• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Think and Grow Rich with the Paracast - Nov 2nd 2008

Free episodes:

Do you think we should tell Tim Beckley to get lost?

• Yes, get rid of him and help the reputation of the show

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No, keep him and drag the show down

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
At one point in the show I recall he bluntly stated he is publishing a book about someone who claims they are an experiencer but he's not really sure they are legit? And then at one point David was pointing out in the background that some photos that he was discussing were totally fake. So regardless of his personal attributes he seems to be publishing stuff in this space that is admittedly likely very sketchy and not helping get to the truth or gain credibility which seems very much at odds with David's motivations, so i can see where David is coming from just in regards to the show (doesn't mean he hasn't done good work before or isn't an interesting person though).

I just want to say that even though David thinks it was a stinkbomb, I really enjoyed this show. I always enjoy the interaction when Jeremy or Jeff Ritzmann is on the show. Hearing you all laugh and joke around is a joy. I had to laugh when David and Jeremy got Gene all "riled" up trying to stop them from talking about the lesbian vampires...:)

I am not sure what to think about Beckley. It is very true that we live in a society that revolves around money and entertainment. When they are not at work (and sometimes when they are)most people in the US want mind numbing, instant entertainment gratification. They don't care about discovering truth, because they don't really want to have to think and make their own decisions. They want dancing, singing monkeys with lipstick(or pigs....). Beckley obviously knows that, and from what David infers, he IS that. He is, obviously, about the money. But, I don't think he tries to hide that fact. I could be wrong, but from what I heard on the show, he seemed pretty straightforward about it. It is not like he is one of those guys who makes these abduction stories up and says he has an alien trapped in his garage. You were trying to understand why there weren't as many people at the conference, and he was trying to give you his version of why. I'm not saying whether this is good or bad. Just pointing out that fact. Whether he would be a good choice to keep around, I don't know. Probably not when you are discussing issues that do not have to do with promotion.

Personally, I REALLY wanted to go the the Conference. In my case, it was definitely the economy. Money is tight, and gas was sky high (long drive from FL)-I honestly tried to figure out where I could come up with the money, but just couldn't swing it. I am sad that I missed out. If it had been closer to home I absolutely would not have missed it. But even though I didn't go, I truly appreciate the effort that Jeremy put into getting it all together. Hopefully next time I will be in a better financial position and be able to attend.

I am also looking forward to seeing Jeremy's movie-it looks hilarious!

Anyway, just wanted to add my 2 cents for what it's worth (probably less than a cent in this economy)

i too enjoyed the episode, and many of the ideas that got floated.
espicially the comment related to "just one person".
you'll probably touch many more than that, and may not even see "the hundredth monkey", but its shows and forums like this that create just that opportunity.

everything happens for a reason.
at a human level sometimes it seems like the happening and the reason why ,dont occur at the same time. the smaller crowds may have been what encouraged "that one person" to actually enter and find you,where a large turnout of people looking for entertainment would have put them off.....

and i dont think you can truly put a value on knowledge, and im sure everyone involved walked away with some of that of one variety or another

I just listened to the entire two hours knowing in advance that David was pissed off at Beckley (who has been on twice before), so I was just waiting for a blow-up or something truly nasty to happen, but it never did. There was one minor testy exchange toward the beginning of the broadcast which didn't go anywhere. After that Beckley did his share of the talking, but nothing very controversial (or useful either, I must say). I had thought at first he might try to dominate the discussion, but that didn't happen either. It was more like a roundtable between four people who all had a chance to contribute. All in all it was a fairly calm show and even lighthearted at moments.

Beckley labeling himself 'Mr. UFO' is a bit pretentious, but there is no denying that he has been 'in the field' as long as anyone. I don't see him as a useful contributor to the field the way Dolan or Vallee are, but certainly he shares the interests and experiences of many of us, including our hosts. He knows some history and in any history of the UFO field, he's earned a place in it, however minor.

