• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO community shocked — Gilliland Quits their World!

Chris to be fair to TerraX, I think his vitriol was intended for me:D Its ok, I can take it.

Was I overly harsh? Maybe. My comment was made based primarily on video footage Ive seen with Gilliand talking, as well as video he claims is anomalous. On top of that its the language he uses like "Oh look you can see them rejoining the mothership" as a commentary to fricken lights in the sky footage. And finally after reading his message above I noticed he writes poorly. For a piece that was obviously intended to be read far and wide and to communicate a serious message it was very poorly written.

I do admit though that I should probably do a little more research before making such harsh judgements.

It's obvious that TerraX just wants to argue and flame away. He changes his position so he can claim no one understands what he writes. He originally started out upset that Chris would lump Gilliand with Meier and Romanek. If you dare to do the same thing you are automatically a non-thinking tool of the opposition. He then twisted into contortions to claim he had done no such thing and that we just didn't understand.

He's just so smart and everyone else is just so stupid. It's difficult to have a conversation with someone who deems himself so intelligent that no one can understand him. One would think that part of the definition of intelligence is to be understandable.

He's not worth the trouble and has provided no insights into Gilliand or anyone else. If he had something substantive to say, that would be different, but he's just pissed off and spouting vitriol in all directions.

BTW, I live just a few miles from Gilliand's ranch. It's just south of Mt. St. Helen's, the one that blew up in 1980. That's also the area where D.B. Cooper parachuted out of a 727 at 10,000 feet with $200K and was never seen again. Some of the money washed up on the beach of the Columbia River some years later, but Cooper was never found. Several people have come forward saying Cooper confessed on his death bed. Only problem is they were all different people.

ECETI Testimonials
(Excerpt from the link.)
"Hi Mr. Filer ... My name is Barbara Delozier. I am a relatively new Field Investigator for MUFON / Florida and ... a great fan of your work. Thank you for all that you do.

I read your weekly reports with great interest and was encouraged to see a report this month in the MUFON Journal about James Gilliland's Ranch in Trout Lake , WA.

I've just returned from Mr. Gilliland's Ranch and watched with wonder at the UFO activities in the skies. As a MUFON FI, I've been taught to be objective, and look at all aspects of an alleged sighting. But ... when I see something with my own eyes that is irrefutable, it is very difficult to remain objective."

I've just returned from Mr. Gilliland's Ranch and watched with wonder at the UFO activities in the skies."

The Mt Adams/St. Helens region is definitely some sort of "UFO" hot spot, but AGAIN, that doesn't mean that these things being seen are "ET craft," or that James has been selected/anointed to communicate with the benevolent space brothers for the betterment of humankind and/or to heal or teach you (for a fee). Until we get measurable hard data we cannot determine the exact nature of the observed phenomena.

What part of this do you not understand?

Originally Posted by TerraXI've just returned from Mr. Gilliland's Ranch and watched with wonder at the UFO activities in the skies."
Can't we have a puke icon? I need to use one right now.

I think that last sentence was part of a quote Terrax was posting. Or am I wrong and you were actually out at the Gilliand ranch Terrax?

The Mt Adams/St. Helens region is definitely some sort of "UFO" hot spot, but AGAIN, that doesn't mean that these things being seen are "ET craft," or that James has been selected/anointed to communicate with the benevolent space brothers for the betterment of humankind and/or to heal or teach you (for a fee). Until we get measurable hard data we cannot determine the exact nature of the observed phenomena. What part of this do you not understand?
I get you, but did you get me? From your 'rules of investigation';
Investigating the Paranormal - Our Strange Planet
"8. If you publicize claims of the unusual, choose your words wisely, for your "spin" may have tremendous influence."
My point is that with starting this thread you put your particular spin on Gilliland. You didn't start out with the data or an investigation (photographs, films, eyewitness testimony), you focused on Gilliland's person with words that basically put him in a negative light. When you do that there's the risk that the data will be just as easily dismissed as the person.
I already mentioned that, like you, I don't consider the ETH proven in the Gilliland case, nor do I see Gilliland as a 'savior' but is he such a bad guy that all the sightings near Mt. Adams can be discarded as insignificant? Absolutely not, and what I'm trying to protect here is a basis for further study. Do you understand that part?

I believe you're collaborating with Ray Stanford in getting his data out that he collected over many years. I have no doubts that your main interest lies in that area, but I think you're also aware of Stanford's lifelong work including that part before his pure scientific approach. One time Ray claimed to have mental contact with the 'Space Brothers' and that he summoned UFOs during experiments with telepathy. In fact, one could consider Ray Stanford as one of the 'early contactees.' :)
Personally, I find all that stuff fascinating. During an interview, I think Ray was on Radio Mysterioso, he mentioned that he was with a group of people near the coast who huddled together in a circle and started meditating - making telepathic requests for UFOs to appear, and a UFO did appear. Now, where have I seen similar circumstances where people come together and hope to see UFOs? Right, near Mt. Adams.
"4. Always be ready for anything, anytime. Look for coincidences when investigating claims of the unusual. Often, there may be a synchronistic element at work."

There is this interaction on some level between the observer and the UFO. I think you're well aware of it Mr. O'Brien. There are elements in Ray Stanford's work that I personally disagree with but at the end of the day Mr. Stanford provides valuable information and not just the scientific kind. Maybe you could extend James Gilliland the same courtesy as you do with Ray Stanford?

