• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Roswell Slides Have Been Leaked Online

The thing is George, I would consider the above more entertainment than hoaxing or disinformation. I'm sure many people do as well. The similarties (sensationalism) between the express and the old school national enquirer are quite evident and i think most people didn't actually believe what they read in the enquirer but they obviously liked to be entertained and/or emotionally manipulated.

The Truth is probably somewhere between entertainment, exploitation and a joke. Likely a guy out to have a good time, yet some attention and share a wink and a smile with the people who love watching how people react.

The thing is George, I would consider the above more entertainment than hoaxing or disinformation. I'm sure many people do as well. The similarties (sensationalism) between the express and the old school national enquirer are quite evident and i think most people didn't actually believe what they read in the enquirer but they obviously liked to be entertained and/or emotionally manipulated.

Wade, I agree with all you say about Jon Austin’s sensational stories in express.co.uk being more UFO entertainment than hoaxing or disinformation. However many such stories are based on hoaxes or deceptions that have been produced by other parties and are often posted on the internet --especially on YouTube. These often show alleged UFOs which may just be unusual photos of some airborne object --or else they are sometimes photos or videos that have been deliberately faked and are claimed to show UFOs in the sky or, maybe, an alleged alien body.

Jon Austin and other reporters often exploit such photos or video for “UFOtainment” stories just like Weekly World News and the National Enquirer used to. That’s OK but it’s not too different from what Jaime Maussan does when he presents a hoaxed alien body or, with the Roswell Slides, hoaxed photos of one. What Maussan really believes or doesn’t believe is unimportant and many think that he cynically exploits such material although fully aware it is fake. It is evident now that Maussan did not commission the Roswell Slides hoax and neither do I think Jon Austin was a party to it.

The “Roswell Slides” were much the same sort of material as all the other faked footage and photos that can be found on YouTube. The reason the hoax caught on to the extent it did was because Roswell Believers and Roswell Skeptics alike were apparently taken in by the ridiculous background story supplied via Adam Dew. The provenance of the alleged slides (which were never actually proved to exist) and confirmation of this background story were championed by “Anthony Bragalia” who was using a fake identity and was, it appears, himself the chief hoaxer. I would hardly describe Bragalia’s claims prior to Maussan’s Mexico City event as “disinformation” –simply an elaborate and carefully planned hoax by him comparable to infamous alien hoaxes of the past such as those of George Adamski and Billy Meier.

Let me comment on the last paragraph, George. Two of the so-called "Roswell Dream Team" were taken in. But why do you regard Bragalia has a "chief hoaxer"? He did go overboard in pushing the thing until the truth came out and he pretended to be at the forefront of those this silly affair.

Hi George. As I tried to explain to you privately a while back, it's difficult for those of us who have followed Anthony Bragalia's investigative work concerning the Roswell metal, the Battelle Institute's role in ufo research hidden from the public, and other subjects of ufo research over the last five years as a person whose intent has been to debunk either the Roswell case or other ufo research (except that which he has recognized to involve hoaxing). I think you should examine all that he has produced in written reports of his investigations shared on the internet [before they were erased by the guy who runs ufo conjectures] before you jump to the conclusion you repeat here again.

Hope all is well with you.

Let me comment on the last paragraph, George. Two of the so-called "Roswell Dream Team" were taken in. But why do you regard Bragalia has a "chief hoaxer"? He did go overboard in pushing the thing until the truth came out and he pretended to be at the forefront of those this silly affair.

false identity image.jpg

Gene,

I thought that I had explained this in what I’ve posted previously on this forum thread but let me try to go over it again. “Anthony Bragalia” (a.k.a "Tony Braglia") is a false identity that has been used on the internet from the very beginning of the Roswell Slides hoax. There is no photograph or biography --or any other information-- available to associate this false identity with any actual person though obviously there was a real person behind the pseudonym. I say that this person was none other than John Lundberg and I can produce plenty of evidence to show that this was the case.

So we were presented with the so-called “Roswell Slides” and with a completely preposterous background story involving a house clearance in AZ, an alleged box of slides, a very likely fictitious woman “Hilda Ray” and her very likely fictitious husband “Bernerd”, their alleged friendship with Mamie Eisenhower and their alleged private viewing of a small alien corpse sometime after the alleged Roswell Flying Saucer crash of 1947. Why, one has to ask, should any serious UFO researcher really believe a word of this nonsense which was being delivered and vouched for by such dubious characters as Adam Dew and his silent partner Joe Beason?

