• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This week will be a Gene & Chris Talk Shop episode" Questions?

Are there any plans to have some of the more controversial characters of Ufology on the show . I'm talking about a possible return from Greer, and maybe Whitley Streiber and Dickie Hoagland? I'd love to hear this trio answer some of the hard questions. I feel that people like Greer have been given free reign to just run amok with his ego lately. I mean his movie Sirius was just another 'look at me, I'm wonderful' project which did NOTHING to help the mystery of Ufology. I would love the both of you to take these guys to task.

Are there any plans to have some of the more controversial characters of Ufology on the show . I'm talking about a possible return from Greer, and maybe Whitley Streiber and Dickie Hoagland?
Whitley has been ducking us for years and Greer probably would say no. Hoagland? That's up to Gene. Thumbs down from me (I'd rather not give the guy any airtime to promote his latest "theory"), but again it would up to Gene. We've also tried to get Andrew Basagio, Tony Bragalia, and others but I think our reputation keeps some people from saying "yes" to an invite.

I think Jim Marrs as a guest would be a hoot!
I don't know if you guys ever discussed this angle but I would love to hear you folks chat about all of these ufo shows and documentaries and youtube uploads.... which ones are good? And, maybe, the overriding question is - where did we go wrong?
And I claim to be a christian and live by christian beliefs but what do you think of the debunking documentaries from the fundamentalist viewpoint. Where everything is blamed on demons. I, myself, think it is fear. The people who produce them are afraid. Of what? I don't know.

Thanks Chris. Yes..many of these characters are a tad scared of REAL questions methinks....:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

piggy-backing on last weeks episode, I would love to hear Gene and Chris discuss any first-hand experiences they have had with regression hypnosis, and how they feel about it, or how they think it works.

I would love for gene and chris to discuss two cases:
Have you ever heard of the"Friendship"UFO tall white alien case out of Chile in 1984 and what do you make of it?
What's your opinion of the Colares Brazil Chupa Ufo case and do you believe the victims were really hurt by the UFO?
lastly, do you think you can have Bill Birnes on to discuss how he could let UFO magazine go under because of default when he is a publisher and attorney by trade?

thank you

1. Why are researchers not eager to share their data? I've heard this from Ted Phillips, Ray Stanford, Derrel Simms, Dr. Roger Lier and several others. It seems like they're going about it the wrong way and progress won't be made if they're the only ones who have the evidence.

2. Has Ted Phillip's cave in the Balkans containing some kind of alien technology ever been found?

3. What is your opinion on the moon landings? I've heard someone say that the first moon landing couldn't have happened, but others did happen (something to do with the wrong door size on the LEM or problems with the space suits, but am not sure). I haven't researched this, so I'm assuming we landed on the moon, but I'd like to know your opinions on this.

4. Are there any alien abduction reports today or are "they" done with this type of interaction with us?

5. Chris, what did the aliens who you saw look like? Did you get any telepathic information from them? (you may have gone over this in some show, but I don't know if I saw it).

6. What do you think of those Ben Rich comments he made? Were they jokes, real, or disinformation?

If you have time in the show or in the forum, perhaps you can shed light on some anomalous incidents my wife had:

The Disheveled Sad Clown (~ Age 4-5)
She would see a raggedy disheveled clown in ripped up clown gear and street makeup every single time a newscaster would say on the TV: "We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a special news bulletin...".

The clown would have an incredibly sad expression, wouldn't move and was positioned in the other room about 20 feet away. Light would shine on him making him quite visible. She would feel his presence in several places throughout the house, but the times the announcement would be broadcast were the only times she would see him. She insists that this is no dream or product of childhood imagination, but very real. Various violent things happened in and around the house and her parents finally sold it.

UFO Over Bronx County Courthouse (~ Age 15)

She was sitting on her bed with her friend when they both saw this large silent disc shaped object hovering over, and covering the entire roof of the Bronx Country Courthouse in New York City. She described it as "huge" with many multicolored lights. It hovered for a few seconds and vanished. This was before Close Encounter of the Third Kind, so she wasn't influenced by that film.

Mysterious Precognitive Dream (~ Age 17)
She woke up from a strange dream at around 3:00 AM. In the dream, there was a phone number written on a piece of paper, and the word "Callucho" next to it. She didn't know what that word meant and couldn't find any meaningful anagram.

The next day in the afternoon, she called the number and a deep man's voice answered "Hello?". In response, she oddly asked "Who is this?" The man responded and said "It's 3 o'clock in the morning. Callucho." She was shocked and hung up the phone.

