• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tonight on DMR ...

Last nights show was fun with Ron Collins and Ricky Poole and of course Richard. Topics we hit on included Phil Corso, SETI and Ray Stanford. If you did not catch it, just a suggestion, give it a listen when placed in the archives.

Decker

Today I went looking for some more information on Project Horizon. I found what looks like the complete project proposal.
Project Horizon

As we alluded to on the show, the space program wasn't even in its infancy back then. It makes you wonder, did Kennedy draw on knowledge of this report for his famous 1962 moon speech? You have to realize that at the time this report was written and when Kennedy made his speech, we only had 2 partial successes in space. Pioneer 4 and Ranger 4. All other attempts were complete and disastrous failures. Yet, he declared that we would put a man on the moon in 8 years and he was right.

This report says that the Soviets should have been able to establish a presence on the moon by 1968. You have to admit, this thing is pretty damn prophetic. But, when you take out any historical achievement and read it as it must have been read in 1959-1960, it in it sounds like bad, half assed science fiction. It makes me wonder about how many other successful programs start in this same sort of way.

Don Ecker, I have not seen Stanford's presentation but neither has any of the guys you had on this show. Alternatively, both Chris O'Brien and James Fox have seen the material, of which I am envious.

Here are a couple links to some of his material.

psi-sympap80

psi

Greg Bishop's Radio Misterioso - 2 interviews

Nightsearch - 3 2 hr interviews [this page has 2 Stanford interviews:
Night Search Online Radio by Night Search Radio | BlogTalkRadio
]

Paracast has 3 interviews.

Podcast archives:

Podcast | Podcast UFO - Part 5 [bottom of page, Lambright]

Lambright's ebook X-Descending:

X Descending: two films, advanced technology, and the UFO phenomenon.

Book by Stanford on Socorro:

Socorro "Saucer" in a Pentagon Pantry: Ray Stanford: 9780917092008: Amazon.com: Books:

Leik Myrabo: wikipedia: Leik Myrabo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/book/10.2514/MPLC01 ]

[sixth article on page; Experimental investigation of an electric arc air-spike in Mach 10 flow with preliminary drag measurements; also, MHD results for argon plasma at Mach 14 and 10,600 K with a 10,300 gauss magnetic field; on same page; ]

air spike wind tunnel test:

science1.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/1999/prop16apr99_1/

[science.gov site down temporarily thanks to gov shutdown]

Best regards,
bulk

Last edited:
Back