• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Hunters - Renew the Series?

Should UFO Hunters be renewed for a fourth season?

• Yes

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decker, I can see that. ;) I'm just glad Bill is doing the show, it could be much, much worse...Ie. some of the U.K. shit paranormal something or other. It's been my experience with people I'm in contact with who I've suggested they watch UFO hunters and maybe Monster quest etc... They have all been smart enough to seperate shit from stock if you will. Most of us are smart enough to raise a bullshit flag. I often get asked questions regarding what they have seen. I generally respond with facts and sights and documents that I have found here and on other great sights. i also direct them to the UFO watch dog sight for information on who is who.

~A

I don't know what y'all thought of UFOs Over Earth on Discovery Channel but I really liked that show. UFO Hunters, unfortunately, has been a big letdown. But despite that I watch every episode because there isn't a whole lot of alternatives. Kinda' messed up though that something good like UFOs Over Earth lasts only three episodes and something sensationalistic and a little silly like UFO Hunters makes it for three seasons. It seems to me that Bill Birnes is primarily what makes UFO Hunters bad. The guy accepts as definitive proof for alien visitation absolutely anything and everything. I don't know if he really is that gullible or if being an entertainment salesman is his primary goal.

I would like to see the History Channel cancel "UFO Hunters" and replace it with a complete revamp of "UFO Files". its hallmark documentary of many years which IMHO is badly in need of updated material and new shows. Many good interviews with scientists and ufologists far and wide. The show also had a nice way of presenting a disclaimer whenever subject matter drifted into the realm of speculation.

I don't know what y'all thought of UFOs Over Earth on Discovery Channel but I really liked that show.

I would second that. I particularly liked the Stephensville coverage.

Ufo hunters gave the topic more of a profile Good or bad all depends on your opinion.The problem in my opinion with programs like ufo hunters is that the audience is more and likely to be all ready interested in the topic so they watch it, attracting non believers is vital for it to have longer shelf life.Bill will be missed he made me laugh and cringe at the same time with his opinions.

I'll just say this..

There is indeed such a thing as too much exposure...

eliot-spitzer-sad.jpg

dB

Good Day Forumerions,

I think James Fox said it best right here on the Paracast:

David asks:

[pertaining to the media] " . . . have you had a sense that any aspect of what you were talking about was being squelched or misrepresented . . .?"

Fox replies: [laughing] "Well . . . I wasn't terribly pleased with the History Channel's UFO Hunters . . . I guess I wasn't to surprised . . . but um . . . I just thought it was a lot of 'fluff and filler' . . . quick rapid edits . . . lots of fast camera movements, blurry shots and very little substance, and you'll see the soundbites from people . . . I mean Jesus . . . I said a lot of really neat things . . . I really laid out how I felt . . . 10 years of my research on the Phoenix Lights and they didn't put a clue to any of it!"

[Important to note that James also "worked as a producer" for that episode!]

For miscellaneous reviews re UFO Hunters, from myself and others, including researchers who have been on the show, go here."

Cheers,
Frank

Frank,

When Christopher O'Brien comes on the show next week, he'll relate a story about UFO Punters that is even worse than James', and continues to paint them in a less-than-stellar light.

And did you have a chance to hear the current Keel tribute? Methinks you'll love it.

dB

Can't wait to hear Warren and Balthaser together again, on The Paracast next week! :) You guys rock over UFO Hunters any day!!

Afternoon David,

Frank,

When Christopher O'Brien comes on the show next week, he'll relate a story about UFO Punters that is even worse than James', and continues to paint them in a less-than-stellar light.

And did you have a chance to hear the current Keel tribute? Methinks you'll love it.

dB

Important to note the unknown fact that there were at least a dozen of us who refused to go on the show.

Haven't listened to the "Keel tribute" yet; look forward to it and the O'Brien episode!

Chees,
Frank

Frank and Dennis did a truly excellent episode, which is no surprise, as they're the real deal. Thanks again, Frank, you're helping us just hit them out of the park! :D

dB

David et al,

Frank and Dennis did a truly excellent episode, which is no surprise, as they're the real deal. Thanks again, Frank, you're helping us just hit them out of the park! :D

dB

I think the credit is deserved of my dear friend Dennis and Gene's "editing" skills . . . :D

Cheers,
Frank

Back