• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Walter Starcke: What am I missing?

I really liked the show, and fully enjoyed listening to Walter. Yeah, most of what he said has been said before, but I still found it thoroughly intriguing.

The only .....well, not problem exactly, maybe question I have is one I think David posed to him that he didn't really answer.......If we direct our own lives and can manifest whatever we want, then why are there starving, sick, poverty-stricken people in the world?
Wouldn't they be wishing for a good meal? A decent home?
What didn't I understand about this?

BTW Gene and David, excellent show, and I hope you have more like this one!!!

I thought this was a great show. He wasn't saying anything new, at least if you have studied metaphysics, but he never said it was new ideas.

One thing, David, at the end you mentioned "Christian Science", but he was talking about "Religious Science" also known as "Science of Mind". This was started by Ernest Holmes in the 1920's. A lot of the "new thought" spiritual centers are Religious Science based. Some of the contributors would include Ralph Waldo Emerson, Louise Hay, and Michael Beckwith.

My wife and I are actually members of a Religious Science center. I don't care for Holmes writings myself, as they are too religious and Christian based.

Some of the ideas he talked about I have mentioned in some of my posts, though I hadn't heard of Mr. Starcke before.

DRM. I don't think I should listen to the show, so I'm reading the posts, but would you or could you give me a brief adumbration "Religious Science"? Not for debating about, but for my own curiosity. Thanks:)

DRM. I don't think I should listen to the show, so I'm reading the posts, but would you or could you give me a brief adumbration "Religious Science"? Not for debating about, but for my own curiosity. Thanks:)

I'm the wrong person to ask, since I don't study any of the teachings... not one little bit. We have the Science of Mind book here at home, and I've read a page or two and didn't care for it at all, so I refused to read any of it.

My wife was into it for a while, but not any more.

But as David pointed out, there are many places to learn about it. It's been around for a long time.

Wikipedia: Religious Science

The particular place we go (my wife goes more than I, but I was playing in the band for a while) has actually distanced themselves from the Religious Science organization. The main message is more or less that you have a certain amount of control over things in your life, based on your intent and positive thoughts.

I have issues with a lot of the teachings, but it is nice to see people into metaphysics as a whole. In general I dislike organized movements of this kind. They seem too much like religions.

I sometimes go because there are nice open minded people there, a positive message, and free food. :)

But one person to check out who is very good is Michael Beckwith. He's pretty well known after the Secret came out. He started out as a Science of Mind practitioner. He still uses some of the jargon, but in a generic kind of way.

So to summarize... the Universe is everything. You are part of the Universe. Your thoughts help define the Universe.

Will that stuff help some staving person in Africa? Probably not he way you would think, but maybe on a day-to-day basis. As an example, I'm in the process of getting my driver's license restored after not having it for a few years. I paid a bunch of tickets, and now had to go and pay the restoration fee. So I had to wait until next week.

We went to a picnic hosted by the center we go to.... it was the first time I was there in over a year. Someone asked me if I wanted to sit in on bass (there was a singer/guitarist performing), so I said sure... they had a bass there.

At the end of the day the singer came up and handed me $100, which was from a hat people were putting money into. I had no idea money was involved, I was plying for the fun of it, and there was my restoration fee.

Plus I got to eat and drink all day. More free food! :) In the beginning I didn't want to go... Sunday is my day to go to my workshop and build guitars. But it turned out great.

This kind of stuff happens to me all the time.

I've done a number of these "self improvement" metaphysical courses over the years.

Many years ago, when I had just graduated High School, I took a course called Silva Mind Control. It's now known as the Silva Method. It was a lot of the same teachings... and some of the interesting stuff they taught was how Edgar Cayce diagnosed medical conditions, and it was sort of like remote viewing. You sat facing a person that had an index card in thair hand with a person's name on it, and their condition.

You would close your eyes and do a sort of self-hypnosis/meditation thing they called "going into level". Then you would visualize a person's body and zero into a part of the body and keep going smaller and smaller until you found the problem.

I got every single one right.. and some of it was quite spooky! Like I saw a beating heart, beating very steady and strong, and in the middle was a small pink plastic looking square. I found that puzzling, and said the person's heart is beating perfectly. Turns out they had a pace maker!

