• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Gene, that's all fine, but I have to ask: I like your posts, but for some reason you don't like any of mine, but we seem to be on the same side here. What's that about? Do you just have a hard time "liking" other people's posts or what ... lol. I tend to like almost anybody who bothers to take the time to post a half decent opinion, even if it's different than mine, because at least they're showing some initiative.

But besides that, help me understand here: If all the lamebrain redneck whackos with the guns are the ones who voted for Trump, there's nothing the pacifist latte drinking intellectuals can do but complain. Am I right?
You're liked.

I don't know that we should call Trump supporters all "lamebrain redneck wackos." Regular people voted for him too, largely because of frustration that Washington wasn't working for them. They forget that one political party, the Republicans, wants to bring the house down and turn it all over to private industry so they can make profits. At the expense of regular people.

So I would be careful about the discourse. All kinds of people have been fooled by Trump and his proven lies.

You're liked.

I don't know that we should call Trump supporters all "lamebrain redneck wackos." Regular people voted for him too, largely because of frustration that Washington wasn't working for them. They forget that one political party, the Republicans, wants to bring the house down and turn it all over to private industry so they can make profits. At the expense of regular people.

So I would be careful about the discourse. All kinds of people have been fooled by Trump and his proven lies.
I was being somewhat facetious there ;) . Thanks for the likes. I just finished going several rounds with Paul over on the Talk About The Show Thread, but it was going off the rails, so I asked if he had any comments about the live Snowden interview that Start Page sponsored. If you have a chance to watch it, I'd like to hear any comments you might have. Snowden Interview

Trump intends to coerce Apple to manufacture its gadgets inside the United States, while, he cannot do so constitutionally the risk is still quite high. SeekingAlpha analyst, Mark Hibben believes that the only likely course of action the president will take against Apple is imposing heavy tariffs on its Chinese imports. This will result in a significant hike in prices of products that are imported from China and Apple will most likely consider moving its operations to India.

My god, what an idiot.

Donald Trump Urges Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) To Manufacture Goods In The US

I imagine Tim Cook will jack the prices and move the manufacturing anyway.

And everyone will just get mad at Trump that their iPhones go from $700 to $900.

Check this brain stem out, banned from Delta Airlines for all eternity. If Trump Airlines had not gone belly-up in careening into a mountain of debt , the supporter would likely have been awarded with first class seating.

Mr. Happy Go Lucky’s tee shirt says it all as emblazoned with “gas monkey garage” in adding just enough class & style.

Follow the link to the Facebook page for the unedited version.

WATCH: Trump Supporter Goes on Rant on Flight Leading to Apology From Delta
Delta: Abusive Trump supporter is banned for life

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true. Some things you just can't make up, as the current saying goes.

Bona fide conclusion: vote audits should be a matter-of- course.

Donald Trump is making a strong case for a recount of his own 2016 election win
LINK:
Donald Trump is making a strong case for a recount of his own 2016 election win
TEXT Excerpt: "The president-elect is also, unwittingly and amazingly, calling into question the results of an election that he won nearly three weeks ago. The logical extension of his argument is that all results should not be trusted. In effect, Trump is lending credence to the very same recount effort that he criticized as superfluous."

Few Precedents For Popular Vote Gap Like 2016 Presidential Election | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC
TEXT: "Published on Nov 24, 2016: Rachel Maddow looks back 140 years to Reconstruction era U.S. history to find a remotely comparable gap between the popular vote and the electoral vote winner, and warns against leaping to conclusions about the significance of the 2016 popular vote."

How Jill Stein’s Recount Could Backfire
TEXT: "Published on Nov 28, 2016: In tonight’s Progressive Roundtable, Thom talks with Valerie Ervin of the Working Families Party and author and Black Lives Matter activist Kymone Freeman about Trump’s voter fraud comments, Jill Stein and Hillary Clinton’s re-count hopes, and calls for protestors to leave the Dakota pipeline site by the Army Corps of Engineers. Then, Thom talks with author Max Blumenthal of the Alternate’s Gray Zone Project about Alan Dershowitz’s defense of Trump White House advisor Steve Bannon."

That's the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

The exacerbation of this division is a recent development; though stark political divisions have always been around, these divisions have never been so pervasive, in every conversation from politics, to education, to mass-shootings: never have the adherents of opposing political opinions been so intransigent, emotional, prejudiced, irrational…

Why Politics Are So Divisive

We are probably hard wired for it though.

Neotribalism - Wikipedia

OK, can both sides at least cut the crap with 'our side has the corner on fact-based thinking'. You all know it's nonsense. You disagree on the analysis and conclusions of facts. :D

OK, can both sides at least cut the crap with 'our side has the corner on fact-based thinking'. You all know it's nonsense. You disagree on the analysis and conclusions of facts. :D
What's fascinating is that you just happily elected the minister of truth.

In an Orwellian sense.

And you're just fine with that.

Why not just argue the issues rather than name-calling and diverting into constant complaints about others? Sounds whiny. Just saying.

What in this speech by Elizabeth Warren is debatable?

Senator Elizabeth Warren: Floor speech on 21st Century Cures Act
TEXT: "Published on Nov 28, 2016: Senator Elizabeth Warren spoke about her concerns with the 21st Century Cures Act on the Senate floor on November 28, 2016."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back