• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO's Technology and the Paranormal

Kered

Paranormal Novice
I’d like to open a thread on what could be the relationship between UFO’s, technology and paranormal phenomena.
<o></o>(warning the following thread could be termed philosophically self indulgent but what the heck)
Could it be that in the literal wake of such interstellar/dimensional craft the normal separation of parallel universes become diffused to such extent that unintentional portals become created between worlds, a separation which continues to “adhere” to the human witnesses of such an event?
<o></o>
A well attested aspect of the abduction phenomena is the ethereal dream like state which befalls the soon to be misappropriated human subject, aside from the physical and emotional trauma they are left with, there is also a heightened sense of what can be termed a physic nature.

Electronic voice phenomena is another example of technology appearing to be frame states of existence beyond those comprehended by the five senses.
<o></o>
To the more astute of you it can readily be seen that the sub text to my thread is really the metaphysical aspect of technology, if (advanced) technology such as described can incur the above effects then what does the future hold, and more to the point why is it that our understanding of the world pivots so much on technology, what I mean by this is,the almost instinctive drive to effect change through tools as if this is key to defining our place in the universe.
<o></o>
Ergo; existence may have an indicative subset which we understand as technology that in itself could be a draw to an even greater attractor, one which extra terrestrial beings have already realised and so hold the "higher ground" to there lesser brethren? i.e Their advantage may be purely technological, and excuse the pun but to "Love" may be very alien to them.

I think I understand you but I'm not sure. Can you cite a specific example case that might be explained by your theory?

Hello OuterjOin,my last comment is an attempt for others to look at this phenomena in a different way, perhaps the personal experiances of Whitley Streiber goes some way in showing the interplay of all 3 phenomena or another example specifically with technology can be seen in the aftermath of Cortez arriving upon the indigenious civilisations of south america.

Again the way in which natures reveals itself through the application of technology makes me wonder if there in some mutually inclusive process built into our (human) world which works itself out through such endeavors, sorry if this appears very high brow, please bear with it, I am attempting to describe a possible reason for our existence, one which we can chose to manipulate in a particular manner e.g entertainment rather than a strictured race to technological advancement which accelerates advances such as in the development of the atom bomb and the unnerving truth that totalitarian regimes are often in thrall to technology.
I have also amended my original text due to typo's, which is never a good thing in philosophy...:redface:

Hello OuterjOin,my last comment is an attempt for others to look at this phenomena in a different way, perhaps the experiances of Whitley Streiber goes some way in showing the interplay of all 3 phenomena?
Again the way in which natures reveals itself through the application of technology makes me wonder if there in some mutually inclusive process built into our (human) world which works itself out through such endeavors, sorry if this appears very high brow, please bear with it, I am attempting to describe a possible reason for our existence!
I have also amended my original text due to typo's, which is never a good thing in philosophy...:redface:

Whitley streiber is a fraud in my book Kered, i wont believe a word of what comes out of Whitley streibers mouth ,I had a interest like others in his story.however through study you will soon realise this man is a complete nutter, and sometimes i wonder if he is clinically insane.He has intelligence dont get me wrong, but you have to remember alot of insane people are highly intelligent.Going to other planets in a pick up truck, come off it whitley, we arent fools,and the other stuff he has siad, complete nonsense it makes me angry. there is enough weirdest in this phenomena withount bringing his type of nonsence to the ufo field.

This rant of rage is notting to do with you kered,:)it is whitley streiber who annoys me

I welcome creative speculation. There's no special thread for it here, but maybe there should be. Mac Tonnies recently made a good case for more theoretical UFO study that I heartily support.

The Paracast show and this forum seem more focused on evaluating individual cases or people, but the more I listen, the more this avenue seems like a dead end.

As for your theory, can you expand on the following: "mutually inclusive process built into our (human) world which works itself out through such endeavors".

What is this process?

I would describe the process as exemplified by the normative values we find ourselves "fitted" into, and how that maps our cognitive development thereafter, e.g. red = bad, green = good, the modulation of sounds to cypher our understanding, and so on, in other words, culture.
Regardless of the culture we find ourselves in, a key feature of the "process" is the axial mode of cognition (axial: conscious/unconscious processing):cool: hence the mutual inclusiveness i.e. the agents themselves instinctively frame the external world in the manner that they were instructed too, and yet the greatest examples of lateral thinking where normative values were challenged successfully has been demonstrated through technology, e.g. bicycle mechanics inventing powered flight as opposed to a team of accountants!

If telepathy were possible(I'm just saying if) then the potential differences both technologically and culturally between us and a society that had telepathy all rapped up could be enormous.

Imagine a world where everyone looked at telepathy as a potentially everyday tool and even, perhaps, as an unavoidable part of life.

Imagine genuinely intelligent computers able to transmit and receive telepathic signals. What might such computers be 'in charge' of? Information? Vehicles? People?

Then what about telepathic androids? Huge research ships with no organic life on board? And what kind of law would there have to be to keep the possibilities in check?

I'm all purely speculated out, now! Back to my phsychiatrist.....

