• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The next really important case.

Will the next big case happen in the next 2 years? if it happens at all?

• YES

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • NO

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • JEAN LUC PICARD

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JeanLucPicard

Paranormal Maven
I was thinking, in this era of HD cameras, cellphones, advanced video editing and CGI, how would be the next really important case in ufology?
How would it be? some really interesting case that revitalizes the ufology field?
Document leaks? done and so easy to fake it would be meaningless.
A new abduction case? unless it happens to me I dont believe it.
Videos? you could actually film a real flying saucer landing in your backyard and no one would care, it can be easily made in any modern computer.
It's hard for me to come up with something groundbreaking nowadays.
Maybe a recorded ufo abduction? with the victim filming how he enters the spaceship?
Maybe a ufo landing in plain sight with a massive amount of witnesses?
What's your thought about all this?
alfep6l.png

JOIN THE PARACAST+ GUYS!!!!!!! I LOVE IT.

Last edited:
Im not going to say any of the above wont happen, but it would be bucking the trend

Assuming there is something to this enigma, and personally i do then in that context the reality is the phenomena is playing hide and seek

Or so it seems

Why ?

Thats the big big question imo, answer that and you crack the enigma code

Is it a prime directive thing
Is is stranger still

My post biological hypothesis is just one example of a possible answer

In it i posit that the vast majority of sentience in the universe is post biological in nature, that biological intellect in native bioforms are the low end of the spectrum.

Either beneath the attention of post biological entities, or afforded a sort of prime directive protective status until such stage as we reach maturity and become post biological ourselves

This scenario taken to its extreem opens another possibilty, that synthetic intellect is the dominant life form, and that as biological entities our only useful function is to create a new SI with a unique terrestrial flavour.

In the same way we use bacteria to create biofuel

Engineered bacteria produce biofuel alternative for high-energy rocket fuel -- ScienceDaily

The bacteria are not whats important, the product they create is whats of interest

Even engineered bacteria are just a means to an ends, its the product thats the prize

I was thinking, in this era of HD cameras, cellphones, advanced video editing and CGI, how would be the next really important case in ufology?
How would it be? some really interesting case that revitalizes the ufology field?
Document leaks? done and so easy to fake it would be meaningless.
A new abduction case? unless it happens to me I dont believe it.
Videos? you could actually film a real flying saucer landing in your backyard and no one would care, it can be easily made in any modern computer.
It's hard for me to come up with something groundbreaking nowadays.
Maybe a recorded ufo abduction? with the victim filming how he enters the spaceship?
Maybe a ufo landing in plain sight with a massive amount of witnesses?
What's your thought about all this?
alfep6l.png

JOIN THE PARACAST+ GUYS!!!!!!! I LOVE IT.

Sorry but I feel it will be just more of the same old same old.
Fakes and the occasional case that makes you scratch your head and go "yeah that was a good one"
Other than that I do not see it being any different than it is now in the UFO field.

I voted "JEAN LUC PICARD" because he is a dude.

I'm hoping there isn't a 'next big case.' It seems to involve so much BS. It's nearly 70 years since, do I say it, Roswell. I don't see much being accomplished in all that time.

I'm hoping there isn't a 'next big case.' It seems to involve so much BS. It's nearly 70 years since, do I say it, Roswell. I don't see much being accomplished in all that time.

There could be a big case anytime, but I doubt we'll see a definitive resolution of the enigma anytime soon. In theory new technology increases the likelihood of obtaining proof. The catch is, even our latest is stone age compared to theirs.

we seem to be increasingly interested in using our own media technology to constantly manipulate the concept of the next big UFO thing creating more and more distrust, ambiguity and marketing out of the UFO mystery instead of making its investigation a greater focus. May 5 Fake Alien Slide Day goes a long way to creating that illegitimacy firmly rooting ufology in the grey zone of a collective social disbelief. real research into what is a very complex phenomenon is increasingly involving a level of discussion that is distancing itself from your every day UFO aficionado making it harder and harder to connect to. between dismissiveness by the PTB and no one would even believe the next big event in ufology for those reasons, so yeah, Jean Luc Picard it is.

Sorry but I feel it will be just more of the same old same old.
Fakes and the occasional case that makes you scratch your head and go "yeah that was a good one"
Other than that I do not see it being any different than it is now in the UFO field.

Hate to have to agree. But I essentially agree. Cases rising to the magnitude of Rendlesham or the the northern tier ICBM incursions will probably continue and most likely pop up when we least expect them. But overall, I have to go with 'same ol same ol' .

Multiple, independent witnesses of a massive object, larger than any conventional aircraft, operating with some obviously unusual means of propulsion, with multiple photographs and videos taken by many different people -- this is what the next "big" case should look like, if it has any chance of changing public perceptions about the phenomenon.

I don't think that this is likely to happen. Why? I like Chris O'Brien's cosmic trickster idea as a good reason why it will not happen. Such an encounter would be too concrete, not subject enough to doubt; there is not enough of the trickster element to it.

Jacques Vallee may also be onto something with this notion of the control system. The fundamental lack of real, concrete, and indisputable evidence (such as multiple, independent videos and pictures) appears to be a part of the phenomenon. Because it is a part of the phenomenon, we should not expect to see the phenomenon suddenly change the ways in which it manifests.

The universe is a place for grownups. We are not yet even old enough for Stan Friedman's "cosmic kindergarten." Not even close.

I wonder: given that the nature of the phenomenon appears to have changed over time, seeming always to reflect the changing perceptions and prejudices of the times throughout history, how are manifestations of the phenomenon likely to change as we continue to develop socially, culturally, spiritually, and technologically?

I propose that the next time that someone or some group says they have evidence of ufos or aliens the first investigation that needs to be done is on those individuals. Who are they and what is their motivation is.

If the first thing you hear is finding backing (i.e. money), run like hell!

The fundamental lack of real, concrete, and indisputable evidence (such as multiple, independent videos and pictures) appears to be a part of the phenomenon. Because it is a part of the phenomenon, we should not expect to see the phenomenon suddenly change the ways in which it manifests.

Almost certainly not anytime soon. But I think someday when we attain a certain level the phenomenon will finally reveal itself openly.

Back