• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

There is some kind of issue with the forum...

Free episodes:

Jeff Davis

Paranormal Adept
Not sure what's going on, but several times in the last few days I simply can't get on the forum. Last night for several hours, this morning again for just about 15 minutes. This is from two separate ISP addresses. The forum will just stop responding. Is anyone on the technical end of things aware of this issue, or is it possibly because of some normal maintenance?

We have been under a severe attack by hackers. We have the host and an admin working to resolve the situation, but it takes a while to get things under control. Sorry 'bout that.

Ah explains a lot. Gene - how does one know specifically that you are under a hack attack? (me being clueless about such things).

When it comes to knowing about a problem with the server, we can monitor incoming and outgoing traffic. In this case we were being overwhelmed with bogus traffic, slowing the server to a crawl. This attack scheme, known as DDOS, is fairly common and extremely difficult to control.

My solution was to move the whole kit and caboodle to another server.

When it comes to knowing about a problem with the server, we can monitor incoming and outgoing traffic. In this case we were being overwhelmed with bogus traffic, slowing the server to a crawl. This attack scheme, known as DDOS, is fairly common and extremely difficult to control.

My solution was to move the whole kit and caboodle to another server.

With the help of Finch & Reese no doubt.

I suggest you all release and renew your IPs ( easy to do on a Windows machine ). I have no idea how to do that on a phone or Mac. Maybe Gene does. I was locked out until I did that.

Seems to be fixed for the time being at least. Thanks, and as a participant here, I am sorry for the trouble that you've been through.

Last edited:
Anybody besides me still having problems logging on with tapatalk? Gene mentioned maybe being a dns issue. I can log on to the other subscribed forums in tapatalk w/o a hitch. Also the several web browsers on my phone work just fine. Any ideas ?

Sorry, it would have probably been helpful for me to mention that in the first place...android 4.2.2 tapatalk 4.1.2

Check Google Play and see if there's an update. We've done nothing here that should change anything. Works on an iPhone 5s and iOS 7.0.2.

Back