• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO over Jerusalem--- Don check this out

Free episodes:

Jari, I think you raise some valid questions with this analysis and I agree with part of it.
I agree with the vertical line being a line of symmetry for some of the features in this screenshot.
I do not agree with the almost-horizontal line as being a true line of symmetry (see attached screenshot).screeshot.jpg

You can see my objections in the circled area for the horizontal symmetry line.
Also, if you look closely, I've circled a couple of areas where symmetry of the vertical line is a bit questionable too.
Sorry for the formatting, I threw this together quickly, but I think you get my points (I think my circles came out black, but you can still see them if you look close, sorry).
Of course, these objections do not show that this video hasn't been doctored or that artificial effects have not been added.
Also, a couple of other points;
If these really are symmetry lines along which shake is being induced, shouldn't the lines remain motionless while the mirrored points expand and contract around them? In other words, shouldn't the mirrored edges increase and decrease distance about the lines to simulate shake?
ie. *.|.* --> *...|...* --> *.......|......* --> *...|...* --> *.|.*
Sorry, crude, but you get the idea.
Even if the almost-horizontal symmetry line is real, why isn't it completely horizontal? Wouldn't the camera shake effect be using a square frame?
Why isn't it there constanly, throughout the video?
If the horizontal symmetry line is not real, then even if the vertical symmetry line is real it is not indicative of camera-shake effect since, then, camera-shake could only be induced horizontally.
This analysis only addresses the 1st video. Are similar objections raised with, for example the 4th video?

More weather cam analysis here
http://www.youtube.com/embed/eUnNXKhRthg
I find the reputation-by-association argument weak, but we'll see. Now that names are out and there are claims of witnesses on the ground, it should resolve much quicker.

RygyWa, this I cannot answer without more info about the camera. On the face of it, I would say no, image stabilization should not cause false symmetry in the video, but I am no expert on this. People with knowledge of image stabilization techniques will have to weigh in.

I haven't read the recent comments in here so am unaware what y'all have been concluding lately. But I recently read at UFOChronicles that none of the filmmakers are known, they all remain anonymous. If that's the case it seems to me this case has got to be thrown out. Sounds like the drone thing all over again.

Bang on !!!

The Stanton Friedman hypothesis covers only a slice of what UFO's could be. The spectrum of possibilities is so wide that he's decided to limit the scope of investigations and definitions so that it matches his experience and capabilities. In his opinion, we have a better chance of catching a nearby civilization spying on us whose technology is relatively close to us and potentially could be decoded. Catching a tiny alien 'nuts and bolts' craft would be priceless and would also demonstrate extreme possibilities and potential directions of our entire human race. He effectively thinks we have done so.

Given the age of this universe, the phenomena could very well have multi-dimensional attributes and if multiverses (Susskind, Hawking, etc..) are a working reality we might even be exposed to relatively ageless entities whose instantiation in our universe would be virtually undecodable lol.
http://fora.tv/2007/01/24/Cosmic_Landscape

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

I know this scary and very real human dimension: Static fundamentalism VS the scientific mindset.

Your graphic example clearly challenges investments in firm absolutist convictions supporting her love of Jesus Christ. Her entire being is being insulted as she could not (and never would be able to ) formulate a valid counter point. The limits of pure faith.

IMHO, if there is grounds for a future civil war in the US... it will be about the separation of Church and State. A powerful evangelical lobby (backed by Sister Regina... and Sarah Palin lol) combined with general voter apathy brings in people like George W. Bush... let the fireworks begin :)
Satun_V.JPG
http://www.godispretend.net/2009/04/guest-post-a-closer-look-at-the-god-warrior/

You're right on the money on both counts.

