• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

U.S. politics: a religious divide ?

Hey, I resemble that remark! :p

Do you know this guy ?
pope.jpg

Liberal family values, same-sex marriage a threat to the future of humanity: Pope
http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/0...iage-a-threat-to-the-future-of-humanity-pope/

Timing is everything right ? ;)

I'm not Catholic. I'm also not a conservative. I'm also not a religous fanatic. But, yeah I know him. Well I know of him. Of course more than likely your not talking to me. I'm just not comfortable with any one sided polemic. It leaves out to many variables.

I've never seen so much meddling in U.S. politics from the outside lol. This just out today in the middle republican primaries... jeesh.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI on Monday warned that liberal family values were threatening the future of humanity, in a veiled reference to homosexual marriage and adoptions by gay couples.
“Policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself,” the pontiff said in a speech at the Vatican.
“The family, based on the marriage of a man and a woman … is not a simple social convention, but rather the fundamental cell of every society,” added the 84-year-old pontiff.
Humanity is also compromised by laws that “not only permit but at times even promote abortion for reasons of convenience or for questionable medical motives,” Benedict said.
The Pope said he was pleased that recent EU rulings banned patenting processes on human embryonic stem cells and condemned prenatal selection on the basis of sex.
The Vatican frequently condemns countries that recognise gay rights.

Bishop Romney is up next ? lol

Whats not to love about stem cell research..................

The researchers, from the University of Pittsburgh,say further research could help us hold off the ageing process altogether.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2081734/Stem-cells-hold-key-stopping-ageing-say-scientists-successful-mouse-trial.html#ixzz1j0LVtNmX

Of course this is going to crimp the style of any death cult

Or this

Worldwide media reports about stem cell therapies are becoming commonplace as stem cell applications are being pursued in diverse areas including cardiology, orthopaedics, oncology and internal medicine. One area in which stem cell technologies are advanced is in the treatment of osteoarthritis in dogs. Statistics show 1 in 5 dogs suffer from osteoarthritis, a chronic, painful and debilitating disease for which there is no known cure.Regeneus, in collaboration with Ku-Ring-Gai Veterinary Hospital, has pioneered a commercial application, which contains adult mesenchymal stem cells and associated cell populations derived from fatty tissue deposits. The procedure, known as AdiCell™, is being utilised to treat dogs with arthritis and is already demonstrating very promising results. AdiCell is a regenerative procedure for arthritic dogs, which utilises the body's own ability to heal itself. This safe technology is being used to heal painful arthritic joints such as knees and hips, and has also been successfully used to treat dogs with hip dysplasia. It has been shown to lessen pain, reduce reliance on medication and improve the general wellbeing of dogs that had previously struggled to walk, run, and get in and out of the car.As the name suggests, AdiCell utilises the dog's own fat cells which carries no risk of rejection.

http://www.ozpets.com.au/articles/498/stemcellprocedurefordogsarthritis.shtml

Now the Pope only mentions human stem cells, presumably its ok to use doggie stem cells to cure dog's. But he wants to block the same beneficial results in human patients ?

One can only surmise they want to keep the franchise on "miracle" cures. Bugger that let science get on with the job of delivering real results, i have no faith in faith healers

This really pisses me off, if people like the pope and his flock dont want to use the treatments, thats fine thats their choice. But dont ever presume to tell me that the research itself is bad.
This is the crux (lol) of the issue raised in this thread, superstition should never be a basis for policy making. NEVER

I've never seen so much meddling in U.S. politics from the outside lol. This just out today in the middle republican primaries... jeesh.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI on Monday warned that liberal family values were threatening the future of humanity, in a veiled reference to homosexual marriage and adoptions by gay couples.
“Policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself,” the pontiff said in a speech at the Vatican.
“The family, based on the marriage of a man and a woman … is not a simple social convention, but rather the fundamental cell of every society,” added the 84-year-old pontiff.
Humanity is also compromised by laws that “not only permit but at times even promote abortion for reasons of convenience or for questionable medical motives,” Benedict said.
The Pope said he was pleased that recent EU rulings banned patenting processes on human embryonic stem cells and condemned prenatal selection on the basis of sex.
The Vatican frequently condemns countries that recognise gay rights.

Bishop Romney is up next ? lol

Wow, its very true though. Isn't it obvious everyone? Come on you married guys, just admit it! If gay marriage is legalized in your locale you will: end your marriage, abandon your family, and immediately marry a man (most likely Tim Tebow). Oh the temptation! Thank you Pope Benedict for ENLIGHTENING me on this matter!

Given the total failure of this Pope and every one that preceded him to protect his flock from his predatory pedophile priesthood, why would anyone give the ridiculously dressed fascist the time of day? Really now.

Back