• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Design

This is a show the Paracast should do with US Veteran Walter Bosley and Dr John Brandenburg
Also the power changes in Russia at the same time

Vladimir Putin - Wikipedia

The political events prior and the patterns,

Media and interesting ? lecture

What was that old sci-fi film with use of sound to travel through space? Can they detect UFO sounds through Earth atmosphere? Also this UFO case is interesting once again over water ,

Last edited:
That's not the issue. Issue is, that even if distortion is massive, its projected towards a blue sky. If you turn even the strongest glass made lens towards the sky, you will not see any distortion. Simply because of the flatness of the background sky's color.

Another thing is, because how gravitomagnetic field works, in a form of torus, there is a column aligned with a central axis of the craft. Imagine a cylindrical bar magnet. Magnetic field would form a torus, with a very dense column of parallel magnetic lines going right through the bar magnet. That's how gravitomagnetic field looks like. Only flux lines are made of gravitational field, not magnetic. Just google "gravitomagnetic".

So, you don't have one lens bellow the craft and another lens above. It doesn't actually work like Alcubiere's drive. No, you have a column of gravitomagnetic flux lines going right through the middle of the craft, along the central axis of rotational symmetry. That's why distrtions would be minimal on the outside.

Actually, there is thread here on this forum, where a lady, who was abducted as a child, described engine room inside UFO. She said there was a huge "tank", like a swimming pool full of murky gel like material. Such "swimming pools" were described by few other abductees. I know its far fetched, but my current thinking is that these central "swimming pools" are used as a ballast, as something for gravitomagnetic column to grab on and lift the craft.
First of all, the sightings I've had have been more or less horizontal. No distortion in the cloudy sky above.

But one I was perhaps a hundred yards away from an object close to a block long... there was also no distortion and no gravitational distortion that I could sense.

This thing must have been more than a hundred tons.

Gravitomagnetic torsional fields also don't happen unless they're between massive mass-energy fields, and itself would be subject to earths gravity. It has been discussed at length in this thread.

And there have been lots of abductee cases where the engine has been shown or described as magnetic, or plasma, or stuff that is just nonsense. There have even been diagrams shown that plainly won't work.

@marduk, you must read Fendt's UFO Water cases.

Gravitomagnetic torsional fields also don't happen unless they're between massive mass-energy fields, and itself would be subject to earths gravity. It has been discussed at length in this thread.

That's your opinion. GR makes UFO theoretically possible within pier reviewed science. You are talking about engineering problem, not a scientific one. They just know the trick and have the right materials, how to get these mass-energy fields to do the job. Another important thing is that GR equations are highly non-linear, which increases a likelihood that there is something we missed.

And there have been lots of abductee cases where the engine has been shown or described as magnetic, or plasma, or stuff that is just nonsense. There have even been diagrams shown that plainly won't work.

Abductee testimonies are just a data point. If one abductee says something, that means a little. If 30-40 abductees say something than that's very important. Ufology is more like police investigation than like lab science.

Last edited:
marduk,
You are using human science (the only measurement we can use) to try understand something which might be way advanced to our understanding of the propulsions systems of these biological/ artificial/ unkown? Therefore, scientist can't really classify these non-hoaxes ( common misidentified ) , maybe future generations will find the answers . Like many who eyewitness these unknown objects or force which can manipulate the surrounding area of the humans inhabitants able to controls sounds from nature which leaves more questions than answers in finding clues.

Last edited:
OK, that's a good point. But they seem to be able to form beams out of whatever fields they have and lift cars, cows and people.
All fields can be collimated to an extent, so it’s not surprising that they could produce gravitational and other kinds of beams. There have even been some advancements in creating a kind of “tractor beam” using lasers:
https://phys.org/news/2012-10-physics-duo-tractor-dual-bessel.html

Sometimes UFOs are funny. There was a case where a farmer was hit on a forehed, like with a fist, but from 50m (150ft) away.
Haha, that is funny. It’s easy to imagine that other forms of intelligent life would also have a sense of humor/whimsy.

OK, OK, are we talking here about dipole (like in magnetic field) or two opposite particle charges, like in electric field?
It’s exactly analogous to electromagnetism, in the weak field limit anyway (but gravitoelectromagnetic effects scale nonlinearly, unlike electromagnetism, so in high-field regimes the effects are stronger).

