• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tokyo Sighting

Nina Garfinkel

Skilled Investigator
A friend of mine recently snapped this photo with his iPhone and it was picked up by a major newspaper in Tokyo. Apparently the object was seen by multiple witnesses. The translation sent was near gibberish so if anyone knows Japanese, perhaps they can better translate for anyone interested. TokyoUFO.jpg

I did a Google search and then ran it through Google translate

I take that back it didn't translate in full so i copy and pasted the dialog including comments and opinions
here is the url of the site

スカイツリーに“箱舟UFO”出現

The Tokyo Sky Tree close to the UFO appearance -. Either because Japan high buildings, or because it is emitting radio waves, or probably because many people look up at the sky, New Year 2 days at Sky tree, known for UFO appeared multiple spot (Sumida-ku, Tokyo), "ark UFO "was filmed. 2015 of the early New Year, became a collaboration with Sky tree.

On the right side of the hollow sky tree, is reflected black object. If we expand, extend something like tentacles to the left and right of the object of the rectangle. However, compared to the neighboring sky tree, its size is huge. What looks to tentacles come visible to all that came out of the flying boat (paddle = lower). Speaking of flying ship, Noah's Ark? Or, treasure ship that was carrying the Seven Lucky Gods? I would be up to such auspicious dream.

Was taken It's Mr. elementary school teacher Tracy Sherman of living Tokyo, Minato-ku. Around 1:00 January 2 pm, when he visited the Sky tree called "had reflected a strange flying objects in the photo taken by chance in the smartphone".

Tracy said without anything in the sky at the time of "shooting in this newspaper, look at the images taken, for the first time you noticed was. Anyway special form cares, intended something extraordinary thought? And. Then, variety and research the result, it was probably commented on excitedly as do is "believe or not a UFO.

That time, in its place, such as airships and balloons as "nothing was not flying". Many tourists other than Mr. Tracy has had looked up at the sky tree, people that everyone saw something did not become, nor the commotion. Photo says that it has taken in the smartphone, but "I think the trash was not attached to the lens."

Really, whether such This looks like. Yamaguchi SatoshiTaro Mr. occult to detailed writer also reasoning this way with a surprise.

"Is this eerie object What is the? Thin round object feather, projection, such as a hand, after you have to. Insect that seems to continue to rise while rotating quickly too huge, this cold time of the January this large insects or would have been flying? Actually Sky tree in, I is a UFO prone area "

More than once in the newspaper, has reported a UFO photos reflected in the nearby Sky tree. Last year December 21, at Asakusa Maruberu Hall, when Nobuyuki Yamaguchi Mr. TakeRyo of UFO contactee has made a UFO summoned experiment, even eerie oval UFO to fly next to Sky tree has been taken .

In recent years this form of the UFO, witnessed all over the world such as Germany, there is a shooting cases. However, never like flying ship, it does not seem to be caught as auspicious.

Mr. Yamaguchi is to become the "little care, UFO of this" flying Tetsujin 28 "shape should be called is, you were flying humanoid (human type flying object), is a little eerie. Actually flying humanoid, UMA Alongside with the Mosman (unidentified organisms), it is's the monster that is ominous aura that appear. It is okay and does not occur that spooky in home territory of this Sky tree you are concerned with, but ... ".

Last edited:
A friend of mine recently snapped this photo with his iPhone and it was picked up by a major newspaper in Tokyo. Apparently the object was seen by multiple witnesses. The translation sent was near gibberish so if anyone knows Japanese, perhaps they can better translate for anyone interested. TokyoUFO.jpg

My friend actually sent me this google translation text, but it's so bad it's hard to really know what is being said. I was hoping a more skilled Japanese-English translator might be on the forum and could do better.

Chris, in response here is a copy of the exchange between my friend and myself re his photo. I don't know if it sheds any more light on the sighting. but for what it's worth I am sharing it.

"Dear Nina-chan

I didn't even know that I had taken a picture of anything! I just took a quick snapshot of the Skytree as we were walking by. I didn't see anything or hear anything or notice anything. Who's only when I was looking at the pictures the next day or day after that I noticed it. I first I jokingly said oh it's a UFO, and then we saw the article about UFOs around Tokyo skytree. So I told Mako [my friend's wife] write to the guy and say I have a picture of it, she didn't think anything will come of it but he was very interested and asked a bunch of questions. He asked if there was any dirt on the lens but the photos I took immediately before and after have no dirt or markings on them, it only showed up in that one photo.
Besides reprinting what I told you above, the article says there have been numerous sightings of UFOs around Tokyo sky tree. And they speculate if it's the hight of Skytree or because it's a TV and radio tower transmitter.
Off to work now.

Love,
T-chan

Dear T-chan,

Can you share any details with me about this sighting?
Did you hear any sounds?
Did you see any moving parts?

Are you sure it wasn't a bird or some sort of insect?

I am very interested to know anything you can recall.

The article is hard to understand. The google translation is
nearly useless!

Love,
N-chan"

Fuzzy ambiguous black spots on photos aren't UFOs. It's probably a piece of lint or other debris on or near the lens, and it's obviously been exploited to sell some papers. BTW there are bugs around even in winter that could have gotten onto the glass. Like here in Calgary it's mid-winter and the students hang out at the Starbucks inside the Indigo bookstore. They sell food including muffins and treats from inside a glass display cabinet, and I see bugs in there regularly ( sorry to ruin it for you Starbucks fans ). Plus I've seen them flying around landing on stuff outside the cabinets. Buddy could have put his phone down while hanging out in a restaraunt or coffee shop, had some bug land on it, when he wasn't looking that got squished onto the glass. Who knows? It's more plausible that Aliens from the Pleiades.

Last edited:
Agreed about fuzzy black spots. However, no one is claiming "aliens from the Pleiades," but merely what it appears to be: unidentified, airborne, and an object. The designation UFO only serves to indicate what it is not, not what it is. All the rest is speculation. Many of us love a mystery, which is why I suspect many of us listen to the show and post to this forum.

Back