There was a lot of other things... like I had the choice of taking the money from a graduation gift from my brother, and either take the course, or get a new pickup for my Rickenbacker bass. My brother said "if you take the course, the money will come to you". Ummmmm OK... so I took the course. A week later my aunt, who I hadn't talked to in years, sent me $100 out of nowhere... then I bought the pickup.

Another more recent course was the controversial Landmark Forum. My wife always wanted to take it, so she paid for it. I had never heard of it, but then I realized it was started by Werner Erhard, who did EST, and that had some connection to Silva. We all know about EST... It was actually fairly interesting, but got annoying when they kept wanting you to sign up for advanced courses. But it was more about not looking to the future for things.. like "if only I had this, I could do this, and then finally be this"

The reason I mention these other things, is they are all sort of based on the same ideas, and it was something I experienced first hand. In Silva, they said since thoughts are energy, and energy can not be destroyed, they get projected forward into time. The more you concentrate on the thoughts, the closer to your time frame they get projected, until you have a manifestation of that reality.

It goes back to the proper way to pray. You don't ask for things, or wish you had something someday. You tell yourself you have it now. You hear stories about yogis that could just materialize things out of thin air. You want an ice cream cone.... *poof*... no problem!

From my own experience, there certainly seems to be something to it, but it's all up to you. Like with other things such as meditation, the more you put into it, the more you get in return.

"...and the children of the world, united everywhere - at the summit of global peace. Muslim danced with Jew, Blacks danced with Whites, Gays danced with Straights - the rapists, murderers and peadophiles repented and followed the good road - wars evaporated, disease and famine was eradicated. Humanity picked the flowers in the meadows and skipped along and lived happily ever after.

The End"

A nice narrator, but extremely naive, contradictory and unconvincing - I would follow this up with another fairy tale - "the emperors new clothes" by Hans Christian Andersen to give a child some balance in there thinking.

Cool show. Thanks. This fellow really reminds me of my late great-uncle Eugene. Eugene was a very spiritually centered person, attend church every day, twice! Although he was devoutly Christian, he never pushed his strong beliefs on anyone. He was an excellent painter, yet at the same time he used to drink cheap whiskey (didn't like the expensive stuff) and swear up and down like a truck driver. Basically an amazing guy.

We are all the writer's of our own lives' books. No doubt about that. We're all eternal entities with our own compasses and universal manufacturing plants. I love the way Starcke frames this concept. He doesn't let people get away with pretending this isn't the case.

TTP, another gem. "Trust The Process" How many times do we find ourselves getting frustrated because things aren't - seemingly - "turning out right" for us at that moment, only to find out that the myriad frustrations actually helped us to a better conclusion at a later point? How cool is it when that happens? I love that shit! Life is like Maui; it's a rascal!

And these are great times to be alive. I'm in my mid-40s, and I too remember sitting up late watching the Apollo landings and thinking, "Wow, this is a big thing. This world is really changing, and I'm here to see it. I am blessed beyond belief." David, I know exactly what you mean, brother! I know it! What a world this is, and what a world it's developing into, exciting, risky, scary, fun... in what other times would you rather live? This is it, kids. We're living it.

Well, I'm really glad that many of you enjoyed this episode, and for those who didn't, I can understand your feelings. There's a serious illness in my immediate family, and I personally found Walter to be a breath of fresh air amongst all the frustration that I've been feeling lately, so you'll forgive us if you took any offense to his words, or found him to be less compelling than what you like to hear on this show. It all balances out in the end, with any luck.

dB

What I found most fascinating about this show is possibility...
The possibility to educate, feed, cloth, and care for everyone on this planet is available to us today. It is a choice. If everyone would lay down the fears that divide us all we would have it. The fears are sold to us everyday on the new and other media outlets. The fear of each other is only the fear of ourselves.

I do not agree with everything Mr. Starcke has to say, but his overall message was positive. Good show.

Lynne McTaggart's book, The Field, may very well prove we aren't ants. In fact, we may be much more versatile than we ever thought. At least she points to dedicated researchers who seem to have found hidden human potential.

