• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This week on the Paracast: Philip J. Imbrogno 9/7/08

OK, 3 cases immediately come to mind when watching this program.
The Hudson Valley sightings
The Phoenix lights
The Texas sigtings late last year

In each case there seems to be two different events.
One initial case where witnesses see an obvious craft with lights, then a follow up case where witnesses just see a group of lights without any real discernable structured craft.
It sure does lead to speculation of the second sightings being perpetrated by "someones" wanting to cover up or muddy up the event and cause confusion.

Great show as usual, lines of discussion that were really interesting.
i liked the chanelling discussions, i once read a book called conversations with peter (peter being the alien) that was really interesting, the auther i cant recall other than she was a little old lady, but the questions and answers documented were both bizzare and life changing, and also simple and obvious....
anyway one of the things i remember (book was on lone) was a reference to gene rodenberry who according to "peter" visited a chaneler near where he lived and was in contact with "them" or rather the UFP....... seems a lot of star trek is "real life", at least according to peter who also used the word "gardeners" as best to describe what and why they are here.
it can be a fascinating aspect of the UFO question indeed.

i was also interested in the mention of magnetic rock, i recently phoned the local TV repair man a week after a storm took out the downstairs TV.
as soon as i mentioned lightning he told me the suburb and street i lived in, reckoned he must have every TV on the street with mine.
we live over a ridge of ironstone it turns out and lightning loves us.
funny enough soon after moving in here my wife exhibits what i can only describe as sleep walking or trance in the middle of the night, and when i asked her what was happening she would only mutter channeling... people channeling, and insist i "knew" , you know chaneling, people.
no recollection once she was "woken".

and i have keyboard downstairs and cant read a note of music, but i play it, copying songs from ear or just making "bouncy noise" in patterns and cascades that please my ear, sometimes it seems like im not the source of the "music", i dont seem to be using any concious control, dont even look at the keyboard, i get in this detached state where i stare out the window into the landscape beyond, and the noise just auto generates, im aware of hearing it but not playing it, a sort of musical meditation.
i always come away from these states feeling energised as if ive been at some font of creative energy

as you can see this one has struck a few chords with me, i suppose it falls into that "high strangness" folder.

one thing that did keep me thinking all afternoon was the reality that whoever whatever is behind the UFO question has chosen not to blatently reveal themselves, its all tease. and that must mean something, whether is one unclassified race of ufo pilots or hundreds....
no one has landed on the lawn of any obvious human settlement and stayed there as per the day the earth stood still.

there here, but they havent done that, if we accept just these 2 facts alone, thats a very interesting why ?.
and we humans love an interesting why ?

Yea - yea , I have never heard of this guy before. He started off with a story of some guy looking at Roswell material who by picking up a piece could tell it was amazing super strong metal. Please. Next could tell by a flashing led that it was transmitting in the ghz range, this is in a tent. His words "What he saw that day in that tent." after listening to that I tought he better increase his fruit loops dose in the morning.

Really good show this week. I too am really looking forward to hearing this music, so David will you post it online once its digitised?

Also David - or anyone - is that picture of the flying disc from the book online anywhere that you know of?

Yea - yea , I have never heard of this guy before. He started off with a story of some guy looking at Roswell material who by picking up a piece could tell it was amazing super strong metal. Please. Next could tell by a flashing led that it was transmitting in the ghz range, this is in a tent. His words "What he saw that day in that tent." after listening to that I tought he better increase his fruit loops dose in the morning.

I was extremely skeptical from the off aswell and thought that this wasnt going to be a particularly good paracast episode. It got a lot more interesting towards the second half however and I felt he came off looking slightly more credible as things went on.
Is the photo from the book that David said was similar to the one he saw in the 70's on the web anywhere? does anyone have the link?
Also, its seems that everyone in the UFO field seems to be linking the multiple dimensions of string/M theory to UFO's and saying how the two link up. However I think there is a problem with this, because as far as I understand it (and i'm no expert), the multiple dimensions of these theories only exist at the microscopic levels, hence why they effect things at the quantum level. This doesnt leave much room for UFO's unless they are extremely small ones!!
Brian Green likens it to an ant on a piece of string or cable. When we look down on the ant and string, we see two dimensions (left to right, and top to bottom). You could possibly say 3 dimensions with up and down (towards the viewpoint).
However the ant not only has these dimensions, but also has the curved dimension of the string or cable, and can walk around it and go out of our field of view (when it is underneath).

