• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Phil Klass MELTDOWN!

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
If I had to pick one radio show that stood out in my mind, considering how many I've either hosted or appeared on, this is the one that stands out!

This was the second time I had hosted Phil Klass as a guest on UFOs Tonite!, and this took place on January 21, 1995. Joining me in studio as my co-host was Dwight Schultz and we were really looking forward to this show. I had known Klass since the late 80's and up to that point I kind of liked Klass on a personal level. As I explain in the shows opening, I had saved Klass from a potential physical attack in 1990 and even though we often disagreed I at least expected Klass to have personal respect for me. I was wrong ....

As you will hear, almost from the beginning Klass had threatened to hang up in mid show claiming I did not give him time to answer our questions. It will be apparent that Klass was not being honest ... I gave him all kinds of time. Any questions you have will be answered by listening to Phil and Dwight and I during this show. Like I said ... this is "Legendary" and one that the skeptics don't like to hear about. Now ... "On to the show ..."

Phil Klass Opening

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/PhilKlassOpening.mp3

Klass Hour 01

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/PhilKlass01.mp3

Klass Hour 02

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/PhilKlass02.mp3

Whoo Hooo! Thanks Don. I was telling someone about this show recently, but I couldn't recall whose show it was or how to begin to find it. This is a classic, and the way you dealt with the nut is just awesome. Can't wait to hear it again.

I had the time to listen to this show a couple of days ago, and Don, Klass what a ass for hanging up on you. The Guy just wanted to talk and talk and he complained when you wanted to give your opinion to what he said. I enjoyed the show, and it was interesting take on the Roswell story from two different points of view.

I had the time to listen to this show a couple of days ago, and Don, Klass what a ass for hanging up on you. The Guy just wanted to talk and talk and he complained when you wanted to give your opinion to what he said. I enjoyed the show, and it was interesting take on the Roswell story from two different points of view.

Irish, one thing I discovered in dealing with skeptics, and I butted heads with most of them, was their innate intellectual dishonesty. This was apparent with Klass during that show. Nobody ever asked me where I got the information about the Washington DC airbases being closed down during that 1952 "flap" and why the jets had to fly in from Delaware. I spoke to Al Chop who at that time was the Air Force civilian spokesman for the Air Force on all that UFO stuff. No wonder Klass didn't want to hear it.

Decker

Don, thanks for posting this. I just got done with hour 1 of the interview. It seems to me that Klass places more importance upon hearing his own voice than he does the subject matter at hand. He demands 1 minute, 2 minutes and 4 minutes of uninterrupted time and then proceeds to say that "due to his condominium and his work at "Aviation Week" he was unable to devote time to research a particular point. Oy ve!

He even skirts by your guest host's premise that the "significant changing of one's story" by the government (Klass's admitted litmus test for truth) is something which can or cannot be applied in this case.

I can't wait for Hour 2!

By the way, this makes a great listen on my commute!

Xylo,

Thanks for your comments, wait until hour 02, that part is the "keeper."

Decker

My timing was perfect Decker, I had just pulled into the work parking lot when Klass hung up. I stand by my previous assessment of the man: He wanted to hear himself talk.

Now on to the rest of the episodes.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but what a mean-spirited, pompous and self-aggrandizing little man Klass appeared to be. Don, you and your co-host showed the patience of saints, given your guest's snide, egotistical and utterly rude demeanour. I also found much of the show very funny. I get the feeling you guys decided to give Klass just enough rope to hang himself with. It's unfortunate he was called Klass - Krass might have been a more appropriate surname (mis-spelling intentional).

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but what a mean-spirited, pompous and self-aggrandizing little man Klass appeared to be. Don, you and your co-host showed the patience of saints, given your guest's snide, egotistical and utterly rude demeanour. I also found much of the show very funny. I get the feeling you guys decided to give Klass just enough rope to hang himself with. It's unfortunate he was called Klass - Krass might have been a more appropriate surname (mis-spelling intentional).

Thank you Siani. I truly wanted to have a real debate with Klass that evening. Dwight and I had really looked forward to debating Phil that evening but his true colors really came thru that night. As I have mentioned elsewhere, on a personal level (up to that time) I kind of liked him and he could be very humorous and charming ... but after what he did that evening I totally washed my hands of him. I made it known thru skeptical channels I expected Phil to apologise to me for what he did. Of course I never heard another word from Klass ... so I made this little episode known in every venue I could. Klass and his duplicitious nature shone far and wide with this interview.

Decker

Back