My favorite researcher she tackled was Fritz Albert Popp. a celebrated theoretical biophysicist of reknown at the University of Marburg in Germany, thought he had discovered a cure for cancer in 1970. He examined benzo[a]pyrene, a polycyclic hydrocarbon known to be one of the most lethal carcinogens to humans, and had illuminated it with ultra violet light. He played with light a lot and and was fascinated by the effect of electromagnetic radiation on living systems.

But he was curious about what would happen if he excited the deadly compund with UV light. He found it had a crazy optical property. The compound absorbed the light.

So he tested a similar hydrocarbon compound, benzo[e]pyrene, which is altered from the original by a tiny molecular bit of data. The UV light passed right through the this compound.

After experimenting on many compounds he began to predict what compounds could cause cancer. In every instance the carcinogenic compounds not only absorbed the light, their electromagnetic frequencies were forever changed.

Eventually he began to understand that photo repair, a human biological reaction to cellular damage due to solar abuses on the human body, worked best at 380 nanometers, a low wavelength of UV light treatment - - which just happened to be the degree to which carcinogenic compounds were scrambled by UV light.

The natural leap was that if carcinogens only react to wavelength, it must somehow be linked to photo repair. There must be some light in the body responsible for photo repair!

With the help of an experimental physicist, he set to work designing and gathering equipment that would show there was NO light emanating in the body. He finally had what resembled an X ray detector (EMI 9558QA) which employed a photomultiplier which detected light photon by photon. It is still considered one of the best pieces of equipment in the field today in measuring weak emissions.

In short, what he found was that DNA must store light. Popp began to detect light in more and more living systems at varying intensities. Photon emissions seemed to follow biological rhythms in healthy individuals. In studying cancer patients he found that patients had lost their natural periodic rhythms of photon emission while just the opposite occurred in patients with MS. There was too much order.

Popp also examined the effects of stress. In a stressed state, the rate of biophoton emissions went up -- a defense mechanism to try to return the patient to equilibrium. Seems we are dependent on properties of light and in fact use light without knowledge of having done so. Quantum coherence within our physical processes is a requirement to health.

Most of the above is heavily paraphrased from The Field. The reason I bring it up is because her book points to what Walter Starcke seemed to be saying in his interview. How we choose to view the world may have everything with how we react to it, even at depths to which we are unaware.

Coherence of thought, just as in quantum wave principal, may be the answer out of our worst difficulties should we direct our consciousness in a meaningful way, one that does require our opening our heads to potential rather than our personal (and decidedly subjective) perception.

Starcke suggested that we find equilibrium in our thought processes and in that we'll find coherence. Conversely, if we are able to establish coherence, we'll produce equilibrium in thought. It seems either one of those suggestions is the answer to the extremes humans suffer upon themselves.

The scary part of all it is that in coherence, we may lose our individuality. We all want to remain independent of a herd which is why some people, even me at times, find all this too New Age to bear. Starcke seems to have retained his individualism, however, and the answer to retaining individualism is our own unique creative natures.

If the science points to our potential, I'm a lot more comfortable with the good news. I don't choose to see any of what Starcke said as religion because science has entered the picture with a wham. Just takes digging out the reseachers who are making progress.

An aside, there is a machine based on Popp's principal that sits at M.D. Anderson Cancer Institute in Houston, Texas just waiting for approval for testing by the FDA. It's been there for several years and it appears the machine will languish there until the economics of conventional cancer treatment are diminished.

Diggin this episode, reminds me of why I was a religion major in college, these are the types of issues I'm constantly struggling with and I think that may actually be the larger benefit - the process of continually growing and thinking about the larger issues.

I've only heard the first quarter, but IMO based on his life experiences and study of religions his opinion is informed and valuable.

I found it interesting his statement that the weakness in some of the mystic traditions is the lack of importance on our humanity. I do agree that we are in the form we are in for some reason, it's not arbitrary, so I somewhat agree, but I also recognize the larger reality is probably outside the human experience.

