• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Underwater ruins

Free episodes:

Artyom

Paranormal Maven
Hi,
after watching Graham Hancock documentary 'The Quest for the Lost Civilization' I've been wondering is there any update on the research of ruins on India, Japan and Cuba offshore? All I could find is this http://www.morien-institute.org/, the site with 90s design and very few information.

I wish I could remember the names of those sites and I would look them up. I know the one in Japan was off an island called Yonaguni (which you can look up on wikipedia).

There were also the Bosnian "pyramids", and like Yonaguni I think that research went nowhere.
I remember the one off Cuba but haven't heard anything in years.
The site off India actually turned out to be a submerged settlement if memory serves correctly.

I wish I could remember the names of those sites and I would look them up. I know the one in Japan was off an island called Yonaguni (which you can look up on wikipedia).

Thanks, I've read about Yonaguni on Wikipedia as I do remember the name of that place as well. And I'm a bit suspicious about Robert Schoch conclusions about if those underwater structures were made by human or it's the result of nature forces. He said that he didn't have time for a complete research but as far as he researched he believes that:

In fairness to Dr. Kimura's position, I must point out that he believes that at least some of the surface features that I here interpret as the result of natural weathering and erosion are either man-made or were modified by humans. However, I could not find any surface evidence (such as tool marks on the rock surfaces or carved blocks that had been moved into place) that, in my opinion, would substantiate his contention of artificiality. Of course, I have had only a very short time to search for such evidence, and just because I did not find it does not mean it does not exist. However, at this time based on my own findings and analysis, I cannot agree with Dr. Kimura's conclusion that the Yonaguni Monument is primarily a man-made structure. My current working hypothesis is that the Yonaguni Monument is primarily of natural origin; that is, it's overall structure is the result of natural geological and geomorphological processes.'

Well, for me the problem is that we always search for patterns which are similar to our technology and our way of building structures and if something was made using completely different principle we wouldn't be able to recognize it as human/creature made thing. And the last thing about Yonaguni is I remember Schoch thoughts he expressed on 'Quest for the Lost Civilization' by G.Hancock and on that documentary he thought that it was made by human so I wonder what has changed his mind since that time?

I was wondering if someone heard/saw something about on Discovery/History channel or some other TV channel or program.
There were also the Bosnian "pyramids", and like Yonaguni I think that research went nowhere.

What a sad statement if it's actually reflects the current condition of the research.

I remember the one off Cuba but haven't heard anything in years.

I hope I'll be able to find some info about it.

The site off India actually turned out to be a submerged settlement if memory serves correctly.

As far I remember the bunch of artifacts they could lifted up and dated using radio-carbon dating turned out to be belonged to 7,500 BC.

PS. Here is the link to Robert Schoch website - http://www.robertschoch.net/

There is also a very ancient pyramidal structure in Trinity, Texas. I couldn't find anything about it on the web, but there is an old book about it and I've seen photos from a secondary source. I believe it predates the South American pyramids by over a 1000 years. There is evidence of a "hummingbird" cult...including stone slabs with flowers carved in them with "blood-bowls" as the center of the flower.

I saw the story on the bosnian pyramid , It was a small mountain shaped like a pyramid but covered in soil and plant life , there was some evidence of block work but the fotos left much to the imagination. No work could be done in that area because of the war activities.

There is also a very ancient pyramidal structure in Trinity, Texas. I couldn't find anything about it on the web, but there is an old book about it and I've seen photos from a secondary source. I believe it predates the South American pyramids by over a 1000 years. There is evidence of a "hummingbird" cult...including stone slabs with flowers carved in them with "blood-bowls" as the center of the flower.

was is stone, or earthenworks? (the pyramid)

was is stone, or earthenworks? (the pyramid)

It seems like it was stone slabs...I wish I could remember the name of the little book I saw it in. It seems like it was published in the 50's by a Colonel something-or-another. It was in the library's reference section in Angleton, Tx. I'll see if I can find anything.

I recall reading a recent study done on the infamous "Bimini Road" ruins near North Bimini Island. The conclusions, made from results of extensive testing of the stones, are that the formations are natural, so no ruins of Atlantis as some thought. :frown:

I recall reading a recent study done on the infamous "Bimini Road" ruins near North Bimini Island. The conclusions, made from results of extensive testing of the stones, are that the formations are natural, so no ruins of Atlantis as some thought. :frown:

I haven't seen anything on this in a long time. Doesn't the Bimini Road lie under part of the Bermuda Triangle?

I haven't seen anything on this in a long time. Doesn't the Bimini Road lie under part of the Bermuda Triangle?

North Bimini, where the formation is found, is about 60 miles East of Miami, so yes it's in that general area, the actual borders of the triangle vary depending on the reference you use, so on some maps it may fall inside or out.

