• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Triangular UFO Over Netherlands?

Grifynne

Paranormal Adept
Has anyone else seen this? Apparently this footage was captured a couple days ago (Oct. 29th) in Wormeveer, Netherlands. If you watch between 1:16 and 1:20, it glistens then suddenly jumps a short distance, much the same way it ends up disappearing at the end of the clip.

Any ideas on the validity of this clip and what it might be? It seems to glint at times (or produce some kind of subtle burst of light). Is this total CGI crap or something worth discussing?

At first I thought kite, but then cgi sees most likely after watching its flash jumps. Why no audio reaction from the videographer till the end? Definitely third phase of moon territory.

Last edited:
A comment states that: "Too bad! The weather was totally different in Amsterdam that day."

Most comments seem to consider the video a hoax - I would agree based largely on the silence of the videographer. His silence makes it suspect imo. But also, that he actually pulls out from a close-up rather than zooming in. Likely setting up the 'escape shot'.

I also was noticing the clouds. A comment: "Notice how close the clouds are and how far the craft is. Notice how it's still in front of the clouds. If it weren't for those factors, I would call this somewhat real."

It's only with the 'pull-out' from zoom that it appears the object goes behind clouds - but the object also changes brightness. Very dicey. I wouldn't call it 'somewhat real' - too many problems.

I had an issue with the relationship of the object with the clouds as Well, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Tyger's post summed it up quite well

I'd say it's a hoax, but it doesn't look CGI to me other than the light bursts and blurs. It looks like a projection on plastic or glass. If you look at it, you can see that the object wobbles indepentently of the cloudy sky. And, yes, the camera wobbles, too. The object, though, also wobbles, as if someone couldn't hold it still. That would be my guess for the first minute or whatever, and then someone went back and added a lightbursts and animated the image across the screen with a blur.

I don't think they shot the two piece of footage at once (the cloudy sky and the projection on a clear surface). It looks like they probably shot the reflection against a green screen, then matted it onto the sky. Now, they could have animated the entire thing in whatever software they were using, probably After Effects or Motion, and gave it that wobble, but that seems like an odd decision. It's not a motion [track], as there'd be nothing in the scene to which to attach the object, as the clouds would make for a bad anchor and they're moving.

I'd say, as my best guess, it's two pieces of overlayed footage, one a projection on a glass surface in front of a green screen, with some simple After Effects lightburst and blur effects added during the process.

Last edited:
I think this is pretty much what I was thinking. Someone also pointed out that the camera seems to kind of line up just before the "UFO" makes its sudden jump from right to left (leaving some space so it doesn't fly off frame).

Thanks for all the input everyone. :) Some really well-thought out responses! That's why I love this forum! :D

Back