• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Debates

Ouch! That sounds a bit harsh, but it's funny to imagine as a cartoon :).

I agree with both Jimi H. and ufology that solipsism is a dead end in the attempt to comprehend what we can call 'real'. Consciousness and mind are filled with the tangible, sensible world and our reflections on what we can understand about the world and ourselves through our experience and thought.

I agree with both Jimi H. and ufology that solipsism is a dead end in the attempt to comprehend what we can call 'real'. Consciousness and mind are filled with the tangible, sensible world and our reflections on what we can understand about the world and ourselves through our experience and thought.
The evidence suggests that without a mind, it isn't possible to even ask the question of what is real in the first place. However if we have a mind, then at least we know we can ask the question. Beyond that, what can we be entirely sure of? On that level alone, Solipsism has a point. However it tends to go downhill pretty fast after that. There's just too much science that contradicts the notion that our own mind is the sole source of the realm we perceive. So Solipsism may not be technically dead, but it's been limited to a lone square in the corner of the board and appears to be out of moves.

The evidence suggests that without a mind, it isn't possible to even ask the question of what is real in the first place. However if we have a mind, then at least we know we can ask the question. Beyond that, what can we be entirely sure of? On that level alone, Solipsism has a point. However it tends to go downhill pretty fast after that. There's just too much science that contradicts the notion that our own mind is the sole source of the realm we perceive. So Solipsism may not be technically dead, but it's been limited to a lone square in the corner of the board and appears to be out of moves.

I think that consciousness itself, when examined, does away with the possible validity of solipsism. This occurs in its becoming aware of a physical world external to itself and, soon after that, recognizing itself as awareness of and reflection upon the nature of reality {i.e., 'what-is' and how it appears}. That the above is the foundation of experience and thinking is the core of phenomenological philosophy, which begins with the analysis of consciousness in its acts of perception in and engagement with the world in which it finds itself existing. Merleau-Ponty refers to the "perceptual faith" that arises out of a phenomenological analysis of perception and its disclosures of the nature of what is real. One of the key phenomena-cum-experiences he cites is that of 'distance', perceived by a consciousness and then realized by that consciousness as it walks out into the physical world realizing what distance signifies.

I think that consciousness itself, when examined, does away with the possible validity of solipsism. This occurs in its becoming aware of a physical world external to itself and, soon after that, recognizing itself as awareness of and reflection upon the nature of reality {i.e., 'what-is' and how it appears}. That the above is the foundation of experience and thinking is the core of phenomenological philosophy, which begins with the analysis of consciousness in its acts of perception in and engagement with the world in which it finds itself existing. Merleau-Ponty refers to the "perceptual faith" that arise out of a phenomenological analysis of perception and its disclosures of the nature of what is real. One of the key phenomena-cum-experiences he cites is that of 'distance', perceived by a consciousness and then realized by that consciousness as it walks out into the physical world realizing what distance signifies.

Husserl wrote, early in his development of his phenomenological methodology, "no things but in consciousness; no consciousness but in things." He later moved beyond that formulation into an increasingly abstract idealism, but then abandoned that in developing a theory of "lived reality." We're always in danger of abstraction and idealism when we contemplate the question of how the world/universe as a whole works, which our minds and all they come to encompass in the development and proliferation of human thought to date inevitably pursue. And here we are, contemplating the problem that localized existence in a world partially knowable poses for us as thinkers.

First episode with Ryder where he visited Chilean CEFAA and also talked with general Bermudez and major Rodrigo Bravo (speaker at November 12 2007 NPC conference organised at the time by Fox and Kean and author of one chapter in Kean's book):

Roswell Witnesses interviewed by Japanese TV (rare).
Unfortunately Cooper is also interviewed (it is best to ignore that part with Cooper):

I would be interested in forum members reaction to this acticle
An Encyclopedia of Fairies (Briggs, 1976) gives many examples of fairy abductions. The similarities between fairy abductions and UFO abductions are also interesting to note. People who claimed interactions with fairies generally reported marks on their bodies consistent with reports of alien abductions. Fairy abductions and UFO abductions also exhibit striking similarities to activities of incubi and succubi. Almost always a thick drink is given to the abductee. The victim is paralyzed and then levitated away. The fairies traveled in circular globes of light which is also commonly reported in UFO abductions. Another similarity to the UFO abduction scenario is the bigfoot type creature which was called a "bogie" in fairy lore. Many so-called fairies and aliens look and act a lot like what have been described throughout history as demons...

The invisible hand of the Cosmic Trickster: High strangeness and the paranormal nature of the UFO phenomenon -- High Strangeness -- Sott.net

Last edited:
I would be interested in forum members reaction to this acticle
Ice circle photo..
'Ice circles' are associated with flowing water, it's an ice floe that spins with the current and gets all pointy edges worn off from contact with other floes. They also appear in sea ice because of tidal flows. Iow., they are not para-normal.

4262303984_d209cff61e.jpg

'Ice circles' are associated with flowing water, it's an ice floe that spins with the current and gets all pointy edges worn off from contact with other floes. They also appear in sea ice because of tidal flows. Iow., they are not para-normal.

4262303984_d209cff61e.jpg
Thanks

I really enjoyed this film. It took its time, listened to people, and was respectful to them. I enjoyed its mood and artistry.It starts taking about extraterrestrials and UFOs at about 36 minutes and 12 seconds. However I think it really starts at 33 minutes and 33 second when it talks about monsters (i.e) people are petrified, if they have a camera they forget to use it, they loose track of time, and if they turn away the monster disappears.

Another gem just discovered and archived.
Quite a party :)
Stanton Friedman, Philip Klass, Jacques Vallee, Buzz Aldrin, Bill Maxwell.
Hosted by Ron Reagan.

Part 1 = recommended section at 31:01 = personal conversation with Curtis Le May and Ron reflects about potential discussion with his father (president Ronald Reagan) about UFOs (Ron states that such thing didn't happened)

Last edited:
Back