• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

U.S. Soliders Boo-Hoo About Dying in Afghanistan

Part of the reason I ranted about "victim" in my first post and get disgusted with these threads in general is that it's easy to hate the banker, the government, the warrior, etc. All over the net there's articles waiting for you to propagate that hatred to yourself and to others. We all claim that "they" do that to us, they have their media, their money, high ranking government positions, etc. We give them this. Willingly. In America, less than half of our people vote. From our local towns all the way up. People refuse to understand even basic expenses of running a town, a city, a state. They don't know how laws are passed. When a levy breaks their baffled how it happened. Getting a paycheck means buying things. Cable T.V, rent, food, dinner out, gas for the car. We expect all those things to be there. We get angry and rude to the cable guy if the service is interrupted. Dammit, we paid for it! We don't really want to think about the threats that buzz around us everyday, from the local nut that wants to blow up city hall or the guy that want's to walk into a school and blast holes in our children. So we expect our government to deal with it. We want them to prevent it so we can watch the Simpsons tonight and not feel awful. We want our house to be warm in the next cold front. We want our cars. We want to go skiing and not have avalanches bury us. You name it we want it.
So when a subject is presented here and everyone goes on a rant about how crappy the system is or how our soldiers shouldn't cry over dying, all I see is a tiny spot of the issue in a giant ass web. I don't once see a solution offered up. I see rants and righteousness. It's not honest. It's a victims stance. Granted this is just my own opinion....but if your going to get heated up about all these issues....figure out what you can do about it, albeit limited in scope and lifetime, and do it.
What are your suggestions? I am listening.

Last edited:
What are your suggestions. I am listening.
It's not my suggestions you want, it's your own, what works for you. There's no quick fix here, you'll die in a broken revolving system, no matter where you live. But you have a choice to participate and change what you can and add your voice to the larger solutions. It's the opposite of being a victim. For me personally, I want my T.V and internet, my car and store bought meat. What I'm willing to change is fit to what I see as doable for "me." I don't bank with the big boys, no credit cards, no loans. I'll boycott company's that overstretch if possible. I use less gas in my car, it's parked more. Home garden coming soon, canning, less store bought food to reject price, safety and the Gmo issue. I vote. I petition. I'm not into revolutions here at home, we've had ours. I'm not into fear mongering. I'm into intelligent conversations on solutions. I try to stay away from extreme partisainship on both sides of our political parties. All these things I can do aren't radical enough for anyone amped up daily on how we're being used , abused and made into road kill. But I'm not living this life in a constant state of extreme. I pay attention to the issues and give thought on what I can do, take an action if there is one that fits.
I'd also take caution to anyone that comes along saying they've got all the answers. They don't.

It's not my suggestions you want, it's your own, what works for you. There's no quick fix here, you'll die in a broken revolving system, no matter where you live. But you have a choice to participate and change what you can and add your voice to the larger solutions. It's the opposite of being a victim. For me personally, I want my T.V and internet, my car and store bought meat. What I'm willing to change is fit to what I see as doable for "me." I don't bank with the big boys, no credit cards, no loans. I'll boycott company's that overstretch if possible. I use less gas in my car, it's parked more. Home garden coming soon, canning, less store bought food to reject price, safety and the Gmo issue. I vote. I petition. I'm not into revolutions here at home, we've had ours. I'm not into fear mongering. I'm into intelligent conversations on solutions. I try to stay away from extreme partisainship on both sides of our political parties. All these things I can do aren't radical enough for anyone amped up daily on how we're being used , abused and made into road kill. But I'm not living this life in a constant state of extreme. I pay attention to the issues and give thought on what I can do, take an action if there is one that fits.
I'd also take caution to anyone that comes along saying they've got all the answers. They don't.
Have you seen the thread growing your own food?
Grow your own food | The Paracast Community Forums
These are all excellent suggestions and we are doing much of the same ourselves. As for me it is simply interesting as to how the world works and how others see it working. I do like to make suggestions as to how it might work better.

Last edited:
people shouldn't be denigrated for expressing remorse or fear or sadness, if anything it shows that they have reached a level of self awareness, in the light of a military training which robs you of individuality and "resocializes" you and conditions you into killing (ironically desensitising you to human emotion), the emotion shown here is an indicator of humanity and of "self individuation". so what do we do?? we kick the shit out of the dude some more till he goes postal. empathy brothers.
Well said!

Heidi, I know we're road kill but if we're going to buy meat at a store we also need it to be organic, hormone & pharmaceutical free, and preferably not having eaten the brain matter of other animals. Is that too much to ask for?
Even though I don't have Chris's book yet, I suspect it will change me when I read it. His comment about buying from local sources really got me thinking about doing the same.

Draft them....each and everyone of them.Let them have a taste of R. Lee Ermey , as well. There still would be skirmishes, but all full , nation against nation, war ? Doubt it.

These threads are always trouble. They ask for people to speak their minds and when they do it's piss in their porridge time. Or just ignore them. The bottom line is that the bleeding hearts want everything their heart's desire without the real sacrifice needed to make their dream a plausible reality, and the conservatives would be happy if things could just be like they "were".

Neither is a reality in the least and yet these are the ONLY choices we're routinely afforded. Take some time and figure it out. It's sure not rocket science, and YES, there most certainly are absolute solutions to every problem we face. It's just that you'll NEVER get a damn thing done within and by the political system we presently have.

Why are people content to pretend? Isn't that just what we've been trained to do? You happy with that little studded leash around your necks? I cannot honestly state that I am.

Back