• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thought of why younger folk aren't...

Mr. Fibuli

Paranormal Adept
I was thinking about the recurring topic I've heard on the paracast about younger people not attending conferences etc.
While I'm not exactly young at 40 years old, I am, however, a bot of a late bloomer and Abig kid. I don't make much money AT ALL.
Basically my theory is that disenfranchisement of younger generations is possibly more of a factor than lack of interest.
Just a theory.
PS I do work an awful lot.

I don't have children but my 16yr old nephew shares my paranormal interest.When I ask him about this, he says a few of his peers have an interest but the vast majority are more concerned with celebrities and social media.
The young have a lot more distractions than I had so their imagination revolves around tv and computers not looking up into the sky and wondering!.

My nieces and nephews are all in their late twenties and early thirties. To a person their interests are: career, hanging out with friends, travel, and staring at their smartphones. All of them have professional careers with disposable income. I can tell you that UFOs and aliens don't make the list of interests.

Back