• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Video Santiago Chile

Free episodes:

Roger help me get past chinese lanterns, as an explanation please.

It was filmed in Chile. They would Chilean lanterns.
But seriously. I have never seen Chinese lanterns move through the air personally, but do they maneuver like that in the air? They appear to be approaching the camera, then do some rearranging, and then take off in spaced waves. They appear to be in controlled flight. Is that an illusion caused by the position of the camera and air currents?

I call fake. The camera is too steady. The pan-outs look too orchestrated and the background is too quiet-the cameraman doesn't even gasp. Further the lights at the end all assume the exact same angle and exact same speed.

Had this been filmed in the daytime I might have thought something good of it, but to me it's lights in the sky at night. Too easily faked for me to believe.

I call fake. The camera is too steady. The pan-outs look too orchestrated and the background is too quiet-the cameraman doesn't even gasp. Further the lights at the end all assume the exact same angle and exact same speed.

Had this been filmed in the daytime I might have thought something good of it, but to me it's lights in the sky at night. Too easily faked for me to believe.

...of course... the debunkers have it coming and going - if the camera work is poor, they cry foul and ask why on earth someone can't hold the camera steady - but if it is held steady, suddenly it is too steady! If someone reacts in the background it is overacting - if someone deosn't react it is suddenly "too quiet"... And if it was filmed in daylight I am 100% positive it would be why did no-one else get it?! LOL. The debunkers have a ready answer for everything and they simply do not care if they contradict themselves in explaining it all away. That's just the way they operate... at least they can reast assured that no-one will ever accuse them of being logical, critically minded or analytical...

Now without a provenance on the video and/or independent witnesses, we cannot conclude that it is real - but critically we cannot conclude it is a hoax either. It is what it is - and as it stands alone it is not really evidence of anything (except perhaps the fact that despite the debunkers best efforts, and much to their chargrin, UFOs do seem to persist in being caught on film! LOL).

...of course... the debunkers have it coming and going - if the camera work is poor, they cry foul and ask why on earth someone can't hold the camera steady - but if it is held steady, suddenly it is too steady! If someone reacts in the background it is overacting - if someone deosn't react it is suddenly "too quiet"... And if it was filmed in daylight I am 100% positive it would be why did no-one else get it?! LOL. The debunkers have a ready answer for everything and they simply do not care if they contradict themselves in explaining it all away. That's just the way they operate... at least they can reast assured that no-one will ever accuse them of being logical, critically minded or analytical...

Now without a provenance on the video and/or independent witnesses, we cannot conclude that it is real - but critically we cannot conclude it is a hoax either. It is what it is - and as it stands alone it is not really evidence of anything (except perhaps the fact that despite the debunkers best efforts, and much to their chargrin, UFOs do seem to persist in being caught on film! LOL).

I'm certainly NOT a debunker. I've just seen way too many fakes and lights in the night sky on video do nothing for me. I gave my opinion on what I saw and reasons for that opinion.

I'm certainly NOT a debunker. I've just seen way too many fakes and lights in the night sky on video do nothing for me. I gave my opinion on what I saw and reasons for that opinion.

The fact that it is pretty much impossible to tell what has been faked and what hasn't has reduced all footage like this to nothing much more than a ​ curiosity.The only things that can remedy that are multiple witnesses and multiple filming angles. Even that, as evidenced by the recent Jerusalem UFO hoax, may not be enough.

You need a large contingent of witnesses to observe the event that is being filmed and you need several people in that crowd to film it from various angles. Given the history of the phenomena, that might seem pretty unlikely. However, you have to think, given the proliferation of cameras in cell phones and the apparent increase of UFO activity over metropolitan areas, that the odds of it occurring would be constantly going up.

If aliens wanted to show themselves the best place to do it would be at a large air show where radar, television crews, and eye-witnesses would be recording the proceedings. If they really wanted to display themselves, that would certainly be a prime opportunity to do so.

Interesting. However, I agree that this won't rise above a curiosity until confirming footage surfaces from additional witnesses. If it has been produced, it deserves kudos for its creative approach. However, the whole Chinese Lanterns explanation seems a reach. Perhaps if it were orchestrated, remote controlled lanterns...

Yeah... I don't think it's a fake; it could be, but something about the details when the lights are dimming tells me it's probably legit. Plus, there is a lot of non-dramatic stuff during which time you can't really see anything. Most fakes go for constant melodrama in the video; something that's not the case here.

It's too bad the video is blurry and lo-res; you can't really discern anything other than it's a bunch of bright lights in formation that move in strange ways. Nothing we haven't seen many times before.

Back