Saved by Unknown Force (~Age 22)
She was at the 155th St. Bridge and thought the light had changed to green. She started walking and turned to see incoming traffic simultaneously hearing her friend call out in alarm. Before she knew what happened, she was on the other side of the street. She felt as though something lifted her to safety. Her friend, who thought she would be killed, didn't see or understand how she got to the other side of the street.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Whats the reality of getting a decent convention together? You could make it commercial by having fight club debates, e.g.. '..Talking the Herd Chris O'Brien Vs Linda Mouldy Cow ".
it would be nice to have a really top class state of the union address about the field of UFOs, laying out the various claims and problems, key cases etc.. top this off with the earth shattering evidence we've been waiting for from you know who, and bob's your uncle.

seriously, any progress with this, i understand its money and time.

Chris, what has the Trickster been up too lately? Any strange things going on in your area? Do you still get out and investigate or are you planning to now that STH is finished?

If you have time in the show or in the forum, perhaps you can shed light on some anomalous incidents my wife had:

The Disheveled Sad Clown (~ Age 4-5)
She would see a raggedy disheveled clown in ripped up clown gear and street makeup every single time a newscaster would say on the TV: "We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a special news bulletin...".

The clown would have an incredibly sad expression, wouldn't move and was positioned in the other room about 20 feet away. Light would shine on him making him quite visible. She would feel his presence in several places throughout the house, but the times the announcement would be broadcast were the only times she would see him. She insists that this is no dream or product of childhood imagination, but very real. Various violent things happened in and around the house and her parents finally sold it.
UFO Over Bronx County Courthouse (~ Age 15)
She was sitting on her bed with her friend when they both saw this large silent disc shaped object hovering over, and covering the entire roof of the Bronx Country Courthouse in New York City. She described it as "huge" with many multicolored lights. It hovered for a few seconds and vanished. This was before Close Encounter of the Third Kind, so she wasn't influenced by that film.

Mysterious Precognitive Dream (~ Age 17)
She woke up from a strange dream at around 3:00 AM. In the dream, there was a phone number written on a piece of paper, and the word "Callucho" next to it. She didn't know what that word meant and couldn't find any meaningful anagram.

The next day in the afternoon, she called the number and a deep man's voice answered "Hello?". In response, she oddly asked "Who is this?" The man responded and said "It's 3 o'clock in the morning. Callucho." She was shocked and hung up the phone.

Saved by Unknown Force (~Age 22)
She was at the 155th St. Bridge and thought the light had changed to green. She started walking and turned to see incoming traffic simultaneously hearing her friend call out in alarm. Before she knew what happened, she was on the other side of the street. She felt as though something lifted her to safety. Her friend, who thought she would be killed, didn't see or understand how she got to the other side of the street.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

you need to kick her into touch m8, she is barmy.
[see below for context]

:)

1) No hemming or hawing: are alien abductions actually happening and please explain your thinking on this subject? I would really like to hear your individual opinions about the infamous Linda Cortile case that was hotly contested in the ufological community. Where do you two stand on this one?

2) Chris, you get critiqued a lot in the forums as being too eager to believe or for just being plain gullible. Where do you actually stand on the UFO phenomenon in terms of ETH, ultraterrestrial, inter-dimensional etc.? How about you Gene?

3) Describe some of the challenges in interviewing people you personally know when it comes to being critical of them?

4) What are your top three favourite UFO stories or incidents and why? It would be great to hear you mention not necessarily what you feel are the most important or famous cases but cases that really intrigue you.

What famous UFO cases do you think were hoaxes.

Who in the field do you two think are doing good work.

Who in the field do you think are a fraud.

What books that have come in the last 5 years you think are good (and Chris I have two of your books).

lastly, do you think you can have Bill Birnes on to discuss how he could let UFO magazine go under because of default when he is a publisher and attorney by trade?

This has been covered in detail elsewhere in the Paracast Forums by Bill and Nancy Birnes themselves so the short answer is the owner of the magazine instructed them to stop publishing.

For each of you, what do you feel is the single best UFO/Alien encounter experience or piece of evidence you are aware of that verifies, in your opinion, that this phenomena is real? Also, Chris' books aside, what do you each think is the best book in the UFO field based on content and credibility of the author? Thank you.

I would like Chris to explain, after all the first hand experiences he has had with the paranormal; what exactly he thinks is going on regarding mankind and reality. I know that sounds complicated but answer in any terms you like. We all know Chris has had first had experiences with the unexplained and he is also a meticulous respected researcher. So I'd like to know what his bottom line is.

Back