Gene and David, great stuff. I am surprised at the shift in gears and I thought it was very enlightening. As DRM pointed out, if you're into this kind of stuff (metaphysical/new age...whatever you want to call it) then you've probably heard most of it before, but I think his sage words were absolutely worth hearing whether you know of the concepts or not.

In particular, I appreciated the way he defined the ego and egotism,

"...if we didn't have egos we'd never do anything. But, egotism is a misuse, or misunderstanding, of the ego. It's believing that one is something they are not. Ego is a recognition of 'I am that I am.'"

He has a very digestible way of presenting the information - similar to Eckhart Tolle, but maybe easier to grasp.

David, you mentioned that there was a specific order that one should read Starcke's books in - would you mind divulging which books they were and in what order?

Thanks,
Jimbo

I found it interesting that Walter drew a distinction between himself and the Secret, because much of what he teaches is virtually the same.

The modern New Age movement has its roots in 19th century mysticism, and theosophy, and the power of positive thinking, Gnosticism, and many other threads. I find it interesting that these various sources have combined for a Theory of Everything, just as the sciences searches for their Theory of Everything.

All the roots of these ideas have been around seemingly forever, but it's dissemination to the public appears to my eyes to have really accellerated after the events of 9-11. In retrospect, I see that we've had a real paradigm shift in thinking for a great many people.

Walter Starcke, on the other hand, has actually lived through most of the 20th century, and was there to see these ideas coalesque and come to fruition.

Note: While this in not a criticism, I was surprised that Mr. Starcke knew nothing about Tesla. Their lives chronologically overlap. He says that Einstein is the saint of the 20th century, and I have no problem with that, but I also think it's worth noting that that 20th century saint title could also be applied to Tesla.

I enjoyed listening to Mr. Starcke. I can relate to much of his thinking. He reminds me a bit of Robert Anton Wilson.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quite a different and refreshing show!:)

And I had to do a double-soul when I heard and saw on his site the saying: 'It's All God'

Cuz for a year or more now, I've been saying that exact saying to loved ones...(and meaning it in the same type of way he explains it).

My saying:

It's All Good 'Cuz It's All God.

Thanks for a great interview!

I was really looking forward to this show and I just wanted to say I wasn't disappointed.
I was very happy to hear what Walter had to say, cant say I agreed with everything
but then I wasn't really expecting to.

The stuff about nations not going to war anymore seems highly unlikely to me and though I know very little about President Obama I dont believe for one instant that he will be any different to any of his predecessors. Hope I'm wrong.

I haven't read The Secret, but I do agree that for anybody living in poverty a book like that would be very hard to swallow. I believe we make our own luck to some degree but all the positive thinking in the world won't fill your belly or bring back a loved one.
The most powerful single word in that whole interview for me was Intent.
I try to keep an eye on my own at all times as I believe it to be all important. We all know right from wrong in this life and if we could all keep that in check then this world might start to improve for everyone.

After all that nonsense the strange thing is that right at this moment I am very down.
I know from bitter experience that it will pass and I was kinda hoping Walter's words might go some way in helping. Today though I would rather my lesson came from Smith and Wesson to be honest.
No offence Walter I have a lot of growing up to do.

Lifes a bitch ain't it.

Mark

Well, I'm really glad that many of you enjoyed this episode, and for those who didn't, I can understand your feelings. There's a serious illness in my immediate family, and I personally found Walter to be a breath of fresh air amongst all the frustration that I've been feeling lately, so you'll forgive us if you took any offense to his words, or found him to be less compelling than what you like to hear on this show. It all balances out in the end, with any luck.

dB

Don't apologize because someone else had a difference of opinion. It's your show.

I love 90% of what the Paracast does, that hella beats anywhere else. The skeptical eye and commons sense/no bullshit approach is unmatched, thanks again for doing it.

My thanks for Your interview with Walter Starcke. Guests such as Walter and Bernard Haisch present glimpses of aspirational lives lived and inspirational ideas that are a welcome compliment to your ufo shows.

dB

Same here, David.

I am a caregiver to a loved one who's suffering from a terminal condition and many of the things Walter said were also a breath of fresh air and a comfort to me.

Thank you for giving at least some of us listeners that potentiality as well!