So think of it this way: ordinary mass-energy possesses a positive “mass charge,” which acts analogously to an electrical charge. That’s the basis of Robert Forward’s toroidal gravitoelectric dipole generator (which is what it sounds like you’re describing – that’s one of my favorite concepts). If you have a toroidal ring, with a “mass current” flowing around the ring in a spiral (just like the electrical current flows around the winding of a toroidal inductor), this establishes a gravitomagnetic field within the toroid. But that has no effect on a stationary mass. To exert a force on a stationary mass, the mass current has to be accelerating. When that’s happening, a gravitoelectric dipole is generated: a test body on one side of the toroid will be attracted – it’ll be drawn through the center. A test body on the other side will be repelled – forced away from the center. So one one side you have an induced positive gravitoelectric pole, and on the other a negative gravitoelectric pole. This is analogous to a changing current in an electromagnetic toroidal inductor, which generates an induced positive electric pole on one side and an negative electric pole on the other side

But the field is conservative, and follows the same Gauss law as electromagnetic fields: the gravitoelectric induction field inside the toroid is balanced exactly by the opposing gravitoelectric field around the outside of the toroid, summing to zero. So it’s not a propulsion device – it can’t move itself. You could launch test masses through the center if you wanted to, and you could levitate a test mass above the device (on one side of the toroid), but it can’t move itself. To do that, you need either a net negative gravitoelectric charge, or a true gravitoelectric field gradient in one favored direction. Then the craft would “fall” toward the positive gravitoelectric pole and away from the negative one. That’s what Alcubierre’s concept entails, though he shapes the field into a polarized bubble around the craft. Personally, I don’t think that’s necessary – without the bubble of warp field distortion you can still propel a craft; it’s sometimes called a “diametric drive,” a simple gravitational field gradient "leaning" in the direction you want to go, with the craft in the middle of the gravitational slope, like a surfer riding a wave. That works fine, unless the gravitational field gradient varies strongly across the length of the craft and creates tidal forces that strain its structural integrity. As long as the field is big enough and smooth enough at the center where the craft is, that’s not a problem.

Please elaborate on this: "gravitomagnetic susceptibility and nonlinear permeability". What are these in layman terms?
Just think of it as the gravitomagnetic analogue to ferromagnetism. A cylindrical electromagnetic coil of wire generates a relatively weak magnetic field, unless you put a bar of iron inside of it – iron has a high and nonlinear magnetic permeability (and therefore susceptibility) – so it greatly amplifies the magnetic field strength of the coil. We just lucked out with iron because it’s a naturally occurring material with this wonderful characteristic of high magnetic permeability – I often wonder what the world would be like if iron, which is all around us, didn’t just happen to have this ideal property for electromagnetic technology.

The same possibility exists with respect to gravitomagnetism, but it’s unclear how to create such a material (though the magnetic moment and the spin of atomic nuclei are coupled, which gives us a starting point). There’s a researcher named Ning Li who was looking into this, but she got funded by the DoD and went dark. Contractors working under the DoD don’t generally publish – military research is almost always classified.

The main thing to keep in a mind is that univers is 13.5 billion years old. There was plenty of time for intelligent life to develop in many places. UFOs are not all made in the same factory. There are civilisations with very different levels of developement. Some UFOs appear verly primiteve, with lots of pipes etc. While other appear to be solid-state tech. This creates a difficulty in a research, because creates lots of variations to deal with.
Eh, sort of. Lots of different styles of craft are reported, but they exhibit strikingly similar performance characteristics across a wide range of designs. The laws of physics are truly universal, and many if not most of these craft seem to be utilizing a similar kind of field propulsion mechanism. I’m sure that some civilizations have better mastery over the physics propelling these devices, but they all appear to be employing some kind of gravitational field propulsion technology unknown to modern mainstream science. Which makes sense, because that’s the only theoretical method that we’ve discovered that would hypothetically permit a traveler to take a jaunt to Alpha Centauri and be back in time for lunch - without incurring any special relativistic time dilation effects.

