• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Terry Hansen Show-Missing Times

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Over the years there are only a hand-full of books dealing with the UFO topic that I personally would suggest you get your hands on. Terry Hansen's "The Missing Times" is one of those books. I took the following bio directly from Amazon.

"Terry Hansen is an independent journalist with an interest in scientific controversies and the politics of mass media. He has followed the UFO controversy for decades and has written about it for various media. In addition, he has organized and moderated two symposiums about "The Science and Politics of the UFO Research" for the Science Museum of Minnesota. Hansen holds a bachelor's degree in biology and a master's degree in science journalism, both from the University of Minnesota. He is a founding partner of KFH Publications, Inc., a Seattle computer-magazine publishing company. He is also an active private pilot with ratings for single-engine aircraft and gliders. He lives on Bainbridge Island, Washington, with his wife and two parrots."

I interviewed Hansen in 2006 and I consider this interview a "must hear" IF you are truly interested in actual UFO research. Also, he has a website for more information on his book.

Go to ....
The Missing Times

The Show ....

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/TerryHansen.mp3

Enjoy

Decker

Thanks, Don! I recommend his book too. Read it and corresponded with him briefly after that because I was so impressed with his research and his way of reporting it. It's a must read.

Can't wait to get the time to hear the show.

Terry no longer lives on Bainbridge, but somewhere in British Columbia. Terry once published a BBS (Bulletin Board System) list in his magazine, which covered the greater Puget Sound region. I published a similar list for my county, Kitsap, and we corresponded a few times. This was in the ParaNet/FidoNet days prior to the Internet. Just FYI.

Don,

In the dying seconds of the show, Mr Hansen comments cryptically,
"I mentioned the book but was never invited on by Art."

Was he talking about Coast to Coast? Was he censored by Art Bell? Did you cut him off before he could diss C2C?!

(Great guest, BTW. Missing Times is a truly fascinating read. I wonder if Mr Hansen would appear on the Paracast?)

Loose Leaf: The impression I got from that cryptic closing remark was that Don probably asked Hansen if he had ever been on C2C, and Hansen answered saying that Art had referenced the book but had never extended an invitation.

FWIW Don, another awesome show.

As usual, keep 'em comin':D

Oh BTW, I knew there was something I wanted to ask you, in the interview Terry mentioned that someone in Spielberg's camp actually CONFIRMED the legendary story regarding the President's (Reagan?) comments at an early screening of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'...

Is this true? Ive never heard that this had been confirmed. Ive heard the story many times, but to actually discover that this story has been confirmed is a pretty bid deal.

Don,

In the dying seconds of the show, Mr Hansen comments cryptically,
"I mentioned the book but was never invited on by Art."
Was he talking about Coast to Coast? Was he censored by Art Bell? Did you cut him off before he could diss C2C?!
(Great guest, BTW. Missing Times is a truly fascinating read. I wonder if Mr Hansen would appear on the Paracast?)

LLT, yea he was talking about Bell. I didn't cut him off, hell I wouldn't care if he dissed C2C, we simply ran out of time. I am sure if he were invited he would come on, of course Gene and David would have to get in touch with him.

Decker

Oh BTW, I knew there was something I wanted to ask you, in the interview Terry mentioned that someone in Spielberg's camp actually CONFIRMED the legendary story regarding the President's (Reagan?) comments at an early screening of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'...

Is this true? Ive never heard that this had been confirmed. Ive heard the story many times, but to actually discover that this story has been confirmed is a pretty bid deal.

Yes, this story was confirmed and also by the President Reagan camp. I am privy to some additional information about Spielberg and his interest in UFO information but I was asked to keep it to myself at present. Let me just say that Spielberg does have a very deep interest in the subject.

Decker

Back