• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

We need quotes from our listeners

David Biedny

Paranormal Adept
Folks,

We're putting together a sheet of quotes from our listeners, in the process of building our media kit.

I've been raking through the forums and realizing that there's TONS of stuff to go through.

So here's our request - please take a few minutes and post a message with your feelings about the show. Let us know if we can quote you by either name or handle, and please tell us why you listen to our program.

Gene & I thank you in advance, we deeply and totally appreciate your help! And thanks for listening.

When I blogged about internet paranormal radio, I wasn't familiar yet with the Paracast, though I later went back and added it briefly.

http://spookyparadigm.blogspot.com/2006/12/radio-grapevine-of-spooky-paradigm.html

But if you want to attribute a quote,

"The Paracast regularly provides some of the most thoughtful, and definitely the most honest, discussion of paranormal topics that can be had. And it is part of a growing movement attempting to recast the study of UFOs for the 21st century."

David Biedny said:
Folks,

We're putting together a sheet of quotes from our listeners, in the process of building our media kit.

I've been raking through the forums and realizing that there's TONS of stuff to go through.

So here's our request - please take a few minutes and post a message with your feelings about the show. Let us know if we can quote you by either name or handle, and please tell us why you listen to our program.

Gene & I thank you in advance, we deeply and totally appreciate your help! And thanks for listening.

How about: The Paracast is one of the few flowers growing out of the manure of the current paranormal community.

The Paracast is that rare bird in the paranormal community: openminded without being naive, respectful without being credulous, technological without being overwhelming, and above all, never losing sight of the wonder and the very real fear that comes with these experiences.

I wanted to thank you all for the great comments coming so far.

It's not that I am in to self-promotion myself, but this is something I happened to generate with my iPhone, showing a plate frame I cobbled together: :D

plate.jpg

I suppose we ought to start making up custom license plates, T-shirts, coffee cups and such for the show. But will anyone buy?

Suspiciously lacking in bullshite compared to C2C, and never shy about calling a spade a spade. When the new-age opportunists are foolish enough to come on, they get called out in a big way.

Gene Steinberg said:
I suppose we ought to start making up custom license plates, T-shirts, coffee cups and such for the show. But will anyone buy?

Stick 'em on ebay - people will buy ANYTHING on there...:D

I'll shall ponder on a suitable quote while in the bath...:p

Gene Steinberg said:

I have an entire campaign already in my head.

The Paracast presents itself as possibly the more sophisticated of pseudo-sceptical podcasts into 'paranormal events', displaying most of the features of untruthful thinking whilst maintaining their unfounded arguments, beliefs and pet theories despite all long established logical fallacies. Love it or hate, an educational listen is guaranteed each week!

Rob said:
The Paracast presents itself as possibly the more sophisticated of pseudo-sceptical podcasts into 'paranormal events', displaying most of the features of untruthful thinking whilst maintaining their unfounded arguments, beliefs and pet theories despite all long established logical fallacies. Love it or hate, an educational listen is guaranteed each week!

Erm, is that a 'keeper', Gene and Dave? :D

The Paracast rules, C2C drools.

Friends don't let friends listen to C2C.

- Okay seriously

Gene Steinberg and David Biedny have been producing the most compelling and honest podcast, serving as a rational voice in the often irrational world of Paranormal, UFO, and Occult investigation and discussion. Their combined backgrounds and credentials in science and journalism make them a first-rate, credible source.

Here are few you are free to use however you see fit, any or all (with my handle):

"The Paracast has consistently remained both responsibly skeptical and intelligently open-minded. In the realm of paranormal radio, these two traits are as rare as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster."

"Hosts Gene Steinberg and David Biedny adroitly filter out nonsense in a field where nonsense is pervasive."

"The Paracast finally provides listeners with an interest in the paranormal a radio show where topics can be addressed without the necessity of accepting wild claims at face value -- a practice too eagerly embraced by other radio shows."

Here's a few from me:

"The Paracast represents one of the few programs out there that doesn't shy away from asking the hard questions of their guests. In doing so they raise the bar for credible data and evidence, and dispel the nonsense that permeates the UFO subject."

"Steinberg and Biedny deliver a great show time after time. The consistency and quality of the program and the questions asked of guest participants are just what the UFO field has needed for decades."

"Rob is a dick."

~J

David Biedny said:
Gee, Rob, thanks for the snark.

"Untruthful thinking"? Please elaborate.

dB

I'm reffering to logical processes. Truthful thinking equates to correct reasoning, untruthful thinking equates to incorrect reasoning.

jritzmann, darling, so concise.

Hey, did someone say LIMERICKS !!!??

Oh.

Well, anyway...wanna use these...?

[align=center]A host who's full of class,
Gene Steinberg and his Para-cast,
Of things Ufological,
He's sharp and methodical,
(And he kicks George Noory's ass.)[/align]

[align=center]There was a young man called Biedny,
Who’d piss people off who were flak-ee,
“Look, Gene here’s the thing…,”
He'd say before he’d sting,
Then he’d rip them a new one
Post-haste– ee ![/align]

jritzmann said:
"The Paracast represents one of the few programs out there that doesn't shy away from asking the hard questions of their guests. In doing so they raise the bar for credible data and evidence, and dispel the nonsense that permeates the UFO subject."

You punk! I said that! Though I guess you said it a bit neater...

"The Paracast is an oasis in the paranormal desert, proof that skepticism and open-mindedness can coexist in this field. A bastion of intellectual honesty and willingness to explore new ideas."

A diamond in the rough, the paracast refocusses the lense of paranormal discussion away from the campy and towards the serious. Provocative, insightful, entertaining yet savvy, messers Biedny and Stienberg challenge their audience to actually think instead of merely listening.

Back