Now, this is the best thought I ever read on this subject. Thank you for helping me understand subject better.
Glad to help. If anyone wants to crunch the numbers, there’s a nice treatment of the subject here:
http://www.ita.uni-heidelberg.de/~massimo/sub/Lectures/gl_all.pdf

I was doing specific research on engine rooms. However abductees can be of questionable reliability, such "swimming pools" and "columns with blue liquid" were described by few other abductees. I know its far fetched, but my current thinking is that these central "swimming pools" are used as a ballast, as something for gravitomagnetic column to grab on and lift the craft. That might be that high gravitomagnetic susceptibility & permeability material you talked about. Otherwise, its inexplicable why would they carry so much of stuff that is neither fuel, nor food across intergalactic space.
If those accounts are accurate, I would assume that’s unrelated to the field generator – you’d probably want a solid material with high gravitomagnetic susceptibility to amplify the field, because the material will respond to the forces acting on it. If you’ve ever seen ferrofluid you’ll understand what I mean – you wouldn’t want to be dealing with some weird fluid deforming and exerting changing strains against a container; it’s better if it’s rigid so it stays put. Here’s a funny little video demonstrating ferrofluid deformations in a magnetic field:

Fendt is the key. We must invite him to this forum.
That’s a great idea. I love how this forum creates an excellent interactive environment for the Paracast.

Here is a list of less known technical papers by people who followed in Paul Hill's steps:
Thank you for all the resources DROBNJAK – it’s great to have some new material to munch on ;

I should also mention an intriguing theoretical possibility that’s going to be tested in the next few years at CERN: it’s possible that antimatter possesses positive inertia but a negative gravitational charge. Surprising though it may seem, we don’t actually know yet if antimatter falls up or down in the Earth’s gravitational field. So researchers are working on a system to create antihydrogen, then cool it down to very slow speeds, and then try to see which direction it falls. At least a couple of teams are working on this, the ALPHA group and the AEgIS Collaboration:
CERN team uses GPUs to discover if antimatter falls up, not down

It’s generally regarded as an unlikely possibility (for reasons that I mostly disagree with), and there’s a tantalizing twist: a brilliant maverick theoretical physicist named Dragan Hajdukovic has figured out that if antimatter possesses a negative gravitational charge, then the gravitational polarization of quantum vacuum fluctuations would produce effects that look just like dark matter and dark energy. In fact it’s the only theory to date which offers a simple explanation of both effects with only one new postulate. So I’m eager to see the experimental results. Here’s an article about Hadjukovic’s theory:
https://phys.org/news/2012-01-repulsive-gravity-alternative-dark-energy_1.html

Last edited:
@Thomas R Morrison Are you any good with GR equations?

I was thinking about that that mass-energy current in a form of two counter-rotating cylinders of depleted uranium, the most dense material we have, about 19 gr cm-3.

If we can counter rotate two parallel cylinders made of depleted uranium, that are very close to each other, at a speeds that are significant fraction of the speed of light, maybe we can measure the first inertial forces produced by man made gravitomagnetic field. Just as an high-tech experiment.

I am guessing that it is actually possible to rotate a heavy metal cylinders at speeds that are high fraction of speed of light, because centrifugal force can be balanced out with Lorentz force made by confining magnetic field. Practically, in a fusion reactors (of which half-a-doezen were made) they use magnetic confinement to control plasma that is 100 million ºC. So if currently we can contain plasma hotter than Sun's, its within a reason to expect that we can spin heavy metals, within magnetic confinement, close to speed of light.

It is interesting to note, that some authors like Bruice Maccabie and implicitly Mark Rodeghier, have indicated that magnetic fields produced by UFOs go high above 100 Tesla. More likely several hundred's of Teslas. Maybe its because of need for magnetic confinement of rotating heavy metals. Particularly in cases with disrupting of petrol engines. My very loose estimate would be that it takes 1-5 Teslas to disrupt ignition spark. So when one plugs that into inverse square law for a UFO that is 30m (100ft) away, one easily goes over 100T. Just a guess.

There was one interesting account in the "UFOs and Water" book, towards the end, where a farmer had a chat with UFO pilots and they told him that engine operates by spinning liquid metal at a speed of light. UFOs are known for dripping liquid metals. There is a good book on dripping metals by Stanford University physicist Peter A. Sturrock "The UFO Enigma: A New Review of the Physical Evidence". That farmer's account almost perfectly ties up with GR gravitomagnetism and dripping metals.

