• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ufo's and Nukes: fair assumptions

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
Robert Hastings mentioned that it was a fair assumption that these aliens wanted to send humans a benevolent message. Specifically that humans should eliminate nukes and that we are playing with fire.

alien.jpg

Seems a bit condescending... and considering the violent and brutal spectacles nature offers us when competing species fight for scarce and essential ressources required for the survival and perpetuation of a race, the following fair assumption would make more sense:

A competing race interested in some aspects of our planet would necessarily want to assess the effectiveness of their technologies against earthly nukes. The day they can no longer interfere with our control systems and we can interfere with their operations might be the day a one to one confrontation with these unknown beings might occur ;)

Hastings has "screwed the pooch" in that rather than sounding an alarm that UNKNOWN OBJECTS of UNKNOWN ORIGIN are interfering with our NUCLEAR WEAPONS for reasons UNKNOWN he presumes to "speculate" on who they are and what they want. Instead of a discussion about how dangerous and unsettling that is, the interview descends into speculation and pet theories about ETs. And "I have a book ..." is a really, really, bad answer to a question from an interviewer IMHO. Are you here to highlight this alarming and disconcerting fact that UNKNOWN OBJECTS of UNKNOWN ORIGIN are interfering with our NUCLEAR WEAPONS for reasons UNKNOWN or are you here to sell us a book about aliens that don't want us to blow ourselves up? I cannot believe they went though all the expense and preparation for this "press release" and didn't think through the implications of offering up a predigested explanation that few are willing to accept with no evidence to support it. It undermines the whole effort IMHO and just makes for another silly UFO-Space-Alien nut story.

Hastings has "screwed the pooch" in that rather than sounding an alarm that UNKNOWN OBJECTS of UNKNOWN ORIGIN are interfering with our NUCLEAR WEAPONS for reasons UNKNOWN he presumes to "speculate" on who they are and what they want. Instead of a discussion about how dangerous and unsettling that is, the interview descends into speculation and pet theories about ETs. And "I have a book ..." is a really, really, bad answer to a question from an interviewer IMHO. Are you here to highlight this alarming and disconcerting fact that UNKNOWN OBJECTS of UNKNOWN ORIGIN are interfering with our NUCLEAR WEAPONS for reasons UNKNOWN or are you here to sell us a book about aliens that don't want us to blow ourselves up? I cannot believe they went though all the expense and preparation for this "press release" and didn't think through the implications of offering up a predigested explanation that few are willing to accept with no evidence to support it. It undermines the whole effort IMHO and just makes for another silly UFO-Space-Alien nut story.

I agree 1000%

I am wondering about two things:

If unusual events a and b, both which can occur by themselves, occur simultaneously. When would you believe that they occur independently simultaneously and when would you believe that they are related.

Secondly if event x is probably not member of the set of events S and c is not a member of S. Further you only have assumptions about the nature of event c. Then you believe that x could be c, rather than anything else in the complement of S, based on your unproven assumptions about c.

What I mean is,

Missiles go off line and you see strange lights in the sky. How possible is it that the Malmstrom incidents etc are just events that happened simultaneously by chance. I am not denying that the lights could have caused the shutdowns, I just wonder if it is probable(not just possible) for simultaneous independent events to occur. There must have been hundred of times when missiles have gone off line and thousand of times when there have been strange lights.

and for the second question, I was a bit disappointed, like trainedobserver, that Salas and Hastings chose to mention their interpretation of the events. It is certainly ok to have your own ideas, in which you believe. But when presented to media and a general public, even though you say it was just your speculations it tends to come across as you saying it is so.
Since we have no idea of how aliens or their spaceships manifest themselves, except our own assumptions. When an event occurs that we cannot explain "with to us" know earthly phenomena, we choose among what it is not, and come up with alien ufos. That might be a bit hard for people to swallow. I think they should have been better off with unknown phenomena.

Missiles go off line and you see strange lights in the sky. How possible is it that the Malmstrom incidents etc are just events that happened simultaneously by chance. I am not denying that the lights could have caused the shutdowns, I just wonder if it is probable(not just possible) for simultaneous independent events to occur. There must have been hundred of times when missiles have gone off line and thousand of times when there have been strange lights.

Not really. According to the information we've been given up til now, the odds of these things going down AT ALL is distantly remote. Obviously it's not impossible that such a thing could happen but given the circumstances it seems like an irrational clutching-at-straws to declare it mere coincidence.

During the question and answer session of the presentation at the National Press Club, Mr Hastings played down his ideas concerning the message that he thinks some ETs are putting forward as merely his opinion.

If I remember rightly, he also admitted that we simply do not know (what any ETs motives are).

During the question and answer session of the presentation at the National Press Club, Mr Hastings played down his ideas concerning the message that he thinks some ETs are putting forward as merely his opinion.

If I remember rightly, he also admitted that we simply do not know (what any ETs motives are).

Spot on and who knows what it/they were but aleast Mr Hasting is not a 'armchair experts' like some here in the forum who never venture outside the computer hub:D Kudos to all the researchers who do the field work and Paracast team.;)

Back