• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Trumbull County - Police UFO Chase 1994

Free episodes:

uforadio

Paranormal Adept
Dear colleagues.

This is the companion piece to my previous post archived here:
Police Helicopter UFO Chase - Kentucky, 1993

Trumbull County Police UFO Incident from December 1994 was reconstructed in the latest episode of the new SyFy series "Paranormal Witness", aired on October 5, 2011.

Here are the relevant parts of the last episode:

Part 1:

Part 2:

It must be mentioned that police tapes were obtained thanks to late researcher Kenny Young:
Kenny Young Passes

He was also active poster on UFO Updates. His interviews for Errol's "Strange Days Indeed" are available here:
http://tinyurl.com/3zzxprs
http://tinyurl.com/3s2bkj4
http://tinyurl.com/3k7243g

Some pieces of intro for "Strange Day Indeed" also have portions from Trumbull police tapes.

I have also uploaded classic show from my archives with Kenny Young where he also presented Trumbull police tapes. Show is aired on February 26, 1999 and you can get it here:
ADrive | 50GB Free Online Storage, Online Backup, Cloud Storage

I regret that I exchanged only one e-mail with Kenny in the past. When I heard the news about his passing back in 2005 I was shocked.

His web site is archived and now maintained by Sean Feeney. It is available
here:
UFO Research: Cincinnati!

Series is produced for SyFy by production company "Raw TV". Like their previous segment on Kentucky UFO Chase, this piece also has a cinematic style. It reminds me sometimes to awarded documentary "Touching the Void":

Website of Raw TV:
Raw Television
Additional info:
Paranormal Witness

Best Wishes

uforadio
UFOPrintClip Index

You have to wonder why blue/green lights and fire hovering in the sky above a neighborhood is not worthy of immediate serious concern, particularly being located near an airbase. The whole "This is far-fetched." "This is kooky." comments are really amazing. Who knows how many times these sort of thing has happened and been ignored, covered up, and laughed off by the very authorities that should demand proper investigation of the subject. Incredible.

Very interesting case. Up to the point where it zooms off, it could have been some sort of lighter that air transport. But they just don't suddenly accelerate away at high speed. It seems doubtful that we have anything that can do what this object did in complete silence. For the time being, assuming the story is genuine, I would class the object as a genuine UFO ( alien craft ).

NOTE: This sighting would have been a good addition to the UFOs - The Research, The Evidence thread. Not so sure it deserves a whole thread to itself.

Very interesting case.

It is an excellent case.

You have to wonder, "Why so big?" and "What was it doing there?"

Large vehicles that we know of usually carry cargo. What purpose does a football field sized aircraft have? Is it safe to assume that they are transporting either something very large or a bunch of small things? It seems unlikely that it would be strictly a personnel carrier of some kind. Could it function as a mobile facility of some kind such as a hospital or research vessel might? You would think these extremely large (by our standards) craft have some purpose that their great size addresses. I keep coming back to the question of what fills the inside of those things, what their purpose is, and why they make such appearances.

It is an excellent case.

You have to wonder, "Why so big?" and "What was it doing there?"

Large vehicles that we know of usually carry cargo. What purpose does a football field sized aircraft have? Is it safe to assume that they are transporting either something very large or a bunch of small things? It seems unlikely that it would be strictly a personnel carrier of some kind. Could it function as a mobile facility of some kind such as a hospital or research vessel might? You would think these extremely large (by our standards) craft have some purpose that their great size addresses. I keep coming back to the question of what fills the inside of those things, what their purpose is, and why they make such appearances.

Hmm... I'd guess the purpose was data & sample collection. Trying to figure out how to properly cook humans :). No, seriously, those videos were good re-enactments. They had me convinced. Really bright silent lighting, size of a football field, slowly moving over your neighbourhood. Zooms off in a pinch. Definitely aliens.