If you know the GR maths, maybe you can do a formula for two counter-rotating cylinders, where one can just plug in material density, cylinders' radius and rotation speed and than get out the inertial "force" in the middle, or whatever? I am just curious if an accessible heavy metal, rotated at say 90% of speed of light, would produce anything similar to lift-off capable gravitomagnetic effect. Or even some small experimentally measurable effect.

Last edited:
marduk,
You are using human science (the only measurement we can use) to try understand something which might be way advanced to our understanding of the propulsions systems of these biological/ artificial/ unkown? Therefore, scientist can't really classify these non-hoaxes ( common misidentified ) , maybe future generations will find the answers . Like many who eyewitness these unknown objects or force which can manipulate the surrounding area of the humans inhabitants able to controls sounds from nature which leaves more questions than answers in finding clues.
Nah. Science is science.

There's probably also a fundamental limit on intelligence - otherwise nature probably would have created something smarter than us by now.

@Thomas R Morrison Are you any good with GR equations?

I was thinking about that that mass-energy current in a form of two counter-rotating cylinders of depleted uranium, the most dense material we have, about 19 gr cm-3.

If we can counter rotate two parallel cylinders made of depleted uranium, that are very close to each other, at a speeds that are significant fraction of the speed of light, maybe we can measure the first inertial forces produced by man made gravitomagnetic field. Just as an high-tech experiment.

I am guessing that it is actually possible to rotate a heavy metal cylinders at speeds that are high fraction of speed of light, because centrifugal force can be balanced out with Lorentz force made by confining magnetic field. Practically, in a fusion reactors (of which half-a-doezen were made) they use magnetic confinement to control plasma that is 100 million ºC. So if currently we can contain plasma hotter than Sun's, its within a reason to expect that we can spin heavy metals, within magnetic confinement, close to speed of light.

It is interesting to note, that some authors like Bruice Maccabie and implicitly Mark Rodeghier, have indicated that magnetic fields produced by UFOs go high above 100 Tesla. More likely several hundred's of Teslas. Maybe its because of need for magnetic confinement of rotating heavy metals. Particularly in cases with disrupting of petrol engines. My very loose estimate would be that it takes 1-5 Teslas to disrupt ignition spark. So when one plugs that into inverse square law for a UFO that is 30m (100ft) away, one easily goes over 100T. Just a guess.

There was one interesting account in the "UFOs and Water" book, towards the end, where a farmer had a chat with UFO pilots and they told him that engine operates by spinning liquid metal at a speed of light. UFOs are known for dripping liquid metals. There is a good book on dripping metals by Stanford University physicist Peter A. Sturrock "The UFO Enigma: A New Review of the Physical Evidence". That farmer's account almost perfectly ties up with GR gravitomagnetism and dripping metals.

If you know the GR maths, maybe you can do a formula for two counter-rotating cylinders, where one can just plug in material density, cylinders' radius and rotation speed and than get out the inertial "force" in the middle, or whatever? I am just curious if an accessible heavy metal, rotated at say 90% of speed of light, would produce anything similar to lift-off capable gravitomagnetic effect. Or even some small experimentally measurable effect.
It could also be a working fusion generator. Hell of a way to provide confinement - liquid hydrogen, say.

The incredibly handy thing about the linearized weak-field approximation of gravitoelectromagnetism is that they’re essentially identical to Maxwell’s equations, so it’s easy to get a good ballpark estimate on forces in situations like you’ve described.

Robert Forward offered the simple equations at the end of his Guidelines to Antigravity paper. And as you’ll see, we’re not going to be able to detect gravitomagnetic forces in the lab until we can either A.) harness large magnitudes of fast-moving degenerate matter (neutron star densities - more than a dozen orders of magnitude denser than depleted uranium) or B.) engineer a material with very high nonlinear gravitomagnetic permeability (which we don’t know how to do yet). Have a look at the scenario he calculated at the end of his paper:
http://u2.lege.net/culture.zapto.or...rward%20-%20Guidelines%20to%20Antigravity.pdf

In this paper Forward’s gravitational dipole generator is examined numerically, and postulating that the fluid through the coils is as dense as a neutron star, and the coils are as wide as a football field, and the torus is 1-kilometer in diameter, the author calculates a force of g = 10^-10 , where 1g equals one Earth gravity:
http://www.tsijournals.com/articles...y-machine-utilizing-electromagnetic-field.pdf

That’s pretty weak. But a material with high gravitomagnetic permeability could shift that picture substantially.