Thanks for the link. It's funny, I just finished adding a bunch of books on cutting edge physics
and quantum mechanics to my Amazon wish list. Here's some of them:

Amazon.com: The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos (9780307265630): Brian Greene: Books

Amazon.com: The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality (9780618982448): Richard Panek: Books

Amazon.com: Information and the Nature of Reality: From Physics to Metaphysics (9780521762250): Paul Davies, Niels Henrik Gregersen: Books

Amazon.com: Brain, Mind, and the Structure of Reality (9780195340716): Paul L. Nunez: Books

Amazon.com: The Trouble With Physics: The Rise of String Theory, The Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next (9780618918683): Lee Smolin: Books

Amazon.com: The Road to Reality: A Complete Guide to the Laws of the Universe (9780679776314): Roger Penrose: Books

Amazon.com: The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics (9780316016414): Leonard Susskind: Books

Amazon.com: Six Easy Pieces: Essentials of Physics By Its Most Brilliant Teacher (9780465023929): Richard P. Feynman: Books

If you couldn't tell, I'm a uber bookworm LOL

And a tip of the hat to Angelo. I bookmarked Sagan's book, along with Shermer's " Why People Believe Weird Things". Never hurts to look at another viewpoint. You may learn something.

And you're right. The universe has been around for 13 Billion years. BILLION. That's a lot of time for a lot of things to have occurred, for untold number of civilizations to have risen and fallen. Evolution is real, but more
evidence is presenting itself that it happens a lot faster than anyone realized. So how many species have
had a shot running this globe? Because of the materials we build with now, most of our civilization will be
so much dust in a few thousand years. How many times has that happened to other civilizations?

And when you add parallel universes into the mix, it obviously gets beyond complicated. We're going to need
quantum computers to even get a handle on it all.

Classical physics works. Most of our current world is based on it. It's got a solid set of laws. Where people make the major mistake is thinking it's the only set of laws, and that there aren't others. Also, that we even have the instrumentation to perceive their workings. It's the height of arrogance. a little humility goes a long, long way in life.

There are universes upon universes yoctometers away from us right now, and we're totally oblivious to them.
But are they oblivious to us?

So yeah, nuts and bolts is just one possibility of an infinite many.

Man, Sister Regina and Sarah Palin combining forces? (shudders LOL)

We can thank William Kristol for Palin. He's her puppetmaster. She's being groomed to help
continue the move toward a neo feudalist, corporatist society. Not that it's going to work.
She's definitely got that Van Halen "Hot For Teacher" thing going on. But nothing seems to be
happening upstairs. And implicitly & explicitly inciting people to violent acts against people you
don't agree with, and then trying to deny it and cover it up just isn't cool.

But to get back on thread, that Cohen guy was funny. Unless something major happens
development wise with this Jerusalem situation, there's probably other things we could all be spending
our valuable time on. Like Utah, among others.

RygyWA, I posted that link in my previous post. I think you just embedded it properly.
I think your/mine link bring up possible support for validity.
Also, check this for analysis of the UFO's trajectory.
http://templemountresponse.blogspot.com/

It is mentioned there are more still photos of the UFO-object out there, taken by other people.
Things get interesting...

RygyWA, I posted that link in my previous post. I think you just embedded it properly.
I think your/mine link bring up possible support for validity.
Also, check this for analysis of the UFO's trajectory.
http://templemountresponse.blogspot.com/

It is mentioned there are more still photos of the UFO-object out there, taken by other people.
Things get interesting...

Thats a really interesting blog, you guys are doing a great job I cant wait to hear your episode on The Paracast. I should have created this thread in the Paracast section. Oh well its all the same forum.

I have a question, Were did those still photos emerge from? What is the source of them?

This is the first time I have seen them.

Again excellent blog and analysis.

Good work

Thats a really interesting blog, you guys are doing a great job I cant wait to hear your episode on The Paracast. I should have created this thread in the Paracast section. Oh well its all the same forum.

I have a question, Were did those still photos emerge from? What is the source of them?

This is the first time I have seen them.

Again excellent blog and analysis.

Good work

Uh, thanks for the credit, but it's misplaced. I am not the author of that blog nor am I associated with it. Sorry if I implied it.I think many people are doing detailed analysis of this case independently.

You know... slightly off topic... one more interesting thing I've noticed is an apparent shift in spin in 'news' media like Discovery Channel. From their recent postings, their line is now morphing to "UFO sightings definitely exist, what is it that's being seen?..." Can't you just feel the mystery?

Okay, now I'm confused as to how anyone can make any kind of logical decision that this weather web cam provides definitive proof of a UFO???