As far as I am aware, thats how the dimensions in the theory work, there are the dimensions we see, then lots of microscopic ones. The whole point these tiny dimensions were thrown in was so that we could unify the theories between the large world that we see, and the quantum world.

I'm not sure its possible to hijack the theory for multidimensional travel. But i suppose it depends how we define dimensions and I know Gene (or David) did touch on that in the show.

I'm halfway though the show, really enjoying it so far many interesting things being discussed.

David's biggest contribution to my personal research of this is his promotion of Jose Arigo. I was really facinated by any talk about the Fuller book. After reading the book I was so blown away I ordered a copy for my brother who is a nuts and bolts kidney doctor who thinks the paranormal is crap. But Arigo's case is really hard to argue and it brings up so many questions, like if Jesus were alive today would he be arrested for healing without a license?? I still can't believe Hollywood has dropped the ball on a movie about him. Maybe instead of funding a remake of some shitty 1970's TV show they should make a movie about a modern day biblical figure, son of a B!

I also liked the short discussion on the Jins. My friend is Muslim and was telling me about the Jins and basically Jeff Rittzman's experience in his driving to Ocean City after being detoured to Ohio, sounds exactly how Jins are described which as Phil pointed out, also correlates to Native American beliefs. My friend describes them as beings that can see us but we can't see them unless they want us to, kind of like overlapping dimensions but they are privy to both our dimension and their own so they have the ability to manipulate us.

I think all of this stuff ties together and I think the ETH is way too limited. We are dealing with a phenomena which is outside of our current perception capabilities. I hope I get some more answers in the afterlife or I'm going to be really bummed out!

This week on the Paracast: Philip J. Imbrogno 9/7/08 (Govt Monitoring)

While your basic statements about all emails, phone calls, and such being actively scanned and monitored by government and private entities are based on some truth, they suggest a situation that simply does not exist.

There is not enough computing power to actually scan or monitor all that data. What does happen is random checking and scanning for certain patterns, both in usage and in content. The police can't stop every single car and check them all during a DUI check, but they do pull random cars and do look for patterns and clues...same thing.

As for Skype, how on earth is Skype any more or less secure than any other encrypted traffic using the same algorithms and key size???

I'm a software engineer, work with GIS mapping, satellite tracking, and IP traffic pattern recognition, and use encryption every day - otherwise I would not comment on this at all. I just don't like it when people blurt out half-truths and misleading statements that get others all riled up and paranoid. Yes, we should be careful how we use the Internet and any other communications, but you are more likely to get nabbed, scammed, or otherwise pegged via very analog and simple means any day of the week. :cool:

- Sure, you placed that online order via SSL to a seemingly reputable vendor, but some schmuck at the fulfillment warehouse puts actual order details w/ card numbers and names into a folder, which gets tossed in the trash. Goldmine.

- Smart spies, governmental and corporate, frequent restaurants, bars, clubs, fitness joints, and such near their targets and wait for employees or principals to start talking to each other in hopes of picking up juicy information.

- Spyware is one of the most effective means of getting information these days. All this talk of brute force monitoring of packet traffic is very sketchy and won't yield much useful information, but getting once simpleton at ACME Industries to click on something and install your little payload is golden. Now your little program is inside ACME and is forwarding all the schmuck's email back to you. THIS is how it works, more often than not.

This week on the Paracast: Philip J. Imbrogno 9/7/08 (NUCULI????)

What's a Hydrogen Nuke-you'll-eye? I want one.

Okay. I'm just about through the show.

1) Pretty good show, interesting stories about Dean Fagerstrom, but I want more detailed information and some links to the music, etc.

2) Oh man, I'm starting to sense the vagueness of things in Imbrogno's stories. It's always "some guy" who "knows all about music" and "is a professor somewhere" that irrefutably proves it was Liszt music. We never get an actual name. All I want is some real investigative data, not hearsay. Let's do this at least as well as a P.I. or Police Detective would look into something. I appreciate you getting him to promise to send a cassette to David and am looking forward to hearing it. Some questions:

- Are there any photos of the house, piano, recording equipment?
- Any records of his lottery wins and the supposed formula he used?

Holy Snikies! That was some killer stuff at the end about Dean Fagerstrom, wow.

Hopefully we can get some more info/specifics as digigeek suggests and see if it checks out. I have a feeling it will check out since I've come to expect some of the highly strange stuff to be legit (Arigo, Dorothly Izzatt) but of course it could be bogus as well because this space is so cluttered with crap.