I'm the wrong person to ask, since I don't study any of the teachings... not one little bit. We have the Science of Mind book here at home, and I've read a page or two and didn't care for it at all, so I refused to read any of it.

My wife was into it for a while, but not any more.

But as David pointed out, there are many places to learn about it. It's been around for a long time.

Wikipedia: Religious Science

The particular place we go (my wife goes more than I, but I was playing in the band for a while) has actually distanced themselves from the Religious Science organization. The main message is more or less that you have a certain amount of control over things in your life, based on your intent and positive thoughts.

I have issues with a lot of the teachings, but it is nice to see people into metaphysics as a whole. In general I dislike organized movements of this kind. They seem too much like religions.

I sometimes go because there are nice open minded people there, a positive message, and free food. :)

But one person to check out who is very good is Michael Beckwith. He's pretty well known after the Secret came out. He started out as a Science of Mind practitioner. He still uses some of the jargon, but in a generic kind of way.

So to summarize... the Universe is everything. You are part of the Universe. Your thoughts help define the Universe.

Will that stuff help some staving person in Africa? Probably not he way you would think, but maybe on a day-to-day basis. As an example, I'm in the process of getting my driver's license restored after not having it for a few years. I paid a bunch of tickets, and now had to go and pay the restoration fee. So I had to wait until next week.

We went to a picnic hosted by the center we go to.... it was the first time I was there in over a year. Someone asked me if I wanted to sit in on bass (there was a singer/guitarist performing), so I said sure... they had a bass there.

At the end of the day the singer came up and handed me $100, which was from a hat people were putting money into. I had no idea money was involved, I was plying for the fun of it, and there was my restoration fee.

Plus I got to eat and drink all day. More free food! :) In the beginning I didn't want to go... Sunday is my day to go to my workshop and build guitars. But it turned out great.

This kind of stuff happens to me all the time.

I've done a number of these "self improvement" metaphysical courses over the years.

Many years ago, when I had just graduated High School, I took a course called Silva Mind Control. It's now known as the Silva Method. It was a lot of the same teachings... and some of the interesting stuff they taught was how Edgar Cayce diagnosed medical conditions, and it was sort of like remote viewing. You sat facing a person that had an index card in thair hand with a person's name on it, and their condition.

You would close your eyes and do a sort of self-hypnosis/meditation thing they called "going into level". Then you would visualize a person's body and zero into a part of the body and keep going smaller and smaller until you found the problem.

I got every single one right.. and some of it was quite spooky! Like I saw a beating heart, beating very steady and strong, and in the middle was a small pink plastic looking square. I found that puzzling, and said the person's heart is beating perfectly. Turns out they had a pace maker!

There was a lot of other things... like I had the choice of taking the money from a graduation gift from my brother, and either take the course, or get a new pickup for my Rickenbacker bass. My brother said "if you take the course, the money will come to you". Ummmmm OK... so I took the course. A week later my aunt, who I hadn't talked to in years, sent me $100 out of nowhere... then I bought the pickup.

Another more recent course was the controversial Landmark Forum. My wife always wanted to take it, so she paid for it. I had never heard of it, but then I realized it was started by Werner Erhard, who did EST, and that had some connection to Silva. We all know about EST... It was actually fairly interesting, but got annoying when they kept wanting you to sign up for advanced courses. But it was more about not looking to the future for things.. like "if only I had this, I could do this, and then finally be this"

The reason I mention these other things, is they are all sort of based on the same ideas, and it was something I experienced first hand. In Silva, they said since thoughts are energy, and energy can not be destroyed, they get projected forward into time. The more you concentrate on the thoughts, the closer to your time frame they get projected, until you have a manifestation of that reality.

It goes back to the proper way to pray. You don't ask for things, or wish you had something someday. You tell yourself you have it now. You hear stories about yogis that could just materialize things out of thin air. You want an ice cream cone.... *poof*... no problem!

From my own experience, there certainly seems to be something to it, but it's all up to you. Like with other things such as meditation, the more you put into it, the more you get in return.

Thanks DavidRavenMoon, I appreciate you taking time to respond:)

Back