Given the evidence of the show itself I think this negative reaction is way over the top and unjustified. I don't want to listen to this guy next month again or anything, but he hasn't done anything terrible and should not be banned. The show itself wasn't the most exciting show of the series, but it was a good, solid show and I encourage everyone to listen in. Thank you for providing it.

I would also agree that the reaction seems waaaay over the top. Are you sure you didn't listen to the Paula episode again by mistake, David?

Sure, Beckly's dry as day-old toast but he's not a bad guy, he's just a bad guest.

Otherwise I found the recap of the COC fest interesting. Nailing Simone like that was a stroke of inspired madness. I think the general assesment that seems to have been reached is thoroughly accurate, ie that people are coming to these things as an entertainment venue, so your audience is guaranteed to be an odd mix of the hardcore and the merely curious. Which, considering the "fringe" nature of the subject matter, shouldn't be all that suprising.

The most important question I have regarding this episode is this: What's the deal with lesbian vampires? I mean are they vampires who were lesbians before they turned or are they vampires who feed exclusively ON lesbians or what?

I would also agree that the reaction seems waaaay over the top. Are you sure you didn't listen to the Paula episode again by mistake, David?

Sure, Beckly's dry as day-old toast but he's not a bad guy, he's just a bad guest.

Otherwise I found the recap of the COC fest interesting. Nailing Simone like that was a stroke of inspired madness. I think the general assesment that seems to have been reached is thoroughly accurate, ie that people are coming to these things as an entertainment venue, so your audience is guaranteed to be an odd mix of the hardcore and the merely curious. Which, considering the "fringe" nature of the subject matter, shouldn't be all that suprising.

The most important question I have regarding this episode is this: What's the deal with lesbian vampires? I mean are they vampires who were lesbians before they turned or are they vampires who feed exclusively ON lesbians or what?

Capn, David is clearly reacting to other factors that we arent privy to. Not the show, which was somewhat regular and ordinary:D

Capn, David is clearly reacting to other factors that we arent privy to. Not the show, which was somewhat regular and ordinary:D

Then it seems even stranger to have us vote on his status...

And it still doesn't answer my question about lesbian vampires! Inquiring minds want to know! Inquiring, filthy minds...

And it still doesn't answer my question about lesbian vampires! Inquiring minds want to know! Inquiring, filthy minds...
Since you asked. Tim, courtesy of his "Mr. Creepo" guise, produces sort-core horror videos. Probably also soft in terms of quality and plot. No, I've never seen one, and I hope I never will. :D

Since you asked. Tim, courtesy of his "Mr. Creepo" guise, produces sort-core horror videos. Probably also soft in terms of quality and plot. No, I've never seen one, and I hope I never will. :D

That much I gathered. My main question was back up a couple posts.

Well, I only listened to half the show so far, it didn't keep my interest, sorry. Usually shows dealing with conferences don't interest me. On other programs at least, I'm not speaking about here except for the recent show.

I think David's previous encounters with Tim must have colored how he perceived him this show. I do not know the details. Maybe David is right, but I am just ignorant to what has happened in the past.

I was wrong in assuming I would vote. I don't ultimately have a preference if he comes back on or not. I didn't find him interesting, but I didn't find him to be anything to blacklist either. But, if David has a problem with him, that should be taken into consideration imo. There's loads of interesting people to have on other than Tim I reason. I certainly won't miss him, but from what I've heard I can't vote against the guy. Maybe I'll learn to hate him, or like him. Til then no vote from me.

Was it Gareth that made the poll? I didn't notice it the first time I read it.

I finally finished the show this morning. I have to say its the first episode of the paracast that didnt keep my interest with the exception of one of the earlier episodes where right from the word go some guy launched into a ten minute plug for his latest book or something before even discussing what he was here for..... i turned it off immediately.
As for the recent episode... it was ok, but it didnt really grip me for some reason, nothing new was really discussed. Mr Ufo seems like a nice old guy ,and is quite funny is just another one of the old school Ufologists who havent really added much to the subject in 30 years or so, mainly because they keep going on about old cases which have often been proved as hoaxes or suchlike.
I liked the stuff about the culture of contact, and Davids impresions made me laugh, but all this could have been condensed into 1 hour to leave room for something else.