Beings with Dungeons and Dragons names channeling a reluctant night watchmen to both create schematics of futuristic crystal technology and play unreleased classical music from a famous composor that is supposed to open up our consciousness all subsidized by a formula that allows the nightwatchmen to win the lottery, but only to buy items on behalf of the beings on the other side?????????????? Are you kidding me? Wild stuff, I hope we can get some more corroboration from Phil on this.

It did sound like Phil took the schematic stuff to people at MIT and they didn't know what to think of it, so he did follow up with the right people on that. Regarding the music, it would be cool if the Paracast can do some follow up and see what they find and it would be really cool to find some corroboration that Dean has actually won the lottery several times. If the guy is 5 for 5 on winning the lottery that's pretty amazing just by itself!

Can't wait to hear the music although I don't know anything about classical music. I may have to go get a copy of Phil's book on Amazon and read up on this more.

I enjoyed this show.

I lost respect for Hynek way back when I found out he was the father of the Swamp Gas BS. He proved he was bought back then.

I enjoyed this show.

I lost respect for Hynek way back when I found out he was the father of the Swamp Gas BS. He proved he was bought back then.
He said he was kinda pushed to giving a conclusion, and regretted it later on.

But after listening to what Imbrogno said about Hynek's dependence on a government pension, I'm concerned, very concerned.

Where can I find the photo of the UFO David thought was interesting? He mentioned it was in Phil's book—is it online as well?

He said he was kinda pushed to giving a conclusion, and regretted it later on.

But after listening to what Imbrogno said about Hynek's dependence on a government pension, I'm concerned, very concerned.

Yeah, I'm aware of Hynek's excuse. But he still worked for them even after seeing how it was just a PR stunt. He sold out in my view. I'm not annoyed at others who hold him in high esteem. I'm just kinda like, "meh" when it comes to him. He's done some good of course. I don't deny this.

Another installment of the Ramblecast! The show where people talk about stuff... and things... just reach in the hat...

David is seriously going to have this guy send him 1 of only 2 cassette tapes he has through the mail to digitize... AFTER THEY TALKED ABOUT HOW THE GOVERNMENT IS SNOOPING ON US AND INTERCEPTING THINGS?????

Are you freaking serious?

If I were Mr. Government, I would sure want a cassette tape with possible channeled music from another dimension designed to alter people's minds!!!!!

Dave, hope you get the freakin thing.
If it goes missing in the mail you both need to be flogged.
Same goes if it arrives and its been erased.

Personally, I think it's a stupid thing to mess with.
I mean, what the hell... it's already a weird story.
Hope David doesn't put the freaking thing on his ipod and get turned into a turnip or a babbling serial channeler.

I mean, I like Gene, but the show needs David... IN HIS RIGHT MIND.

This week on the Paracast: Philip J. Imbrogno 9/7/08 (Govt Monitoring)

While your basic statements about all emails, phone calls, and such being actively scanned and monitored by government and private entities are based on some truth, they suggest a situation that simply does not exist.

I'm also an IT professional. Haven't you heard of the line eater? If not, you need to look it up. Everything David said about all traffic being monitored is absolutely true, and it's been a fact since before 99%+ of the people who are currently using the Internet even knew what e-mail or the web is. Let's stop for a moment and define exactly what it is that we're talking about here: The Internet... Fact: The Internet is a military product which has been ported for use in international commerce and communications. We civilians are actually just borrowing the pipes.

Good show. Some interesting topics came up. Not so sure about people playing music through channeling, etc. I'd say that's bogus for the most part. Basically, some people are just musically gifted. How they express themselves, the unique manner in which they create, that's sometimes eccentric in nature. So? I play guitar, and mostly learned by ear. I've been doing it a long, long time (over 30 years) so I have some idea what I'm talking about. Sometimes I pick up the guitar, and I start playing something, and I "feel" that it's - er, how do I say this - not coming from me. It's as if I'm invoking someone else. Hmm, come to think of it, maybe I'm wrong about that channeling thing. One time it happened with Hendrix, and I played like a God for an hour. Sorry, didn't tape it. But I'm being serious. Seriously. I played WICKED. Maybe one day he'll offer more lessons...

In re to the whole Roswell thing, I say, fuck it. Just let the chips fall where they may. Talk about it, don't talk about it. Who cares? If someone has something interesting to add, let them add it. It's old. It's redundant. On the other hand, it's a serious and historical cornerstone in UFO history, and they'll be talking about it hundreds, thousands of years from now. So why not?

But it's Rod "SERLING", not Sterling.

Back