thousands, The belgium triangle witnessed by individuals and by the belgium Airforce.The 1952 Appearance of ufos over Washington and the Rendlesham incident were a small triangle was claimed to have landed in a forest near a American/nato base.There is many more, but this are my favourites as regarding evidence for something unknown.

As an example: Gordon Coopers testimony! For me there is no way that this man just lied about his experience or misinterpreted something different as a 'classical bubble shaped' UFO...

Go look over at The Paracast TV thread, there are links Youtube clips some of the cases presented in Paul Kimball's excellent "Best Evidence" documentary, such as the Kelly Johnson sighting, the Skylab III case (w/photo) and more. Each and every one of them is golden.

dB

Nellis AFB video. Whether its "ours" or "theirs", its definitely something cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDdEnpduRKI

EDIT: to clarify, I dont think this is the most compelling evidence ever. However I think its some of the most intesting video that exists in the public domain. Im sure theres better stuff out there (Gordon Cooper's film, for example), but not accessible to the general public.

Go look over at The Paracast TV thread, there are links Youtube clips some of the cases presented in Paul Kimball's excellent "Best Evidence" documentary, such as the Kelly Johnson sighting, the Skylab III case (w/photo) and more. Each and every one of them is golden.

dB

First thing that came to my mind was Kelly Johnson.

I like the Iranian airforce case. That being said, it is not one single case that keeps me looking up, it is the whole body of evidence that I find compelling, and why I think ufo's are worthy of more then just cursory investigation.

Although Roswell is a sentimental favorite there really is no solid evidence. Except for the fact that the Air Force has lied 4 times about something that never happened.

But for my money it would have to be Rendlesham Forest! As much as Charles Halt is taking a beating from Peter Robbins (a guy who definitely loves the sound of his own voice), Larry Warren and a few others it is (in fact) Halt who has delivered some goods. A report and a audio tape that no one denies is nothing less than authentic. Also all of the military people who were there and some local civilians who also saw the unusual flying thingies from different perspectives.

I kind of like Kecksburg for some reason as well. Although I really can't put my finger on it except it took place around a time that something unusual took place in a field within spitting distance of my house. I did not see anything but, apparently, all of our neighbors did!

I kind of like Kecksburg for some reason as well. Although I really can't put my finger on it except it took place around a time that something unusual took place in a field within spitting distance of my house. I did not see anything but, apparently, all of our neighbors did!

Didn't you at least hear the thing come down?

Nellis AFB video. Whether its "ours" or "theirs", its definitely something cool.

to clarify, I dont think this is the most compelling evidence ever. However I think its some of the most intesting video that exists in the public domain. Im sure theres better stuff out there (Gordon Cooper's film, for example), but not accessible to the general public.

Excellent one !!!

Another example supporting my 'crazy' :D space bending craft idea. By bending space around it the craft appears to change shapes... which it is not.

An observer would receive photons whose normally straight path has been altered by the massive gravitational effect necessary to keep the craft in position. The 'illusion' of shape shifting is produced by the constant spacial displacement adjustments made by the craft ;)

The Kumburgaz case is pretty juicy.

Argentina: Region Still Astonished by Police UFO Case
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
That is really interesting thank you. Just wondering if Sirius UFO Space Sciences Research Center are known to be credible.

Also isn't it Turkey not Argrentina?

Also isn't it Turkey not Argrentina?
I don't know where the 'Argentina' came from.
I think the best footage this guy got was a morning shot of some lights out over the water that a dog on the shore obviously notices and barks at.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The Allagash abduction incident is my #1 UFO case. If God (Or the Devil, or whatever.) were to approach me and demand that I pick one UFO case that I believe to have been caused by aliens (Or something equally bizarre.) and explained that if I got it wrong I'd be struck down Allagash is the case I'd pick.

Didn't you at least hear the thing come down?
I heard nothing.

I was 8 or 9 years of age and I was playing in the house. But I definitely remember that the door was open as were the windows so it was either a really warm winters day (like it was in Kecksburg that day) or summer. The more I think about it summer seems to be the winner here and it was just as the sun started to go down. As I remember my best friend ( this is how I remember it was summer. His mom was a MILF back then. And she wore these pretty provocative clothes even for the 60's. The shorts.... oh the shorts she wore!) comes running up and starts pounding on the door and screaming. My Mom and I went to the door and it was open to the west. That is how I can say for sure the sun was setting.

He was really babbling. And we were going what? what? Then we saw a bunch of our neighbors walking down the road past our house. At that point he said something we understood.... Flying Saucer. My mother had a frightened look on her face. They were telling us that something landed in the field below our house. Now to put it into perspective. We could not see down into the field as there was a house next to ours and then another house. At the second house was a very slight rise and then it drops into what I can best describe as a bowl. Bordered by woods in the back as seen from the road and is (my best guess) 1000 ft X 800 ft. I drove by there the other day and that is my best estimate. They also saw it take off. We went over to the area and there was nothing there (of course). And that is all I remember. But, something funny I do notice…. In the winter you can see were there seems to be a circle in the dead brush on the ground. I am not sure if that was due to bon fires or burning of brush or what. I would love to get permission from the owners and go have a look.

Sorry that I don’t remember any more and I am hoping that I didn’t embellish it too much.

One last thing to note is in the early 50’s a WWII era fighter crashed just beyond the border of the woods. My Dad filmed the crash. But gave up the film to the Air Force when they asked if anyone had photos.

Back