Well, as you know, Jaime Maussan and two of the so-called Roswell Dream Team did fall for it and I suggested the reason they did so was because they trusted --and were taken in by-- this “Anthony Bragalia”, who billed himself as the “World’s Greatest UFO Researcher”. All the way along he assured them he had seen the slides and that they were genuine photographs of an alien body. He arranged for them to be sent (allegedly scanned) digital images of the alleged original slides via the internet though none of the “Dream Team” saw actual physical Kodachrome slides of 1947/1948 vintage themselves. It’s almost certain no such slides --showing the supposed alien corpse-- ever existed and all anyone ever got to see were photos of a bunch of old Kodachrome slides on which one couldn’t see anything depicted. Just like those pictures of Ray Santilli holding up cans of 16 mm film as publicity photos for his 1995 Alien Autopsy scam! There never was, of course, a cameraman as fraudster Santilli claimed and there never was any 16 mm film from 1947. Two of the principal hoaxers of Santilli's 1995 scam are the same people behind the 2015 Roswell Slides scam.

The reason that the Roswell Believers were taken in by “Anthony Bragalia” was because he had been publishing a series of articles on a particular website about Roswell and his research allegedly confirmed the 1947 crash of an alien spacecraft there and the US military’s subsequent removal of this and alien bodies to a secret facility at Wright Field, Ohio. This had all been music to the ears of Roswell true believers and naturally, after a bit, they were then eager to believe everything that Bragalia told them. This was his hoax and his victims swallowed the bait hook, line and sinker. Jaime Maussan has now acknowledged that he was deceived by Bragalia.

One should also look at some of the other extraordinary claims about Roswell that Bragalia was making on the internet in the months before Maussan’s May 5th “Be Witness” event in Mexico City. [I may have posted the next few paragraphs previously…]

OPENING THE DOOR TO THE BLUE ROOM WHERE UFO DEBRIS IS HIDDENby Anthony Bragalia is one such article which attempts to extend the Roswell Myth by creating a new icon for Roswell Believers – the alleged notorious “Blue Room” at WPAFB (Wright Patterson Air Force Base). This can (or could) be found at:-
index

Didn’t John Lundberg speak of creating icons for UFO True Believers, and of following --and even extending-- the Roswell “narrative?” We already have enough Roswell icons such as the EBE (Extraterrestrial Biological Entity), the strange Roswell Crash metal, the Majestic 12 committee, the Eisenhower Briefing Memo, etc. Here comes a new icon from Lundberg posing as Bragalia: the Blue Room at Wright Patterson AFB. (If you don’t know about Lundberg’s 23 year career of hoaxing and deception you can find what he has written about himself at: John Lundberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

To me the WPAFB “Blue Room” sounds very much like Roswell UFO/alien fiction based on all the 1947 flying saucer crash folklore plus a few real characters from that era like Barry Goldwater, President Truman, General Exon, General Spaatz, General Le May, etc., who supposedly knew "the truth” about the alleged Roswell saucer crash. The writing here is rather like the fictional Project SERPO hoax that appeared on the internet back in 2005 though it’s clearly not from the same source.

Then we also get Bragalia’s “confirmation” of the existence of the alleged Roswell crash metal:-
<font color="red">ROSWELL DEBRIS CONFIRMED AS EXTRATERRESTRIAL: <br/>Lab Located, Scientists Named!</font>

Should one really believe any of what one is told by someone like “Anthony Bragalia”? He did indeed go way overboard –as you, Gene, say—in pushing that the Roswell Slides showed a genuine alien corpse prior to May 5th. Evidently Maussan accepted all that Bragalia told him and so did Carey and Schmitt.

This is why I say that “Anthony Bragalia” was the chief hoaxer in this whole absurd saga. Soon after the ‘Be Witness’ fiasco in Mexico City Bragalia performed an amazing U-turn and then said the Roswell Slides merely showed a mummified Native American child. He said this was an unfortunate mistake and there never had been a hoax as some claimed. Before this --when I first said that the whole thing was a hoax-- he was reported to have said “Wingfield doesn’t know what he’s talking about”. Hoaxster Bragalia can now eat his words!

If Bragalia was lying from the word go –as seems abundantly plain—why should one believe him when he reverses direction and says the whole thing was just misidentification of a mummy? He must have known exactly what the digital images supplied to Maussan and his people showed and that they did NOT depict an alien body. There is a very strong possibility that the high resolution images Maussan & Co received from Bragalia (and/or Dew) did –as Maussan and others claimed—show a number of distinct non-human features. If that is so, one has to conclude that these supplied digital images had been subtly modified (using PhotoShop or similar) and were not precisely identical to the lower resolution images available to others such as the RSRG. Either that, or Maussan & Co were monumentally foolish in believing everything that Bragalia told them.