Hmm... I'd guess the purpose was data & sample collection. Trying to figure out how to properly cook humans :). No, seriously, those videos were good re-enactments. They had me convinced. Really bright silent lighting, size of a football field, slowly moving over your neighbourhood. Zooms off in a pinch. Definitely aliens.

I don't know that it's aliens, but it is most definitely somebody that is highly motivated, in possession of a large budget, and who has a specific purpose in mind. We can laugh and giggle along with the 911 operator but such an intrusion of airspace isn't a joke. It was done for a reason.

I don't know that it's aliens, but it is most definitely somebody that is highly motivated, in possession of a large budget, and who has a specific purpose in mind. We can laugh and giggle along with the 911 operator but such an intrusion of airspace isn't a joke. It was done for a reason.
Well, whatever the 'reason' was, we are not going find it by speculating. Unless you claim to know 'how the aliens think' you cannot possibly guess the reason. It could have been provocation or a friendly 'hello'. The point is it is pointless to speculate on reasons in situations such as this.
And I think I misread your post. Assuming the scenario happened the way it was depicted in the videos, you're not seriously suggesting that it's not aliens. I hope you're not suggesting that a 'foreign' on-world power actually has the capability of silently gliding in ships the size of football fields, with really bright lights, into US airspace, only to silently glide out again at fantastic speed. Because if that's true, I think we have a lot more to worry about than aliens!

...Unless you claim to know 'how the aliens think' you cannot possibly guess the reason. ...you're not seriously suggesting that it's not aliens. ...aliens!

You say it is useless to speculate because you have already figured out it is aliens. From your post I take it you believe there is no other explanation possible. But isn't it reasonable to assume that you have absolutely no real knowledge about aliens, their behavior, or technology whatsoever? Are you suggesting that you know that aliens exist? Are you an aeronautics or military technology analyst with security clearances and therefore have some unusually informed opinion about classified programs as well?

You might as well say it is angels, say you know this simply "because", and be done with it. What further discussion is then necessary or even possible?

I personally have no idea who is behind these things.

However, we can infer some things from the reports using common sense:

1. These things were built by someone for a specific purpose.
2. They are operated at great expense and risk to someone.
3. They require a massive infrastructure to manufacture and operate.
4. These are not casual flights made for trivial reasons.
5. This is serious business for the operators.

If an unknown foreign power (wherever they may be from) does covert overflights of your territory with large cargo bearing vehicles, is it not safe to assume they have a purpose in mind that may not be in your best interests? Doesn't the type of vehicle and its performance characteristics offer some clue as to that purpose? I think it must.

We're playing their game when we are arguing over aliens or what have you. To hell with that. Until we down one, crack it open, and drag them out, it may be more important to wonder what it is they are actually doing here.

...We're playing their game when we are arguing over aliens or what have you. To hell with that. Until we down one, crack it open, and drag them out, it may be more important to wonder what it is they are actually doing here.
I see you're taking a milatiristic view of things, as in 'downing one', 'cracking it open'...Uh, do we really want to go there? If 'they' really have technology to silently glide in football field-sized airships at will, do you really want to start any kind of confrontation? I personally am not looking forward to a 'war of the worlds' scenario, because I don't think earth bacteria would really save our butts like in the movies. So let's just keep our outlook as friendly as possible, because any intelligence with the capabiliaties depicted in those videos has the ability to snuff out humanity's existence with the press of a button.
And no, I do not believe there is a 'secret base' located on this planet earth from which some mysterious 'power' is launching football field-sized airships with no one the wiser. So, like I said, it's gotta be aliens.

No, that was just a figure of speech highlighting our complete ignorance of whether these things are manned by aliens or not. Aggression toward these things is apparently ineffectual. Not considering this as an intrusion by a highly motivated and well funded entity who has specific goals in mind which most likely do not align with our own seems absolutely ridiculous. Sure yeah, they are aliens. What in the hell are aliens anyway? I know, they are fairies, demons, Greys or whatever is in vogue.