First of all, you haven't got the original web cam video, and each frame is a freeze frame shot, which could have been doctored up with the usual tools, in another attempt to deceive, before placing it into this slide show and say "This is IT!"

Then there's the issue of the still photo with an orb over the dome, and at close range, which in my opinion is easy to spot as a bogus candidate, and at best looks nothing like nothing more than dust contamination in an area where dust is the norm. Where is the original photograph (with Exif intact) for us to examine, and the name of the person who took it interview??? Nothing mentioned, that I noticed...

Sorry, but still, no cigar! I still don't believe this to be sufficient proof. If anything it's weaker than the videos.

Thanks
Jari

Jari, I don't think anyone is suggesting the weather web cam is definitive proof.
But claiming it's doctored up, come on now... You're claiming somebody hacked into the webcam data-store and inserted doctored pictures?
That is starting to sound like a stretch.
And it's not a question whether the webcam by itself is proof of anything, it's a question whether the webcam photos support the Jerusalem videos.

Hello Softbeard,
I believe you mis-understood what I was saying...the video is series of selective slides that could have been manipulated...nor is not a single point of evidence to determine the authenticity of the sighting, as concluded at the end of the video. The truth of the matter is, that we may never really know for sure, unless some one confesses, or comes forward to answer a lot of questions.

Jari

But, Jari, those hilighted frames are taken from the webcam data-store and are present in the webcam feed. There's a direct link available to the webcam's server.
http://www.02ws.com/station.php. I've seen the 'flash' frame myself.
If you read back a bit in this thread you will see that names of the witnesses have been mentioned.
I think you are jumping to conclusions of hoax too quickly and glossing over the bigger picture.
You still have not addressed concerns with your video analysis concluding a hoax.

Swamp gas, of the Derby Hat variety. ...I don't know, if real, it's certainly peculiar.

---------- Post added 02-13-2011 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-12-2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

Okay, now I'm confused as to how anyone can make any kind of logical decision that this weather web cam provides definitive proof of a UFO???

First of all, you haven't got the original web cam video, and each frame is a freeze frame shot, which could have been doctored up with the usual tools, in another attempt to deceive, before placing it into this slide show and say "This is IT!"

Then there's the issue of the still photo with an orb over the dome, and at close range, which in my opinion is easy to spot as a bogus candidate, and at best looks nothing like nothing more than dust contamination in an area where dust is the norm. Where is the original photograph (with Exif intact) for us to examine, and the name of the person who took it interview??? Nothing mentioned, that I noticed...

Sorry, but still, no cigar! I still don't believe this to be sufficient proof. If anything it's weaker than the videos.

Thanks
Jari

I posted a link to the Jerusalem Weather cam more than a week ago, before this video came along, and I believe what was reported in the previous video is evident from the backlog of footage available on the site. While I agree with you fully on your ultimate conclusion as to the legitimacy of the original videos, I'm unclear as to your logic here. I'm curious if you've had the opportunity to examine the JWC footage? I'd say if not, go one step further and check the site and original footage for yourself, unless you're claiming there's a greater conspiracy here -and if you are, well in that case I'd say we have just witnessed another buffalo run off a cliff. Or have you already done that?

Swamp gas, of the Derby Hat variety. ...I don't know, if real, it's certainly peculiar.

---------- Post added 02-13-2011 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-12-2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

I posted a link to the Jerusalem Weather cam more than a week ago, before this video came along, and I believe what was reported in the previous video is evident from the backlog of footage available on the site. While I agree with you fully on your ultimate conclusion as to the legitimacy of the original videos, I'm unclear as to your logic here. I'm curious if you've had the opportunity to examine the JWC footage? I'd say if not, go one step further and check the site and original footage for yourself, unless you're claiming there's a greater conspiracy here -and if you are, well in that case I'd say we have just witnessed another buffalo run off a cliff. Or have you already done that?

Hello Hotkafka (et al),
I have worked over 50 hours this week on my job that pays the bills...however I was able to finally complete your request (I had been working on it). It's now posted on the Dimension Zone (Unanswered Questions - UFO Over Jerusalem), there are two pages, so be sure to click over to the second page showing a couple of large maps.