Hi All,

The Bimini Road was predicted to be found by the one they called the "Sleeping Prophet" Mr. Edgar Cayce who entered into trances. He's the one that referred to it as part of the Atlantis network of roads or what not.

I wouldn't say it was Atlantis but for thousands of years the Caribbean had indigenous people. That when the European explorers discovered them they either died from exposure to European germs or were worked to death as slaves. This is before African slaves were brought to the Americas as a labor force.

So the Bimini Road could've been part of a fairly well establish society in the Caribbean. Perhaps like the Maya or Aztec in Central America but in the West Indies. So over the eons earthquakes numerous hurricanes and what not reabsorbed such an infrastructure that was evidenced in the Bimini Road.

Calling it Atlantis is more of a stretch, but it if was something like the Olmec's (preceded the Aztecs) than it could be more likely.

Hi All,

The Bimini Road was predicted to be found by the one they called the "Sleeping Prophet" Mr. Edgar Cayce who entered into trances. He's the one that referred to it as part of the Atlantis network of roads or what not.

I didn't think Cayce predicted that the Bimini Road itself would be found. I thought he just predicted evidence of Atlantis would be found that year, which is quite a different thing entirely.

Thanks for the link, luckily I read Spanish! :)

i remeber an interview i heard with Greg little were he said the biminy road was the ruins of an anceint harbor. thanks for the link to the cuba stuff never heard of it before, just sucks that i cant read spanish. Id be currious to see some info on the pyramid in texas.

Huge undersea 'wall' discovered

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Huge undersea 'wall' discovered

I couldn't get the vid to work:(

Again the 'experts' will probably say that its a natural geological feature of some sort. What I saw of it looked like a wall made up of large stone bricks. Nothing at all natural in my eyes. And I did geology at school many years ago ... so I have a tiny bit of an eye for non-natural rock formations :cool:.

Charles Berlitz's book on ancient monuments talks about these kind of structures. I read it recently and it really jarred something in me. These structures fascinate the heck out of me now. Such a pity that noone is studying them in any depth. Maybe thats because they tend to be under the water considering they're underwater ruins :D ... oh well one day maybe ...

The indian site I think you're referring to is in the Gulf of Khambat:

Marine archaeology in the Gulf of Cambay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gulf of Khambhat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(a more interesting page with some discussion :The Gulf of Khambat debate)

Also there is quite a lot of info on the non- submerged portions of the harappan and pre harappan civilisations (aka Indus Valley Civilisation) most notably Mohenjo Daro:

Main wiki on Indus Valley Civilisation:

Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikis about specific (excavated) sites:

Mehrgarh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rehman Dheri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rakhigarhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kalibangan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dholavira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganeriwala

Lothal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kot Diji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For me the most frustrating aspect of all these sites is the lack of further study into them. The main harappan sites have seen little study since their discoveries in the 19th and early 20th century. Partly this is down to them being a low priority in India and Pakistan versus say defense, partly it’s down to the limited finance in both countries for archeological endeavors.

I have some relatives in the military in that part of the world and have heard that there are some large sites that are actually in areas used for military weapons testing - I shudder to think that some major discoveries might be accidentally blown up due to misplaced priorities. Many major discoveries about humanity’s past may already have been destroyed due to our obsession with warfare.

We have a million and one ways to blow each other up but we know next to nothing about our past beyond a couple of thousand years.

KC

This past year I read a book about Edgar Cayce's readings on atlantis, published by the Edgar Cayce foundation/group. It was an interesting read.

The general feel I got from the book was that Cayce did tons of readings, mostly for medical purposes (including Woodrow Wilson??) and during these readings he would sometimes veer off into past life info and in an even smaller percentage he would talk about Atlantis.

His family was really Christian and didn't believe in a lot of this stuff, so it's really interesting to me that Atlantis was brought up in his readings. FYI - the picture he paints of Atlantis correlates with Dorothy Izatt's regression transcript which also corroborates with something else I read but can't remember right now, shit! But it is interesting this reoccuring theme of Atlantis as a seafaring civilization that was advanced and had powerful crystals and which was eventually destroyed and the people migrated.

Anywho, the most compelling evidence IMO from the book is the 'genetic' evidence, which points towards an unknown bloodline that I think both Egyptians and Mayan's share and which coorobaratoes Cayce's readings of where the people migrated. I believe he described the inhabitants as 'Red People', which sounds kind of like Native Americans.

The archealogical evidence was not that strong I didn't think from the book. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere, but I don't envision any government or academia investing the millions of dollars it would probably take to uncover this type of stuff.

Overall, I believe it is entirey possible a seafaring civiliazation called Atlantis existed, had access to new agey tech, and who's inhabitants eventually migrated to other continenets and had an influence on other advanced civilizations.

Perhaps due to the Aqua-man cartoon, the name 'Atlantis' conquers images of underwater cities for a lot of people, rather than an advanced culture in the middle of the ocean.

Back