Softbeard, I don't think one can automatically reject the possibility that these craft could be 'manufactured' here somewhere. Likely not, based on available evidence, but I can't rule it out, categorically, since we do not have any way of determining what is/has been developed somewhere on earth, by some advanced group of earthly origin. To totally dismiss it would be an overreach to me, and assures that no more energy should be directed to what remains as 'reasonable' an explanation as 'aliens.' If one insisted that it had to be of earth-based human manufacture would be just as unsupportable, based on what we don't​ know.

The whole problem in this thread, along with Ufology as a whole, is that we just don't know anything for sure.
And I do not know how to get those answers. Damned frustrating.

But I do agree with "Why are they here? What are they doing?" sentiments.
Data and sample collections? It takes a floating football field of a craft to do that?

I want to know, more than any other question, Why do "they" not announce their presence to us as a whole? The proverbial "White House lawn landing" scenario,....instead of all this skulking about? Why all the secrecy?

Interesting case... What boggles my mind is trying to decode intent and purpose of these entities.

Best guess would be an observational mission... But then why so up close and personal in such a low density, low value location? They could just scan from space and keep their operations covert.

Maybe they were recovering an item or some alien already on earth called for an interstellar taxi lol

Given the vastness of this universe, it would seem that if these entities are from another world they apparently have vested interests in our solar system and have obviously operated within our airspace for a long time.

Like all the other similar UFO cases, there is very little humans can learn about them until we can shoot one of them down.
Shooting down one of these would indicate that we are starting to understand how they operate and how they are built. Maybe some race sent a drone to remotely test whether we are technologically at par with them.... 1994: obviously not.

After reflexion lol: we should try to shoot them down... that may be the sole purpose of their visit: assess technological level. Can you find a better explanation ? I fast and effective response to this intrusion would be a clear signal to any alien sentient being that we can interfere with their technology.

Catch me if you can. If you catch me then we can start talking or.... we'll know when to send in the troops to exterminate a potential threat. You want disclosure ? destroy the probes !

snomote-probe-droid.jpg

What else would pop up uninvited, and never seek to establish a communication channel. In my books, that kind of behaviour is very condescending and denigrating to humankind... as in we have very little value from their perspective. Thus we can be easily elimited. You don't want to talk... let's get the guns ready ;)

Not considering this as an intrusion by a highly motivated and well funded entity who has specific goals in mind which most likely do not align with our own seems absolutely ridiculous. Sure yeah, they are aliens. What in the hell are aliens anyway? I know, they are fairies, demons, Greys or whatever is in vogue.
Now who is making assumptions? Why assume they are well-funded? Who knows if money means anything to them? The assumption of 'aliens' is a little bit more logic-based. They seem to fly in vehicles coming from 'out there'. They seem to fly their vehicles back into the sky 'out there'. Hence the assumption that they probably come from 'out there', not 'from here'. Anything 'not from here' is alien. Now if we saw their ships coming from underground bases and going back underground, then I'd say there is no reason to call theme 'alien'; maybe they are a life-form indigenous to this plamet. But since they tend to fly back into the sky when they depart, I think there is reason to think of them as aliens.
So, to answer your question, 'aliens', to me, simply means 'off-planet beings'.

If we saw where they came from, it would radically alter the conversation. I see airplanes come down from the sky-should I presume they originated off world? No.Ivan Sanderson's book, Invisible Residents, explores craft reported to come from underwater and sail off into the sky, and vice versa. The technology would suggest that whatever the actual source, we can't match at this point; But the ubiquitousness of the reports all over the globe and through time would suggest that they could be earth-based. What do we know of the prehistory of civilizations that have disappeared in the distant past? We discover structures whose size, location, vexing combinations of extreme weight and precise construction we still can't match,and can only speculate about their purpose. Ancient aliens or ancient humans? Whoever they are they understand how to manipulate earth materials as if it were native to them.

