• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO's Fact or Fiction ?

UFOs are a fact. ET's piloting UFOs is up for debate. I plan on photographing one a little better before I die. Some where on these forums is the pic i took of my sighting.. all you can see is a red squiggly line tho. I should find it cuz i lost the digital file in my archives.

Yeah guys - I have no doubt you think the same way I do in that there is far too much ignorance of what the term 'UFO' actually means.
Do UFOs exist? Of course the bloody well do! That has NEVER been in doubt. Are any of them alien? NOW, that is the question, the only question.

I just cannot stand it when I hear/read people saying 'I don't believe in UFOs'. Oh really? so what do you call something in the sky you see before you can identify it? lol

I think its fairly safe to say that UFO's are a genuine phenomenon. Heck, the term UFO guarantees their existence by definition... unless someone can make the case that every observed flying object has been identified. What their true nature is, however, is debatable... I would even doubt that everything legitimately falling under the category of UFO will ultimately be found to belong to the same class of phenomena.

I trust the MoD have sanitized the content. :p

The move seems more like a PR campaign to "reveal" transparency on the issue and not a sincere effort. I mean, you have Rendelsham which is beyond an interpretation of Drakes equation. It's a little too convenient to proclaim now that "If they do exist, we do not know what they are, their purpose or if they pose a threat to the UK." I recall Nick Pope mentioning the absence of case material in a previous release which indicates that there is stuff that is being held back.

Seeing a (UFO?which I find a crap word ) anomaly is better word. I have seen like many hundreds of folks the strange triangle type in 2004 about 3: 40am in WA was magnificent anomaly which cruised through the sky was black on the sides and grey underneath with a light blue glow which said to me it more plausible man made craft. The others have been the Orange circular anomaly which grew in size and all the sounds of nature went quite. It was a warm night and humid the anomaly was very strange indeed. Third craft I witnessed was near a British Airfield which was a joint USA-British Bomber Command bases which had a massive nuclear bunker underneath which most did just like Bent waters.

However this was also a repair facilities for USA-British Planes and operated the as Signals bases stuck in the middle of UK as very young child we lived right next to the bases and only relatives of personnel of this bases were aloud to live in the location at that time. We used to play in fields and watch the USA bombers fly off to the their bases after their maintenance. It also so held ordnance supplies, electronic surveillance etc we found out years later during the Cold War. Do I think their real yes but who makes them or what they are who knows but most plausible majority are man made objects. Cool to think so.

The word UFO is meant to convey the idea of something extraordinary. The evidence for this is overwhelming. From the official USAF definitions all the way to present day Google searches, the vast majority of usage and depictions are of some form of alien craft ( usually a flying saucer ). It was never meant as a simple reference to some vague unidentified thing in the sky. Better dictionaries also include the phrase "flying saucer" as part of the definition. For these reasons USI defines UFOs this way:

UFO or ufo

Pronounciation: yoo-ef-oh ( plural UFOs ) or yoo-foe ( plural ufos ) noun
  1. A craft of alien origin.
  2. The object or phenomenon that is the focus of a UFO report or investigation.
Word Origin: [ Mid-20th century (1952) acronym formed from the words unidentified flying object. ]

View the entire USI article on this topic including the word history and official definitions here.

meetorthon.jpg

"I AM AN OWL. THIS IS A LAMPSHADE. . .SLEEP"

IMHO, the most fascinating aspect about UFOs is that they potentially illustrate the huge technological gap between the best of what humanity can build and the best technology of those who are interested in visiting us ;)

The fact that humanity is left alone while potentially being visited from time to time does raise some interesting questions. Does technology ultimately resolve most of the issues around the survivability of a civilization ? Where does the spiral of power end ? Are we eventually going to end up in territorial conflicts with foreign races ?

What the hell is buzzing out there lol.

IMHO, the most fascinating aspect about UFOs is that they potentially illustrate the huge technological gap between the best of what humanity can build and the best technology of those who are interested in visiting us ;)

The fact that humanity is left alone while potentially being visited from time to time does raise some interesting questions. Does technology ultimately resolve most of the issues around the survivability of a civilization ? Where does the spiral of power end ? Are we eventually going to end up in territorial conflicts with foreign races ?

What the hell is buzzing out there lol.

Not only does there appear to be a gap between our technology and UFOs, there also appears to be a technology gap between various kinds of UFOs. For example there are the nuts and bolts craft that have been seen by pilots and observed on radar, and there are also glowing orbs that don't appear to have any solid core and can separate and merge at will, as though they are composed of pure energy or discrete microscale units that work together in a hive like fashion. Whatever the case, super-intelligent microscale entities ( or craft ) that can travel interstellar distances are probably as far advanced from nuts and bolts UFOs as nuts and bolts UFOs are from terrestrial aircraft.

To my mind there are two standards just like in a court of law

Beyond a shadow of a doubt and reasonable doubt.

I get it that some people prefer to hold to the higher standard , beyond a shadow of a doubt.
But for me the witness reports, gun cam footage and the very fact that govt agencys the world over have files on the phenomena is enough reasonable doubt that they do indeed exist.

There isnt imo any outstanding smoking gun evidence, but to my mind there is enough evidence to satisfy me, that its not imaginary.
That people are seeing what appears to be structured craft exhibiting performance capabilitys well beyond well beyond what we seem to currently posess.

The conclusions and discussions that stem from this are imo the most fascinating topic ever.

From what we do know about the physical universe that we can see, i find it an entirely reasonable hypothesis that some might be visitors from another planet.

Though as ive stated many times i suspect biological intellect is a baby step where sentience might be concerned, and thus the nature of these visitors might be beyond the current scope of our biological reality to truly grasp

I have tried to remember to use UAP (Unknown Aerial Phenomena) in place of UFO because UAP doesn't have the same gut reaction effect as UFO, but relays the same meaning (technically speaking).
As far as fact or fiction.......people see things in the sky they can't positively identify all the time, hence UAP.
ET's, interdimensional travelers, time travelers, sky beasties, earth lights, man made super science crafts, undiscovered CRYPTO-terrestrial crafts, future ghosts, demons, angels, hallucinations, hoaxs, cultural urban-rural legends......take your pick of the explanations.
Just remember theres no proof to put one over the other.

meetorthon[1].jpg

"...well, i was headed to London for the opening ceremonies and i got on one of those damned roundabouts and, well you know......"

thanks to nameless for this one

Back