"7. Appearances can be deceiving. There may be more happening than meets the eye."

I think that last sentence was part of a quote Terrax was posting. Or am I wrong and you were actually out at the Gilliand ranch Terrax?
That quote was taken from the link in my previous post, I even wrote "excerpt from the link" above it. Should have been obvious.

Sure, what's to report? James still making $$$ w/ his phone psychic/healer "work?" ;) My camera project team is interested in finding a good spot up there to triangulate cameras. If not somewhere around the Trout Lk area, then east, over Mt Adams, over on the west side of the Yakima Indian Rez.

Sure, what's to report?

Lots of things.

James still making $$$ w/ his phone psychic/healer "work?" ;)

I never experienced him offering phone service and never had him offer himself as a psychic/healer either.
What I can say is that I was diagnosed by two orthopedists and two radiologists with severe lower degenerative spinal arthritis, the pain was the equivalent of the condition.

I didn't go there to be healed, I went to ECETI to be with family, enjoy the environment, meet/talk with James and the other participants. About 40 of us over a 5 day period.

During a table-tipping ceremony, he and one of his assistants asked for several upper-dimensional beings including Mother Mary to join us and announced that they were here to heal those who carry the belief that such healing can be accomplished. Having sat at more physical mediumship demonstrations that I can count/remember - knowing that one is never healed by others but heals oneself - I felt nothing...until I stood up to leave. I was free of pain for the first time in years.

My X-ray and MRI has shown that the previous deformations and the entire degenerative process was gone.

My camera project team is interested in finding a good spot up there to triangulate cameras. If not somewhere around the Trout Lk area, then east, over Mt Adams, over on the west side of the Yakima Indian Rez.

We had only one night of clear skies and the anomalous lights were coming from every direction. Facing Mt. Adams, the best chair was one you could lay down on so the skies and grounds were both in as full a view as possible. Point being, in my limited experience, just find a place where the triangulation works, set an intention to make visual contact, carry the belief that you will see what you need.

In two hours, I lost count at 50 easily visible anomalous sky events, dozen or so closer-to-ground events (mainly shimmering, moving orb/spheres of the size of hot air balloons). I was told that the later hours (2-4 Am) are especially productive and so they were.

I wonder if the recent events over the hill at Hanford stirred 'em up? Wayne, one of the camera project guys got some really compelling treetop footage back in 2005. He's convinced much of the activity is real. Others, like Dr. Marsha Adams, who did a side-by-side comparison determined most of the tracking lights were conventional planes w/ their landing lights on, for instance. I've never hung out, so what do I know? I remember corresponding w/ James back in the early 90s. He seemed REALLY naive and really hung-ho. It did sound like there was serious activity going on, but I debunked a shot he sent. It was an obvious lens flare. He's gotten more into the cultish-healer dude thing, and I'm happy to hear that he appears to be helping people. Hats off!

I wonder if the recent events over the hill at Hanford stirred 'em up? Wayne, one of the camera project guys got some really compelling treetop footage back in 2005. He's convinced much of the activity is real. Others, like Dr. Marsha Adams, who did a side-by-side comparison determined most of the tracking lights were conventional planes w/ their landing lights on, for instance.

The sightings I saw had no resemblance to planes unless planes can move 90 degrees on a dime and merge together into a single "plane" of moving light.

I've never hung out, so what do I know? I remember corresponding w/ James back in the early 90s. He seemed REALLY naive and really hung-ho. It did sound like there was serious activity going on, but I debunked a shot he sent. It was an obvious lens flare. He's gotten more into the cultish-healer dude thing, and I'm happy to hear that he appears to be helping people. Hats off!
I understand what you mean, I find it off-putting that he has such a shallow view of intelligence agencies e.g. CIA and the Soros 'connection', he has a tendency to embrace the gamut of exopoliticals without discerning that a few (many?) of them are leaping from fact to conjecture seamlessly. :)

Cult is a strong word if it is meant that '‘James' way is the only way". I found in several hours of conversation that he has fairly rigid belief systems but I didn't see that he wasn't open to different perspectives. I had no intention of changing his mind and rest assures I did not.

Over the years, I've heard a few women say that he expects lady visitors to cook, clean, do his laundry etc. He was next to us at last years CITD in the sweltering vendor area and seemed nice enough. But, IMO, he ooozes a bliss-bunny new age dude vibe. Frozen smile, vacant eyes, moves kinda slow...

Over the years, I've heard a few women say that he expects lady visitors to cook, clean, do his laundry etc.
My experience was the ECETI ranch is staffed with volunteers who trade services (cooking, cleaning, log cutting, building, general maintenance, feeding animals, etc.) and there was no clear separation of duties i.e. the men cooked as well as the women, the women hauled logs and rocks just as the men do.

He was next to us at last years CITD in the sweltering vendor area and seemed nice enough. But, IMO, he ooozes a bliss-bunny new age dude vibe. Frozen smile, vacant eyes, moves kinda slow...
Like a turtle? lol

Yes, James isn't a 'regular dude' but how many 'regular dudes' sell all their belongings, move to the middle of nowhere, open up their land and homes for positive purposes and continue to do so year after year?

Back