• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

US Launches Mystery Space Plane

Free episodes:

The private group says it is "dedicated to maintaining the secure and sustainable use of space for the benefit of Earth and all its peoples."

Oh really? I wonder how. Is the USAF watching too many sci-fi movies?

Oh really? I wonder how. Is the USAF watching too many sci-fi movies?

Well it might be maintaining security for all the wonderful peoples of spaceship earth by carrying thermonuclear weapons to dispose of the not so wonderful peoples of spaceship earth, or... shoot down their satellites. At least that's the speculation among alarmists. I think it's up there to take beautiful pictures of our lovely planet.

Well it might be maintaining security for all the wonderful peoples of spaceship earth by carrying thermonuclear weapons to dispose of the not so wonderful peoples of spaceship earth, or... shoot down their satellites. At least that's the speculation among alarmists. I think it's up there to take beautiful pictures of our lovely planet.

Anything is possible.

btw I love your sig line. So true.

From the CNN.com article:

Military officials have said some of the things they hope will come from the X-37B. "The OTV has the potential to revolutionize how the Air Force operates in space by making space operations more aircraft like," said David Hamilton Jr., the Air Force Rapid Capabilities office director.
I don't know how this could be called weaponization of space. Fundamentally, it's an updated version of the space shuttle.

The OTV "will provide a flexible space test platform to conduct various experiments and allow satellite sensors, subsystems, components and associated technology to be efficiently transported to and from the space environment where it will need to function," the Air Force said in a news release.

The OTV is the first vehicle since NASA's shuttle orbiter that has the ability to return experiments to Earth for further inspection and analysis, the Air force said.

It "will be used to test technologies including advanced guidance, navigation and control, thermal protection systems, avionics and high temperature structures and seals," the news release said.

"The X-37B is an important step in the effort to make space access more routine, affordable, and responsive," said Hamilton in the news release. "The technologies and concepts of employment that are proven by the Orbital Test Vehicle will be folded into development programs that will provide capabilities for our warfighters in the future."

Gosh, sounds like they hope it will test out for all the things necessary to carry weapons.... I wonder if it can dock with the space station....

Oh I very much doubt we are going to wake up about our borders under Obamunism. At least not until there's a mosque on every corner.

Well don't worry before you know it the Tea Party (ie the GOP) will take over, and you'll have President Palin and possibly VP Glenn Beck to save you. You lucky people you ... :cool:. There is not the remotest possibilty that Muslims are going to take over the US either ... there are too many Jewish people in the Supreme Court for that :rolleyes: ...

Well don't worry before you know it the Tea Party (ie the GOP) will take over, and you'll have President Palin and possibly VP Glenn Beck to save you. You lucky people you ... :cool:. There is not the remotest possibilty that Muslims are going to take over the US either ... there are too many Jewish people in the Supreme Court for that :rolleyes: ...

Well sir, you have well established your Leftist credentials on this forum, as well as your rampant anti-semitic hatred. I think I have heard just about enough from you. [click]

Sure it's up there, and you can see it for yourself.
I've seen it once.

Go to:
www.heavens-above.com

This site tracks most satellites and can tell you the date and time of the fly over so you can go outside to see it.

The X-37B is listed on there.

Have fun! I sure do following satellites and such.

Interview them and ask them what the 'Tea Party' was about..although I guess there were flyers with a '1 2 3 '- press program

Look at the following statements and discuss:

In a recent meeting with reporters, a top Air Force official rejected those types of suggestions. "I don't know how this could be called weaponization of space," said Gary Payton, deputy undersecretary for space programs. "Fundamentally, it's an updated version of the space shuttle."

Vs:

"The X-37B is an important step in the effort to make space access more routine, affordable, and responsive," said Hamilton in the news release. "The technologies and concepts of employment that are proven by the Orbital Test Vehicle will be folded into development programs that will provide capabilities for our warfighters in the future."

Hmmmmm..... "not for the weaponisation of space", "folded into developement programs the will provide capabilities for our warfighters in the future." ..... see where the confusion lies....

Look at the following statements and discuss:

In a recent meeting with reporters, a top Air Force official rejected those types of suggestions. "I don't know how this could be called weaponization of space," said Gary Payton, deputy undersecretary for space programs. "Fundamentally, it's an updated version of the space shuttle."

Vs:

Hmmmmm..... "not for the weaponisation of space", "folded into developement programs the will provide capabilities for our warfighters in the future." ..... see where the confusion lies....

Uhhhh yeah.... Well, it can provide capabilities for warfighters without actually carrying weapons, such as surveillance and and targeting, but then we already have a plethora of satellites for that, but perhaps this vehicle is an improvement over them in some respects. Re-tasking a satellite is a rather big deal, and the X37 B could perhaps change it's orbital path far more readily in order to get over whatever target was desired.

I don't know, they don't tell us enough about it, and at the end of the day they can use it for whatever they want.

Uhhhh yeah.... Well, it can provide capabilities for warfighters without actually carrying weapons, such as surveillance and and targeting, but then we already have a plethora of satellites for that, but perhaps this vehicle is an improvement over them in some respects. Re-tasking a satellite is a rather big deal, and the X37 B could perhaps change it's orbital path far more readily in order to get over whatever target was desired.

I don't know, they don't tell us enough about it, and at the end of the day they can use it for whatever they want.

... it would be nice to think that the DoD would use it for something interesting and useful rather than task it to pin point munitions, eavesdrop on people etc etc - but YOU have paid for it from your taxes. Don't you think you should have a say in how it is used?

Back