It’s also easy to underestimate the difficulties and the dangers involved in rotating any body of solid matter close to the speed of light. It’s not just a matter of forcing back against the edges of those spinning cylinders – your containment field would have to match the centrifugal force within the cylinders as well as the rotary shaft more or less exactly, because the internal strain on the material would easily be strong enough to tear it apart from the inside at speeds much less than the speed of light. And the energy of that spinning disk would be incredibly dangerous even at comparably modest speeds – people have been working on this kind of thing as kinetic energy storage systems, and at high energies they’re basically like a bomb that will explode if the slightest vibration or bearing failure occurs. At relativistic speeds it’s equivalent to many megatons of explosive power.

But it’s all academic anyway – as we’ve discussed earlier, gravitomagnetic fields don’t create propulsive forces. Even changing gravitomagnetic fields are incapable of generating net momentum, because a changing gravitomagnetic field creates both a positive gravitoelectric pole, and a negative gravitoelectric field, which are conserved across the Gaussian surfaces of the field, yielding no net force. So even if we could spin two rings or cylinders at relativistic speeds as you’ve suggested, it wouldn’t move a craft at all.

What we need is something we don’t have: a theoretically feasible propulsion principle, whereby we can produce an asymmetric gravitational field gradient. We only know how to make symmetric gravitoelectromagnetic fields, which won’t get us anywhere. Miguel Alcubierre showed that if we could create such a field, then it would be an amazing new kind of propulsion concept. But we don’t know how do it – nobody’s come up with a *method.*

Alcubierre hypothesized a kind of matter called exotic matter, which would create a negative gravitational field, to explain his idea theoretically. But as far as we know, there’s no such thing. The Casimir effect and squeezed light seem to indicate that it might kinda sorta be possible to generate a little bit of negative mass-energy, akin to exotic matter. And dark energy seems to have the right property, but we’re not even sure what dark energy is, and we have no idea how to “gather it up” into a density we’d need to make use of it, or if that’s even possible.

Dr. Sonny White has explored some fascinating thinking on this subject, which he published in a series of papers that led to the current toroidal warp field device they’re testing at Eagleworks, but his idea is based on a highly speculative higher-dimensional physics model, and they haven’t detected any spacetime distortion yet, as far as I know.

So we’re not faced with a relatively simple (although that’s a generous assessment) engineering problem – we’re faced with a theoretical problem which nobody has solved yet. To me, that’s the fun and exciting part, like a treasure hunt. But it’s a disparaging and frustrating conundrum for the pragmatist.

But of course, that would all change suddenly and dramatically if it turns out that antimatter has a negative gravitational charge. And even though that’s an apparently remote “dark horse” possibility, a compelling argument has been made that antimatter is CPT-reversed matter (charge, parity, and time-reversed), in which case antimatter would indeed fall upward in the Earth’s gravitational field. It’s one of the big, great, exciting, long-shot possibilities in physics today, which is why I’ve been so eager to see the results from CERN. But every year they keep saying “a couple of more years” because it’s a very tricky experiment to perform.

Nah. Science is science.
I tend to agree - we may not have the scientific understanding to create these effects ourselves yet, but the ufo phenomenon indicates to me that there's a physical method for a field propulsion mechanism, and we just have to figure out how it works.

There's probably also a fundamental limit on intelligence - otherwise nature probably would have created something smarter than us by now.
And by the same token above, ufos seem like a pretty convincing demonstration that we humans aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. And the fact that they seem to shun any involvement in human affairs only reinforces that conclusion.

Nah. Science is science.

On this important question, I would choose a middle. The right attitude is to keep one foot on "the shoulders of the giants" (existing science) and another foot in the unknown and unexplored. That's science. Science is exploration of unknown, not ticking off check-boxes.

A big deal is that scientists are strapped for research money. Because they are strapped for cash, they play "I know it all" game. Because they play "I know it all game" they are afraid to take risks.

And that's exactly why it was to bicycle makers, the Wright brothers, invented aeroplane. Back in 1905 all the science and math needed for making powered flight was known. But "know it all's" were too afraid to go for trial & error method and loose their careers if the first iteration failed.