The whole problem in this thread, along with Ufology as a whole, is that we just don't know anything for sure.
And I do not know how to get those answers. Damned frustrating.

But I do agree with "Why are they here? What are they doing?" sentiments.
Data and sample collections? It takes a floating football field of a craft to do that?

I want to know, more than any other question, Why do "they" not announce their presence to us as a whole? The proverbial "White House lawn landing" scenario,....instead of all this skulking about? Why all the secrecy?

This is an idea ive floated before, but its an example of a scenario that might answer the question posed, while fitting the observed nature of the phenomena.
As sentient beings we naturally try and extend lifespans, medical science is a good example.

We currently transplant failed components, ie heart , kidneys etc, but a sufficiently advanced technology would go to the next level, transplant the actual part we are trying to save, ie the conciousness.
Just as we wear out and replace automobiles during the course of our life, transplanting the driver, from vehicle to vehicle as we go.
Any species that do this would have a different view of "life" than we do, inhabiting only a single native bioform would seem as silly as only ever owning one car, and never driving again, once it broke down beyond repair.

It may be that our current model of existance is as alien to them as the idea of only ever owning one car is to us.
If planetary biospheres are conciousness hatcherys, the spawning ground of sentience, then harvesting the product, while leaving the hatchery to do its thing seems logical.
The idea is reflected in the worlds spritual texts, that earthly existance is just the start, that your conciousness is transported intact into a "new body" where it resides in the "heavens" for eternity.
all ive done is replace a supernatural mechanism with a technological/advanced medical one

If thats what is happening here, its a reasonable explanation for non disclosure.

Now who is making assumptions? Why assume they are well-funded? Who knows if money means anything to them?

It would take a great deal of resources to manufacture and operate such a device. Someone would have to have those resources allocated and managed in some manner, that is what I meant by well funded. An economic system of some kind must exist, what form that might take isn't the point.

...'aliens', to me, simply means 'off-planet beings'.

I understand what you're saying. It's as good a term as any I guess. I balk a bit at it now because I see it as such a loaded term. Also, I don't think we should limit our thinking to off-planet beings and I see no reason to rule out human beings. Humans are still number one on my suspect list. Who they are and where they come from is the question.

All I'm saying is that UFOs represent serious efforts made at great risk and expense by someone to perform some function that has been deemed worthy of such measures. The old standards of invasion or scientific exploration don't seem to fit the reports. Whatever it is, apparently it is something that requires extremely large vehicles to operate within the Earth's atmosphere.

I think the behavior of the authorities in the Trumbell case illustrates some of John Alexander's claims about why UFOs are a don't care for the government. No one is asking the right questions.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

I think it means our thoughts, opinions, and anxiety surrounding the subject doesn't matter to them. It doesn't appear to be a consideration.
Open contact, where their identity and purpose is communicated to human society, does not appear to be in the mission profile. This tells me one very important thing. They are not here for the benefit of human society. Whatever that purpose is, it requires the manufacture and operation of gigantic air vehicles. Realistically speaking, the most likely use for these things is the transportation of large quantities of goods of some kind. There is some natural resource on this planet that is being harvested, mined, or somehow otherwise extracted, placed on large highly advanced air craft and taken somewhere else. I think it is inescapable. What is it? Water, minerals, flora or fauna? It seems clear that they are after something and it doesn't require our society's knowledge or consent. To complicate all of that further, you have to wonder about loading operations and where those are being done. You would think we would find evidence of mining operations or whatever is supplying the cargo for these vehicles. What a conundrum. Better to not think about it. Better to be a hard-nosed skeptic who sees a prosaic explanation of misidentification behind all of this. To take this subject seriously is to ask some very disturbing questions and to arrive at an even more disturbing set of possible answers.

We know these things:
1. Unidentified Flying Objects are real.
2. They have been reported throughout human history.
3. They do not require our consent or cooperation for their undertaking.

I think we can assume the following:
1. They are here for a purpose that their mode of operation facilitates.
2. It would behoove us to understand that purpose.

