• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The World of Conspiracy Theories: Ask Jim Marrs

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The last time Jim Marrs appeared on The Paracast was 2017. Now, nearly seven years later, we've had the opportunity to bring him back. He is author of such books as the New York Times best-seller, "Our Occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?"

We won't overdo the politics, but with Marrs, that's often difficult, since many of his conspiracies are related to politics.

The recording session is set for Thursday, February 23, from Noon until 2 PM Mountain Time.

You meant the last time he appeared was 2010.
  1. Which do you think is more likely an explanation for the megalithic structures of the past: Ancient aliens or advanced lost civilization(s)?

2. Are you familiar with Walter Bosley's work and his theory that there are two breakaway civilizations, not one? If yes, what are your thoughts on his speculations?

3. Have you revised your opinions on the Aurora Texas crash in the late 19th century (many UFO researchers believe this story has little merit) or do you still believe a genuine unexplained event occurred there?

Last edited:
Hey guys wondered if you'd mind asking some of these questions to the legend.:

1. What do you think of the whole "DulceBase" theory?.

2. Do you have any new aspects on skin walker ranch ?.

3. Is it possible that maybe its to do with just "Black Ops" sightings and experiments on individuals ?rather than an actual alien species and agenda ?.

many thanks can't wait to listen to the broadcast.

If you are referring to my questions then I apologise if they are too close to the bone in America - I wasn't asking from any political standpoint, I favour neither Hilary Clinton or President Trump. I simply do not engage in or care about any politicians as IMO they are all as bad as each other - in cahoots with big donors, saying whatever they think will win votes etc. I actually think our political representatives should be appointed by a committee or something, to me, the act of wanting to be a Senator, Congressman or Member of Parliament, should itself be a reason NOT to allow someone to become one!

I ask about the pizza gate thing simply because it is doing the rounds as a contemporary conspiracy around big names and since Jim Marrs is a renowned writer on conspiracies, I'd love to hear his take on the subject. I'm not trying to push a personal anti-democrat agenda, I actually have a lot of time for John Podesta, who as you'll know, has a brother that is implicated (rightly or wrongly) in the story.

Whereas I am one of the many listeners who appreciates when The Paracast can restrain itself from veering into partisan political discussions, that's not the same as talking about government as it relates to, interacts with, influences and covers up knowledge about UFOs and ETH, or as it pertains to involvement in conspiracy theories. Since you are having Jim Marrs on the show, trying to excise the political commentary (by him) out of his visit is akin to having Stanton Friedman on and not talking about Roswell. It is simply the bread and butter of what they do. Given Marrs' wheelhouse, I think Goggs' questions are relevant and not overtly political at all. Love him or hate him, Trump is our President and he is appropriate to reference if we're discussing current conspiracy theories that may, or may not, involve government officials. I'm just glad I won't have to hear Marrs repeatedly say "Barack Hussein Obama," using the previous President's middle name as an implied slur, as he continually has over the past 8 years in all of the interviews he's given.

When he started veering into Trump and the Russians and Clinton and that controversial nuclear deal that was said to be a falsehood by the fact checkers, I had to move to something else. If you check his site, he just repeats the Trump administration line and little else. I didn't want to get into that cause it's not really relevant to the main subjects we're dealing with.

This all sounds a bit two faced to me. Both Gene and Chris speak on political matters in the broadcasts, why can't Jim Marrs? If you don't like what Marrs has to say then call him on it. You pride yourself on having a Political section on the Paracast. I read some of the most ill informed comments there, yet you want to silence Jim Marrs??

I think Gene and Chris did do a lot of political commentary in the past, particularly in After the Paracast, and some people like me complained and I turned off several episodes because I wasn't listening to the Paracast to hear political commentary. Having said that, I believe that Gene has heard his listeners and tried to stay clear of politics as much as possible in the last few months (from what I've seen anyway). He's also tried to move all political discussions to the politics threads so that the rest of us who don't need yet another place to argue about politics and are looking to discuss paranormal topics can discuss these topics in peace. Obviously, Gene and Chris are not perfect so some political commentary seeps in (particularly from Chris, and Gene moves him away from that). I think they're trying, but obviously with Jim Marrs, it's hard to steer him away from politics as that's a lot of what he talks about. But after all, he did write the book "Alien Agenda", which I really liked so I'd think it would be possible to keep him on that subject for an entire show. There are a lot of subjects he covered in that book and going through them would take more than one show.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear this episode...

This all sounds a bit two faced to me. Both Gene and Chris speak on political matters in the broadcasts, why can't Jim Marrs? If you don't like what Marrs has to say then call him on it. You pride yourself on having a Political section on the Paracast. I read some of the most ill informed comments there, yet you want to silence Jim Marrs??

We haven't done lots of politics, but when we do, people complain, particularly if they are on the other side of the argument. It's much too polarized, so I've kept it to the minimum. I'll let a guest say something within limits, but I will call it when it goes beyond a few minutes. As you've noticed, if you've been listening lately.

I'm going to go into this episode with my bullshit detector on high alert, as one should do when digesting a Jim Marrs interview. The man touts his journalism background but, IMO, plays so fast and loose with the "facts" he insists exist that it's downright laughable. This episode will invariably be filed under the category of "Entertainment" for me, as opposed to "Enlightenment." That said, Jim Marrs is only second in fanciful storytelling to the late Dr. Fred Davis, who I don't think was ever on The Paracast. I was exposed to his incredible tall tales on another podcast prone to book some real fringe characters. It got old very fast but Fred Davis's episode was the gold standard of ETH, conspiracy and secret science and government bull excrement. I still have it saved on MP3 for posterity. Classic in its own right.

Whereas I am one of the many listeners who appreciates when The Paracast can restrain itself from veering into partisan political discussions, that's not the same as talking about government as it relates to, interacts with, influences and covers up knowledge about UFOs and ETH, or as it pertains to involvement in conspiracy theories. Since you are having Jim Marrs on the show, trying to excise the political commentary (by him) out of his visit is akin to having Stanton Friedman on and not talking about Roswell. It is simply the bread and butter of what they do. Given Marrs' wheelhouse, I think Goggs' questions are relevant and not overtly political at all. Love him or hate him, Trump is our President and he is appropriate to reference if we're discussing current conspiracy theories that may, or may not, involve government officials. I'm just glad I won't have to hear Marrs repeatedly say "Barack Hussein Obama," using the previous President's middle name as an implied slur, as he continually has over the past 8 years in all of the interviews he's given.

I agree in that any President is very relevant to current conspiracies etc and I absolutely was making no political comment of any persuasion - U.S politics is for U.S citizens - but I also totally understand Gene not wanting to go there because so many people cannot separate their politics from a discussion and it would lead to some nasty stuff in the forum from some people.
Personally, even if someone's politics is 180 degrees from my own, it does not stop me being friends or friendly with them. I have no problem at all with people of differing political leanings - as long as people don't get up in my face about things and keep discussions on the issues, I don't care who you vote for!
But we all know for many, politics is like religion and to attack or disagree with either is a capital offence! I don't particularly like religious 'leaders' of any kind and most politicians either!

I would still like to hear what Jim Marrs would have answered so I may drop him a private email or look for other interviews. I'm fine with the Paracast steering clear....:)

Back