• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Wassup from Sydney

Greers Meeting Planner

Paranormal Adept
Hi All, glad to have finally joined up.

I have been on the journey of

1. Being interested in the subject of UFO's
2. Getting interested in the cases (Roswell, Rendlesham etc) and the big movements e.g. disclosure. And believing that there must be an extra terrestrial UFO reality and recognition of it would push humanity in the right direction to .....
3. Falling completely off the belief bandwagon and becoming increasingly disillusioned with the whole field (I think I have done a reverse hynek?).

I would class myself as a skeptical optimist. I am expecting every case to be either a hoax, disinformation or miss-identification but im hoping that one day we will get that irrefutable break through.

What's my beef?
Lots of things. But mainly the following:

• Scam artists. These are the cult leaders who are going around saying they have inside informants on UFO's that they cant reveal. These are the people who are saying they are in contact with extra terrestrials (who are speaking english by the way). These are people who are claiming the extra terrestrial space buddies are going to save us or they are briefing presidents about aliens. Funnily enough these people have books to sell, contact courses to sell, DVD's and talks at conferences all to.......sell. They are ruining our field and we should stand up against them.
  • Stories. Stories that this person saw this or stories that this happened at this location. Stories are exactly that and do not constitute proof, even if you defend them and tell them with huge enthusiasm. We need something more than stories. (Please feel free to correct me :)).
  • Lack of critical thinking before drawing a conclusion. Example; 'We didn't have anything in the air force that could fly that fast back in the 50's and if its not ours it must be theirs'. A military system is classified because it represents a strategic advantage - a capability unknown to a potential enemy. If a country had developed a technology in the 50's that still held a military advantage over potential enemies it could remain classified to this day. So for all we know there could be a still classified military vehicle that holds a strategic advantage that we know nothing about. Just because its old does not mean it has to have been declassified. Therefore we cannot say with any complete confidence we know exactly what the military were working on when a sighting was made. Its statements like that which make me let out one of those long sighing type deflation noises and i think were never going to get off first base with ufology.

Hence my joining the paracast. Gene and Chris as far as I know are the only broadcasters out there who will ask the questions that need to be asked and will call BS when they smell it. I also applaud Chris for trying to get an initiative of the ground that tries to get documented evidence with the camera project.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. Look forward to contributing to the forums in the future!

Lack of critical thinking before drawing a conclusion. Example; 'We didn't have anything in the air force that could fly that fast back in the 50's and if its not ours it must be theirs'. A military system is classified because it represents a strategic advantage - a capability unknown to a potential enemy. If a country had developed a technology in the 50's that still held a military advantage over potential enemies it could remain classified to this day. So for all we know there could be a still classified military vehicle that holds a strategic advantage that we know nothing about. Just because its old does not mean it has to have been declassified. Therefore we cannot say with any complete confidence we know exactly what the military were working on when a sighting was made. Its statements like that which make me let out one of those long sighing type deflation noises and i think were never going to get off first base with ufology.

I think this is a great point, but I would like to add that: some systems or plans are potentially so horrific that they would never be officially acknowledged even after a hundred years, and most likely all evidence would be destroyed.

I also believe that secrets can be kept secret, a recent example I saw was that president F.D. Roosevelt managed to hide the fact that he was unable to walk without "leg braces" and that the media cooperated. His secret was only revealed after it was no longer necessary to keep it. What I am trying to get at is that maybe some things are still secret for good reason.

P.S welcome to the forum :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. As an open-minded person who's never had any high-strange personal encounters, it's always nice to see more non-believers. Debunkers and anti-believers are just as disruptive as the loonies and con-men. I say that there's no possible way for me with my paltry slice of subjective humanoid experience can say that there is no substance to the subject. hope you contribute a lot:p

Hi buddy , and welcome

Not been on long myself

I can relate to your post. Must be ET first time round, then losing interest completely and finding myself in the wilderness.

The paracast has renewed my interest in the subject - got a bit of reading up to do also I think!!

Welcome to the forum and please join any thread that interests you and please post links and videos etc you think we may enjoy.

I know it sounds cheesy but the forum IS only as good as the members make it. We are always happy to get new blood with new ideas and perspectives. Any issues, don't hesitate to shout me or another moderator.

I listened to the show for years and years without ever visiting the forum, I was prejudiced against online forums for absolutely no good reason! I'm so glad I swallowed my pride and got involved and showed myself what an idiot I'd been judging something without giving it a chance.
Like others, I have learned so much here and had lots of fun (and drama!) and the quality of members is amazing, it's not all about the deep thinkers though, it's a place you know you can come and talk about the things we find interesting, knowing others here share our interests.

Back