It would take a great deal of resources to manufacture and operate such a device. Someone would have to have those resources allocated and managed in some manner, that is what I meant by well funded. An economic system of some kind must exist, what form that might take isn't the point..
Nope. Don't agree. You're assuming it takes a great deal of resources for them to mount their displays, but it might not at all. For all we know, it could all be just a frivolous experiment to them. They may have vast resources and coming here might be just on a whim, for all we know. My point is you are making implicit assumptions throughout your arguments which are not necessarily true.

Also, I don't think we should limit our thinking to off-planet beings and I see no reason to rule out human beings. Humans are still number one on my suspect list. Who they are and where they come from is the question.
True enough. Humans and other mammals are an ideal species to use as we have evolved over billions of years and are well adapted to this planet.
All I'm saying is that UFOs represent serious efforts made at great risk and expense by someone to perform some function that has been deemed worthy of such measures. The old standards of invasion or scientific exploration don't seem to fit the reports. Whatever it is, apparently it is something that requires extremely large vehicles to operate within the Earth's atmosphere.
Don't agree here. Again, you assume 'great effort and serious risk' but that may not be true at all.
I think the behavior of the authorities in the Trumbell case illustrates some of John Alexander's claims about why UFOs are a don't care for the government. No one is asking the right questions.
They are a don't care because no one knows how to interact with them.

I think it means our thoughts, opinions, and anxiety surrounding the subject doesn't matter to them. It doesn't appear to be a consideration.
Open contact, where their identity and purpose is communicated to human society, does not appear to be in the mission profile. This tells me one very important thing. They are not here for the benefit of human society.
I disagree. Denial of open contact does not lead to the conclusions you are making.

We know these things:
1. Unidentified Flying Objects are real.
2. They have been reported throughout human history.
3. They do not require our consent or cooperation for their undertaking.
1. Yes, there are objects flying around that are unidentified.
2. Agree
3. Agree

I think we can assume the following:
1. They are here for a purpose that their mode of operation facilitates.
2. It would behoove us to understand that purpose.
Now here you've got me confused. What do you mean by 'mode of operation facilitates'.

I think it is completely safe to assume that any large high performance aircraft would be both costly and dangerous to operate, no matter who is behind it. Your assumptions about god-like beings who can twitch their noses and produce football field sized aircraft with large safety margins is based on what I wonder? Wishful thinking? My point is that whoever is behind this is extremely serious and willing to risk treasure and blood in the endeavor, whatever it is.

By "They are here for a purpose that their mode of operation facilitates." I mean that the design and the way the things operate are most likely really good clues as to their intended purpose. The performance characteristics of these aircraft probably give some indication as to their intended purpose in the field.

Large vessels are constructed to hold large objects or large quantities of something. Silent stealthy aircraft are built that way to avoid detection. When we mount an expedition somewhere we take the vehicles that are designed to perform the tasks we require. I think it is safe to assume that is what is happening with this business. Someone has come to town with a specific purpose in mind and they brought the gear to accomplish the task with them. Can we suss out what the purpose might be from what they've brought with them? It appears to be one of the only clues we have.

I think it is completely safe to assume that any large high performance aircraft would be both costly and dangerous to operate, no matter who is behind it. Your assumptions about god-like beings who can twitch their noses and produce football field sized aircraft with large safety margins is based on what I wonder?.
I make no assumptions other than, just by comparison of volumes of this planet versus the universe, chances are that they are extra-terrestial, hence alien. You, however, are making assumptions as in '...completely safe to assume that any large high performance aircraft would be both costly and dangerous to operate...' And here I disagree. I think it is premature to asign any of our terminology as in costly and dangerous to a completely unknown intelligence.
You make assumptions of purpose-built craft, that are supposed to be stealthy and silent, yet huge with very bright lights.
Unfortunatley, you have to face it, we're no further along to figuring things out than we were in the 1950's.

Back