If we look back into history we can see that the best of science was never done by committee.

On this important question, I would choose a middle. The right attitude is to keep one foot on "the shoulders of the giants" (existing science) and another foot in the unknown and unexplored. That's science. Science is exploration of unknown, not ticking off check-boxes.

A big deal is that scientists are strapped for research money. Because they are strapped for cash, they play "I know it all" game. Because they play "I know it all game" they are afraid to take risks.

And that's exactly why it was to bicycle makers, the Wright brothers, invented aeroplane. Back in 1905 all the science and math needed for making powered flight was known. But "know it all's" were too afraid to go for trial & error method and loose their careers if the first iteration failed.

If we look back into history we can see that the best of science was never done by committee.
Totally agree.

My point is that there is a massive difference between "we don't yet know" and "we can never know."

It's the difference between say, what dark energy is and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Not falling for that trick question! I said how do we know exploring we have no answers rather theories until proven correct. For example
10 mysteries that physics can't answer... yet
I'm not following.

What I'm saying is that there's a difference between the existential 'there exists a concept' - ∃(c) that no human will ever understand for all time under any conditions - ∀(u).

Given even a set of super cool theoretical tools such as advanced AI, quantum computing, planet-sized space telescopes, functioning nanotech, etc.

I don't think such concepts exist, except where there is a theoretical limitation to the information being able to exist in the physical universe or something.

Of course I could be wrong, but it's my opinion.

Can't dismiss plausible existence of higher intelligence we are one planet in mass universes of learning, Example ball lighting is it natural event or intelligent design ?
Ok. If you're asking if somewhere in the multiverse there exists a concept that we could not possibly grasp, then maybe.

I mean there could be other universi with profoundly different physical laws that perhaps defy conceptualization.

But since the information can't get here from there, I'm not sure why that matters.

Regarding ball lightning - it's natural, and can be recreated in the lab. It's interesting, but not exotic.

This thread should never die. There is so much good stuff in here ;-)

Anyway, I found this interesting witness account. Witness watched UFO against clear blue sky, while wearing polarizing glasses and he had seen several dark rings around UFO's circumference. Interestingly, rings appeared to be static, as by formed with standing waves. Dark rings seen trough polarizing glass would imply presence of magnetic field, so called Faraday's effect.

Does anybody knows, can gravitomagnetic field cause polarization of the light, same as the magnetic field?

Here is the original link: section VInew and here is the relevant extract:

Mr. Wells Alen Webb's second UFO sighting was on May 5, 1953. Time: 9:45 - 10:00 a.m.

"It was a clear sunny morning; the author was standing in a field near the Vacuum Cooling Company plant, not far from Spain Flying Field, and about a mile north of the Yuma Air Force Fighter Base. His attention was drawn by the buzzing of jet fighters taking off in quick succession, passing directly overhead traveling northward. As he scanned the northern sky, the author's attention became fixed upon what at first appeared to be a small white cloud, the only one in the sky at the time. The author was wearing Polaroid glasses having a greenish tint, and as was his custom when studying clouds he took the glasses off and put them on at intervals to compare the effect with and without Polaroid. The object was approximately oblong with the long axis in a horizontal plane. It floated at an elevation of about forty-five degrees. During the course of about five minutes the object traveled approximately 30 degrees toward the east. Then it appeared abruptly to turn and travel northward; at the same time its oblong shape changed to circular section. As a circular object it rapidly became smaller as if receding. While receding, the object did not noticeably lose any of its brightness. In about thirty seconds of this, its diameter became too small for the author to hold in his vision.

During the first period the writer had not noticed a change in the oblong nor in the field of view about it as a result of putting on and taking off his Polaroid glasses. But during the second period several uniformly spaced concentric circles appeared around the now circular object. The circles were distinct dark bands which enveloped the silvery disc. The largest of these circles was, perhaps, six times the diameter of the central disc. When the writer removed his polarizing glasses the silvery disc remained but the concentric rings vanished. When the glasses were put on again, the rings reappeared. The writer repeated this several times, each time with the same result. The rings with glasses on, faded to invisibility before the disc became too small to see."

I don't think you can figure out a complex craft's propulsion system by external observation. It's like a caveman looking at a motorbike and saying it's pushed along by smoke coming out the exhaust pipes.

Back