• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Ultimate Roundtable? Ask Gene and Chris

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
You asked for it.

We're planning on doing an episode on Wed. September 9th (happy birthday to me), at 2 PM Pacific, where the roundtable asks me and Chris all the questions. Participants will be announced as they are recruited.

So feel free to list yours.

This will be fun — I think.

One more thing: We're still assembling the listener roundtable members. If you'd like to participate, please click or tap Contact Us at the bottom right of the forum page, and send us a message. I'll put you in consideration and I'll add you to the personal conversation where we are recruiting guests.

You asked for it.

We're planning on doing an episode on Wed. September 9th (happy birthday to me), at 2 PM Pacific, where the roundtable asks me and Chris all the questions. Participants will be announced as they are recruited.

So feel free to list yours.

This will be fun — I think.
Happy happy early birthday GS:p
tumblr_mbyjx640xD1rq5i6do1_1280.jpg

Two things about Supergirl:

1. I used to know one of the creators of Supergirl in the comics, Otto Binder. He was well known both for comics, including the original Captain Marvel, and sci-fi. That was long long ago.

2. A spoiler about the pilot for the new Supergirl series on CBS: They mention in one of the scenes, in the pilot episode, the Otto Binder Bridge, which is obviously an Easter Egg about the character's origins.

Not really a question per say but I suppose a question can be formatted from it. I'd like to hear Gene spend a few minutes on his
encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture especially as it pertains to sci-fi and hollywood. Does he feel he might have missed his calling. Does he ever think he could have or still can find a way to make it work for him financially? Do his friends comment on it, was it something that ever came in useful to him in other jobs?

I occasionally discuss it on the tech show. If I had time, I'd create another show, but my knowledge isn't encyclopedic. It's very very selective.

I've always been a fan of sci-fi and comics. When I was young, I had phone conversations with Stan Lee and Mort Weisinger. I knew Forest J Ackerman. I also knew, slightly, Otto Binder, who wrote Captain Marvel in the comics (Shazam) and was one of the creators of Supergirl. Those who got to see the pilot for the forthcoming Supergirl series on CBS (it was unofficially released to torrent sites in May and presented at San Diego Comic Con) will remember a scene where Kara introduces her abilities to the public when she saves a plane, which, in being brought safely to a river landing spot slightly damaged the Otto Binder Bridge. It was the show's recognition of the character's history. Other than the bridge, this isn't much of a spoiler. The extended preview you can download from almost everywhere covers it.

1. What are your opinions on the Varghinia case? I haven't heard that in a while (maybe time to get A.J. Grevard back for an update).
  2. What are your opinions on the Mothman case (big misidentified owl ala Len Coleman or something stranger ala John Keel)?

Gene ,

1. During your years of great work trying to sort the wheat from the chafe have ever encountered the paranormal yourself?
2. During you interviews in the 1950s,60s,70s with UFO investigators such as Major Keyhole, Dr Ivan Sanderson and John Keel what was their worst fear about Paranormal /UFO subject?
3.Whats all guests favorite sci-fi tv series, movies and best sci-fi book in last 10 years?
4. Whats everyone thoughts on our ( ancient) history and speculation do you think the Worlds leaders would ever disclose other advanced life forms in our solar system if discovered?

Last edited:
Here are my questions:
1. I've never listened to you're other podcast Tech Night Owl Live. But has there ever been a topic on that show that you wished was discussed on the Paracast? And vice-a-versa, has there ever been a topic on the Paracast that you wished you had discussed on Tech Night Owl Live?
2. You and Chris do a decent job of asking probing questions when the guest is full of BS. Which guests have been the most "out there" while not setting off your BS detectors?
3. In specific, what are concrete steps that can be taken to turn Ufology into something closer to a science? What would be the next steps? I don't think ufology will be a science in my lifetime. Disclosure is bumpkiss. Bigelow ain't sharing anything. I like what Chris is doing with the camera set-up in the San Luis Valley. Ray Stanford is frustrating because he promises a theory of the ships' propulsion system without divulging anything. Mac Tonnies had novel ideas about cryptoterresterials, but none have ever been bonked on the head and captured. We can keep cataloging reports, but that road is slow.

1. For Chris--aside from your encounter as a child, is there another incident or siting that you've had which you found especially compelling?

2. For both Gene and Chris--Are there any guests in the ufo/paranormal field you'd really like to interview, assuming of course that there have been a few you've been unable to pin down?

1) Have you ever been a member or practitioner of any hidden/secret occult-like group or spiritual/religious organized groups? Please give us the details and history and any relationship it has with your UFO and paranormal interests and experiences.

2) Given that much of the UFO phenomenon has a lot of occult human foundations with ancient religions, the WWII Occult Nazi's brought to USA to develop UFO and space tech, the many Americans that were taught these occult practices within the MIC since at least '47, these were the UFO occult prophets that spread the word, then why isn't the UFO really just a bizarre human caused series of occult manifestations being used for social engineering purposes, magick, psyops, MIC, and nothing more? The phenomenon operates exactly like a religion with visionary experiences and testimonials but never any lasting proof that it's truly touch and feel real nuts-n-bolts. Much is accomplished with the occult of night or hypnotic conditions [like nighttime driving] or during DMT-like altered states or sleep.

3) If you can't investigate a witness for mental and brain health issues of all kinds or their occult background and beliefs or MIC top secret backgrounds, then how do you ever expect to understand what the UFO phenomenon really is?

4) Chris O'Brien when was the last year you investigated four or more cattle mutilations occurring within one year of each other onsite and in person? Where? About how many years/times did this happen with four or more mutes within 12 months of each other that you personally investigated onsite? What years if you can recall? When are you going to publish part two of your mute book?

Last edited:
1) Who was the worst guest you've ever had on the Paracast?
2) ...and who have been the most interesting?
3) What have been the big changes in how anomalous phenomena are framed when discussed by those in the field since you've been involved?
4) What do you think those actively doing work in this area are getting wrong?
5) UFOs: nuts and bolts or supernatural events?
6) If you could only recommend one UFO case or paranormal event for someone to take a deeper look at which one would you recommend and why?
7) Do governments know more about UFOs than their citizens?
8) Can you apply a scientific approach to a subject which, by it's very nature, may be overturning the foundations of traditional science?
9) Confession time: what's the thing you're most embarrassed about believing in or being involved in since being interested in this subject?
10) Will we ever have an answer?

I hope you have a highly enjoyable birthday Gene.

With the successful implementation of The Paracast Plus, what are the next steps on the horizon to keep the Paracast fresh and forward thinking as a franchize? To you have any more ideas regarding leveraging the Paracast brand?

Greg Bishop has mentioned before that IF there were any forthcoming "answers" to the ufo phenomena it might come from other seemingly unrelated fields. I'd like to what Gene and Chris feel about this and what fields they think would play a part in this.

For Chris :Linda Moulton Howe your general opinion of. Also do you think she has been on the ET path

so long that she can't admit she was fooled.

Gene: More stories from your early days with Jim Mosley.

Both your opinion on Mirage men and people in the UFO who are disinformation agents.

Back