Over the week, I was able to make a few phone calls to Israel and it's noted on the pages as to what they were about...as well as the results of my analysis. In fact, new information surfaced that even brings into question the angle at which the Weather Cam is pointing, and where it's located...based on a 38 degree angle and what landmarks were identified in the web cam, it's not possible that the DOME of the ROCK is even in the the field-of-view. But you decide for yourselves. But it is my conclusion that the light identified as the UFO orb, is on the hills on the north side of Jerusalem, and most likely a beacon of some kind...But I'm sure I haven't heard the last of this...and it's been a fun ride.

Jari
Editor - The Dimension Zone

Hello Hotkafka (et al),
I have worked over 50 hours this week on my job that pays the bills...however I was able to finally complete your request (I had been working on it). It's now posted on the Dimension Zone (Unanswered Questions - UFO Over Jerusalem), there are two pages, so be sure to click over to the second page showing a couple of large maps.

Over the week, I was able to make a few phone calls to Israel and it's noted on the pages as to what they were about...as well as the results of my analysis. In fact, new information surfaced that even brings into question the angle at which the Weather Cam is pointing, and where it's located...based on a 38 degree angle and what landmarks were identified in the web cam, it's not possible that the DOME of the ROCK is even in the the field-of-view. But you decide for yourselves. But it is my conclusion that the light identified as the UFO orb, is on the hills on the north side of Jerusalem, and most likely a beacon of some kind...But I'm sure I haven't heard the last of this...and it's been a fun ride.

Jari
Editor - The Dimension Zone

I hear you on the working thing, I have a hard enough time keeping up on the forum, I can't imagine the time it takes to maintain a site like yours. In any case, sincere thanks for your efforts. The link you provided, however, shoots one into ether space -i.e. it's not working.

Hello Hotkafka (et al), I have worked over 50 hours this week on my job that pays the bills...however I was able to finally complete your request (I had been working on it). It's now posted on the Dimension Zone (Unanswered Questions - UFO Over Jerusalem), there are two pages, so be sure to click over to the second page showing a couple of large maps. Over the week, I was able to make a few phone calls to Israel and it's noted on the pages as to what they were about...as well as the results of my analysis. In fact, new information surfaced that even brings into question the angle at which the Weather Cam is pointing, and where it's located...based on a 38 degree angle and what landmarks were identified in the web cam, it's not possible that the DOME of the ROCK is even in the the field-of-view. But you decide for yourselves. But it is my conclusion that the light identified as the UFO orb, is on the hills on the north side of Jerusalem, and most likely a beacon of some kind...But I'm sure I haven't heard the last of this...and it's been a fun ride.

Hi, Jari
Thank you for providing feedback and doing further analysis on this topic. I realize the large amount of time and effort required to do detailed analysis. Time that is not paying the bills.
I looked at the extra analysis you performed at The Dimension Zone, and I have some comments.
Regarding the position of the webcam. From your map and the geographical locations you indicate, I would contend the position of the blinking light is correct (see below).

231.jpg
It is where you would expect the 'UFO object' to be; on the extreme right of the webcam's field of view. This would mean the webcam's field-of view is about 120 deg. overall. Or do you know that the webcam has a 38 deg. field-of-view (76 deg. overall). 76 degrees sounds like a narrow field, but if that's what it is, then I agree, the blinking light cannot be the UFO.
Knowledge of the webcam's field of view becomes important.
Disregarding field-of-view angle questions for a moment, is this proof the light is the UFO ? No, but it is in the right place position-wise.
Regarding your contention that the 'flash' frames seen in the webcam are likely the result of the GROSSBERG NATIONAL & UNIVERSITY STADIUM lights, I find this explanation possible, but unlikely. There are a couple of points.
The hue of the lighting is wrong.
Timing-wise you are asking for a big coincidence for it all to fit this theory.
Unless the lights were shining directly into the camera, which, from your map is not the case, I do not think you would get such an even glare-effect in the picture.

I still find problems with the mirror-symmetry lines in your original argument re the 1st video (see this thread some posts up).

Back