• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Ultimate UFO Poll: Real, Fake, Spaceships or What?

What Do You Think UFOs Really Are?

• Extraterrestrial Travelers

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Interdimensional Travelers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Time Travelers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth-based Secret Weapons

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Just Ordinary Stuff

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I Have No Idea!

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • The First Five Options Together

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Cryptoterrestrials (Civilization Coexisting with Ours)

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Since The Paracast began in February, David and I have talked about various theories to explain UFOs. Some talk of spaceships, others speak of craft from other dimensions, or even time travelers. But we want your opinion, so we've come up with a little poll summarizing a few possibilities. I can modify this poll if you have other options you'd like to see. Just let us know.

I didn't vote - I haven't made my mind up entirely; UFOs could be all of those things.

The best I can do is keep an open mind. A few years ago I decided to assess where I stand on the UFO issue and realised that it isn't healthy to whole-heartedly believe in one thing or another. Doing so closes your mind to other possibilities and explanations.

So, I came up with a scale to assess my level of 'belief' on any specific issue:

0 - Whole-heartedly disagree/don't believe
1 - Not at all convinced, but don't rule out the possibility of being wrong
2, 3, 4 - Negative judgement based on degrees of knowledge/evidence
5 - On the fence - insufficient knowledge/evidence to make a judgement
6, 7, 8 - Positive judgement based on degrees of knowledge/evidence
9 - Almost convinced, but don't rule out the possibility of being wrong
10 - Whole-heartedly agree/do believe

Scores of 0 and 10 indicate that your mind is 'closed' on the issue - IMO this is a dangerous stance to take and will almost certainly lead to an 'inner conflict' with 'contrary' issues. So, my philosophy is that you can't be certain of anything, hence the line in my sig that says "There are no absolutes - only shades of grey."

I also believe that everything is possible it's just a matter of what is probable.

So, off the top of my head, here's a few relevant issues and where I stand on them:
  • Notion: The existence of God in the 'traditional' sense - 1
  • Notion: The existence of a worldwide 'secret' government - 6
  • Notion: The existence ET civilisations - 9
  • Notion: Some UFOs are ET craft - 7
  • Notion: Some UFOs are experimental military craft - 9
  • Notion: Governments know more about UFOs than they are telling us - 8
  • Notion: Governments possess ET technology - 5
  • Notion: Governments have made direct contact with ETIs - 5
  • Notion: Governments suppress certain technologies - 9
  • Notion: Zero-point and cold-fusion technologies are real - 8
  • Notion: There's an alien base on the far-side of the Moon - 6
  • Notion: Project Serpo was a real event - 3
  • Notion: An ET craft crashed at Roswell - 7
  • Notion: We haven't been told the whole truth about the Apollo missions - 8
  • Notion: We landed on the moon in 1969 - 7
  • Notion: We encountered something unexpected during the Apollo missions - 8
I know this response is not in the form you intended, but I really do think that the whole UFO debate is too complex to summarized into a poll.

Thanks - I voted 'all above'.

You know, it's funny question "What do you think UFO's really are?".

It implies that all the remaining unexplained cases of "Unidentified Flying Objects" can only be one thing or the other.

This is not me being pedantic; I am trying to make a serious point, honestly! :)

Can someone really vote for one of the first five options? To do so is to say "yep, all UFO's are one thing or another" - well that just can't be true. There could be more than one phenomena at work.

As far as I know, the 'official' investigations just put everything they couldn't explain under the 'insufficent evidence' heading. But, what does that actually mean? Insufficient evidence to prove what? That the UFO was anything but an ET craft?

In your last broadcast you sounded like you had reached a point where you were ready to 'give in' your quest for answers. You talked about 'red herrings', 'disinformation' and 'sorting the wheat from the chaff' and you know what, I think I've pretty much come to the end of my UFO 'quest'. I've been reading about this stuff all my life and I'm pretty tired of the whole issue - something really extraordinary is gonna have to happen before I look at this again.

The Billy Meier Case, The SETI Project, The Disclosure Project, Above Top Secret, Project Serpo and all the other projects will ultimately prove nothing above the fact that you can make a reasonable living in the UFO entertainment industry.

Until ET lands on the Whitehouse lawn, I think I'm done with UFOs.

I would like to vote ET's, because I have heard the most about these types of cases and that is what most people believe UFO's to be related to. But the fact is, I still don't know, so that's what I put. As Rick says though, you have to keep an open mind for all the options. It could be any or all of the above

I voted for the combination answer.