If telepathy were possible(I'm just saying if) then the potential differences both technologically and culturally between us and a society that had telepathy all rapped up could be enormous.

Imagine a world where everyone looked at telepathy as a potentially everyday tool and even, perhaps, as an unavoidable part of life.

Imagine genuinely intelligent computers able to transmit and receive telepathic signals. What might such computers be 'in charge' of? Information? Vehicles? People?

Then what about telepathic androids? Huge research ships with no organic life on board? And what kind of law would there have to be to keep the possibilities in check?

Well we kind of do telepathy in a different sense every day. I know it aint real telepathy, but we have thoughts and conversation in our minds withount ever haveing to speak.Maybe the beings or Alien, or whatever, just no how to sent those thoughts out like a radio wave if that makes any sense, who knows.

Derek,

There is a lot going on here in this conversation - Technology, Enterpreneurship, Telepathy?

In this modern world I think we put too much emphasis on ourselves -

Technology: - We often assume (arrogantly) that most of our technology/creative thinking is a function of our human abilities, but in fact is more of borrowing existing functions in nature and applying them. You mentioned the cycling mechanics coming up with the powered flight mechanisms but have not the blueprints for powered flight been stolen from the nature of birds? Has not radar been exploited from the study of bats? Many inventors, even those working with highly mechanical tools and materials, have borrowed from nature. Sometimes this is a deliberate technique, as in turbine inventor Roman Szpur’s observation of the way wind circulates around curved surfaces like feathers or eggshells. At other times, the natural world serves as a place for reflection and daydreaming, as did the bluff-side “dreaming place” where the idea of the telephone came to Bell.
“We are all too much inclined to walk through life with our eyes shut. There are things all around us, and right at our very feet, that we have never seen; because we have never really looked.” - Alexander Graham Bell, Telephone Inventor

So you see, the world is a laboratory in which we must all learn and play and recoup ideas to our practical advantage which we term "technology". Don't for one instance believe that our visitors are unable to love - but don't love yourself too much because you loose sight of the bigger picture.

As for telepathy - if this could be ever achieved we would have peace in our times!! - Just think, you would even get a straight answer from a politician. But, for now we'll have to muddle along with the unreliable body language stuff.

I don't know what's going on here but I should be a cold minded, woody, black and white, no nonsense individual but the more I start thinking about this stuff I become more open minded - "new age"?

well if i tried to explain to someone a hundred years ago that i have conversations with my wife over distance without opening my mouth and speaking, everyday they might call that telepathy.
i can initiate instant communication with her and get instant answers and neither of us speaks a word........msn messenger

my feeling is we create the physical devices first, then we start implanting them in us for greater ease of function, and eventually we tailor the very organic matter to mimic these devices...... bingo telepathy.

the monitor and keyboard are inert, the source of the data is the brain, an implant that takes the interface back to that level would do away with the need for a monitor or kbd, once we can modify our genetic makeup with ease we can replicate the implants function biologically.
(we are making and using simple versions of these devices already, disabled ppl who can actuate devices by "thinking" about it).
imagine being born with a connection to the internets, imagine every set of eyes also functioning as web cams.....

well if i tried to explain to someone a hundred years ago that i have conversations with my wife over distance without opening my mouth and speaking, everyday they might call that telepathy.
i can initiate instant communication with her and get instant answers and neither of us speaks a word........msn messenger

my feeling is we create the physical devices first, then we start implanting them in us for greater ease of function, and eventually we tailor the very organic matter to mimic these devices...... bingo telepathy.

the monitor and keyboard are inert, the source of the data is the brain, an implant that takes the interface back to that level would do away with the need for a monitor or kbd, once we can modify our genetic makeup with ease we can replicate the implants function biologically.
(we are making and using simple versions of these devices already, disabled ppl who can actuate devices by "thinking" about it).
imagine being born with a connection to the internets, imagine every set of eyes also functioning as web cams.....

Maybe the story about the Greys being robotic is true. It would kind of explain why they are telepatic ! hmmm , it is all guess of course.This is just my own response to what you are referring to.Still a robotic entity that is telepathic! another hmmm here to myself. What kind of wireing would be in such a entity or being? . Is the outer skin organic. must stop brain shock again:eek:

Your perception is your reality. Thus, technology is magic. If I were able to take a small remote control airplane back in time 600 years, the focus would be on the flight. The fact that the flight is controlled and powered would be indistinguishable from magic. There is no way for the smartest group of people to grasp that invisible signals were transmitted to and received by the airplane.

Fast forward and bring that technology to 200 years ago. While the concept of flight was not yet solid the fact that this was a machine that had a form of locomotion would have been understood. They would still have been mystified by it, but now different aspects of the phenomenon become understandable.

Basically, I think that as our own technological IQ grows we gain insight into something that we can not fully understand. At the end of the day, we are merely left with our perceptions. Are we more qualified to interpret those perceptions now than 200 or 600 years ago, I think we are. But, just as certain aspects that are clear to the educated 6 year old now would have eluded a collection of the best minds on the planet 600 years ago; I think we can only look at a small fraction of the phenomenon with any degree of understanding.

Back