So when you, Gene, say “when the truth came out” am I to understand that you and others now unswervingly believe what Bragalia has said about the digital images depicting a particular mummy from a particular site (Montezuma Castle, AZ) that was once displayed in a particular museum out there? Why should one believe anything that “Anthony Bragalia” says? (So far as I’m aware there is still no confirmation of Bragalia's claim from Chris O’Brien who lives just up the road from Montezuma Castle.) I suggest that some skeptics and the RSRG folk have uncritically accepted exactly what Bragalia said since their only interest was in showing that Jaime Maussan was a fraud. Indeed, Maussan is a fraud, but did some of these naïve RSRG researchers fail to entertain the thought that Bragalia was also a fraud --and naively choose to accept the whole Roswell Slides background story as being true??

Either way it seems almost certain that “Anthony Bragalia” was the prime hoaxer in the Roswell Slides affair. I can quite see that I shall have to write all this up in detail at some stage and send you a copy since I have no doubt that what I am saying is the true solution.

I have to go to London right now so nothing more for a while.

George

. . . when I first said that the whole thing was a hoax-- he was reported to have said “Wingfield doesn’t know what he’s talking about”. Hoaxster Bragalia can now eat his words!

I think you're overreacting to that statement, George. Besides, from what you've said here you have a cordial friendship with Lundberg, so if Lundberg is Bragalia, why would he strike out at you that way? Perhaps it was all in fun, like everything the Circlemakers do.

I think you're overreacting to that statement, George. Besides, from what you've said here you have a cordial friendship with Lundberg, so if Lundberg is Bragalia, why would he strike out at you that way? Perhaps it was all in fun, like everything the Circlemakers do.

I'm not sure I'd call it a cordial relationship, Constance! We are not exactly friends and John --with whom, until this year, I'd had no contact for nearly 20 years-- has referred to me as "his nemesis" since, presumably, I've been one of the few people to point out the extent of his hoaxing and his deceptions. In particular, I was the person who revealed that he --together with Rob Irving and Rod Dickinson-- were centrally involved in Ray Santilli's Alien Autopsy scam of 1995. Other British ufologists then were either unaware of that or, like Philip Mantle, were complicit in concealing the truth of the matter. John insists that his circlemaking, ufofaking and (presumably) his alienfaking are "art" which, he says, necessarily involves a dimension of deception. Most would agree with me that that is untrue.

Perhaps what "Bragalia" said about me more recently was all in fun but I hardly think so. He was really quite annoyed that I had appeared out of the blue back in April and was firmly saying the Roswell Slides were simply a hoax. When these circlemakers called themselves Team Satan back in 1994 and were hoaxing folk with their elaborate designs in the wheatfields of Wiltshire they never admitted to having made any particular formation and their policy was never to actually confirm their involvement as with the Alien Autopsy. They did of course target particular crop circle believers back then just as Lundberg and Irving targeted Roswell believers with their Roswell Slides scam.

As for the ethics of such deception and hoaxing I'll leave that to someone else to debate. Their circlemaking was soon parlayed into a profitable business when various companies and organisations started paying them to make crop circles for advertising purposes and for publicity. Some of these commercial crop circle commissions were worth many thousands of dollars to Team Satan (who soon dropped that name for circlemakers.org). Commercial circlemaking wasn't fraud though --unlike Santilli's Alien Autopsy scam. Fraud is in nearly every direction one looks on the internet and one can hardly be surprised to find fraud in profusion when dealing with the UFO subject on the internet. I'm afraid the subject has been riddled with fraud, fantasy, forgery and fiction for very many years and we can't blame it all on John.

I have no proof that Jaime Maussan actually paid any money for the so-called Roswell Slides --or at least alleged scans of the non-existent 1947 transparencies. In the past he paid big bucks for a fake alien that turned out to be a skinned squirrel monkey and also for faked UFO footage. If he did pay for the Roswell Slides one could say he was defrauded but equally one could say that Maussan defrauded attendees who paid for tickets to the Be Witness event in Mexico City after been assured they would see images of a genuine alien body. What Maussan really believes is anyone's guess but what John Lundberg believes I do know. In his role as Anthony Bragalia you might not think it, but in real life he is totally skeptical of the Roswell myth and totally skeptical of UFOs altogether.

Maussan defended the Roswell Slides during his MUFON presentation, but that's still not the end...

Oct. 26 (free admission and streaming online)
Jaime Maussan presents:
BeWITNESS the Analysis and debate

Kevin Randle reported yesterday that Mausson et al have a new book relating to the slides coming out in Spanish. Have you heard anything about that?

I'm the one who tipped him about that. It's available through iTunes for $19.99.
It's listed as BeWitness, detrás del caso Roswell by Tomas J. Carey, Donald R. Schmitt & Jaime Maussan.
The ad and excerpt don't mention the Slides, it just alludes to new evidence.

No, but I have a few people I correspond with that speak Spanish. None are likely to read it, though.

At first, I thought it might be just an old Carey-Schmitt book with a new title. It may be, but it has an introduction by Nathan Twining, Jr, and that appears new. I'll be watching for a review and post if one surfaces.

Back