I'd love to believe that these "Beings" if any are bonevolent (spelling), and are here to just sort of watch us, and make sure we don't destroy earth. It would be pretty crazy if they came out destroy us as soon as we got rid of our nuclear weapons. (Like that would ever happen).

Anyway, I also believe that they are essentially us. We know that we have been toying with quantum physics for a while. Lately, we have been building the biggest LHC (Large Hadron Collider) ever, which is being backed up by many physics. Well, I think that aside from proving string theory thru this machine... they are also attempting to make a small black hole and white hole collide and make a wormhole. Maybe in a few decades we will have the technology to do that, and maybe even learn about wormholes and how to use them to time travel. Maybe the UFO's we see.... are us, coming back to see how things "used" to be like.

The UFO's could be beings from a different galaxy and have figured a way to project themselves in spirit to earth. I dunno.... but this is exactly why it's interesting.

Another thing.... the UFO's could be TOP SECRET weapons that the govt is working on.
If that's so, I'd bet that they were successful in back engineering the craft from 1947. Which still means that there ARE beings from other planets around.

I just hope that whatever, or whoever they are.... that they will formally introduce themselves within my life time. All hoping that they are a peaceful race. (and it seems so)

j

I have vote on this in the following manner.

1) Extraterrestrial Travelers yes
2) Interdimensional Travelers yes
3) Time Travelers yes

As I believe you cannot support items 1 thru 3 without having all 3 items involved.

As for the last 2 listed on the poll.......I am not inclined to bend in that direction - yet.

I put "Interdimensional", although that does not quite capture it. I don't mean that they come from another ?dimension? in the physics sense of the word. But rather that they do not exist in the same sense that other physical objects do; that reality is not quite what everyday life, or even science, suggests and that the UFOs and their occupants are a feature of this other aspect of reality.

Of course, some UFOs might be secret weapons. And some are certainly misidentified mundane earthbound objects.

I think that it could be some or all five. It could be some or all rolled into one, or seperately. After all, even if greys are ETs, they could also time travel too:) Or, maybe there are some ufos that are us in the future and some that are ets, kinda thing.

I often wonder if some day we find out that these greys are us in the future that left Earth and are time traveling back via inter-dimensional abilities. It will sadden me if the day comes where a grey alien body is thrown out on the slab for us to look at, and still not know if we are alone in the universe. After all, it's just us, given the scenario mentioned above.

Yes, I'm aware of what you indicated in your first sentence or two Gwop. Not sure how that relates to my comments though.

All of the above. I have read 100's of UFO related books, watched countless videos and TV shows, listened to the Paracasts. One thing I know is that we are being controlled by a secret, unelected government/crime syndicate hell bent on world domination thru fear and murder. The "real" extraterestrials are on the sidelines watching and waiting for us, the masses, to wake up and stop it. Good Luck. Hey by the way, for Stanton Friedman: Wouldnt it be funny if the Roswell crash was really a Northrup Grumann ship with bio engineered greys that was really manufactured in 1985 but traveled back to 1947 like George McFly and had an accident! Talk about a life's work gone to shit. Sorry, Am I off topic? This is my first time boogering. Wait Blogging?

If we are being controlled, does that mean your ideas of being controlled by them is yours, or theirs?

Mindsky said:
If we are being controlled, does that mean your ideas of being controlled by them is yours, or theirs?

You can influence people's choices - it's called advertising and propaganda. Do you deny that those things are actively pursued by large corporations and governments?

Hi All,

I voted all of the above.

Until ET lands on the Whitehouse lawn, I think I'm done with UFOs. ---Rick Deckard 9/16

If i recall correctly back in the mid 1950's there was a series of Air Force jet interdiction scrambles going on around Washington DC. Not just for one day but for a couple of days. As soon as the pilots got near the object it would zoom out of their range.

My personal opinion is the Earth has been an alien metropolis colony for tens of thouands of years. We're just the most recent kids on the block all festive about the topic. The Paracast has had guests on talking about sub-terranian creatures. I suspect they have ET city / installations deep within the Earth and/or the Oceans. Perhaps near Volanic chambers that could be used as some sort of energetic power supply. Since when some Volcanos are near an erruption UFO's are sometimes documented nearby.

Perhaps what we're so puzzled about the authentic crop circles are actually a highway system to the ET's. Of which sub-space entrance to use as a gateway miles underground or what have you.

A survey of this sort is kinda silly. Assuming ALL UFOs must be X would be like assuming all fish must be halibut, it's THE classical logical fallicy.

I don't think there's a single answer. However, missing from the list is (I'm convinced this is the case for the O'Hare object) that some UFO's are "unmanned" survey/probes, devices to catalog points of interest in the galaxy.

Back