I hope to star in one someday. Crap, it's too late to be in this one:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PUNK ROCK ZOMBIE KUNG FU CATFIGHT
The new feature-length comedy rockumentary/horror/sci-fi
anti-Bush underground girlfight
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
punk rock/metal/anti-metal
movie by Peter Bernard
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Running Time: 92 minutes, DVD Format

[/FONT]​

I'd rather not comment on a guy or vote in a poll when i don't know why he is considered a liability.
David and many others know this guy more than i do.
But i was kind of stunned by beckley's comment on Roswell!! That somehow, if there was a crashed ufo at roswell, later on the ufo would put away into a hangar, and just left there untouched unil the present day, that comment seemed stupid at best.

But i was kind of stunned by beckley's comment on Roswell!! That somehow, if there was a crashed ufo at roswell, later on the ufo would put away into a hangar, and just left there untouched unil the present day, that comment seemed stupid at best.

I think its high possibility actually. Ive heard it before too.

It depends on a number of factors. Assuming that a craft did crash and it was recovered by the US Military... they could have studied it and attempted to reverse engineer it. They may have been completely clueless as to what it was and how it worked. In both those cases its possible that the thing could now be sitting in a hangar out of the way with a huge tarp over it.

Maybe theyve recovered craft from other crashes and they dont need to study the Roswell craft any more. Theres a few scenarios that could result in the craft lying dormant in an out of the way hangar.

I think its high possibility actually. Ive heard it before too.

It depends on a number of factors. Assuming that a craft did crash and it was recovered by the US Military... they could have studied it and attempted to reverse engineer it. They may have been completely clueless as to what it was and how it worked. In both those cases its possible that the thing could now be sitting in a hangar out of the way with a huge tarp over it.

Maybe theyve recovered craft from other crashes and they dont need to study the Roswell craft any more. Theres a few scenarios that could result in the craft lying dormant in an out of the way hangar.

Nay i cant believe they would just give up on something that came from a different place, either on our planet, from our future, space or a dimension. It doesnt seem realistic!! i think they probably have set up a research centre somewhere on this planet to study this phenomen, and what ever group holds a craft, if any, are still studying it.

They could have broken down the craft and used parts to produce different products so they might have no working craft,and if they got it working they probably make there own versions along side that.
Goverments like the human grown stuff i guess it would give them a badge of honour being able to produce a craft based on ufo technology.

sorry gareth i dont understand your logic no matter how many craft you find it still "alien"
So why would any goverment not study or use that technology too

I"ve heard Beckley on previous episodes and had started to get an impression for what he's about. After listening to this last show, I am only further convinced. Beckley always comes off to me as someone who isn't really interested in finding out what all this UFO/Paranormal stuff is about. He almost seems to revel in it's insanity. He has always seemed more interested in continuing to publish his mags and books as if that's his passion. I don't really have an opinion on whether the stuff he writes is credible. I just think his interests and motivations are a bit different from those of the Paracast.

But I have to say, in previous episodes he has made some occasional thought provoking comments but this last episode was the first time he seemed to be just making ridiculous stuff up to sound sensational or play devil's advocate.

I don't know dude, seems Dead lesbians would be enveloped with some serious funk. I mean it would probably kill the plants in your house. :eek:

Jesus, I'm listening to this stinkbomb of an episode - sorry Jeremy, nothing to do with you, as you know - and I have to say, Beckley is just a total dipshit, a sleazy nothing. Gene, why the fuck is he associated with the Paracast? Please remind me & our audience, what value does he offer the conversation or our show? I'm all for voting him off the island. He's a waste of space. In fact, I think we should let our audience decide, so I've created a poll for this purpose. Vote early, vote often.

dB

And he was (until recently) listed as a producer? Or something? Did he have something to do with the development of the show?

Back