• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The New Hendix on Vicious Vinyl !!

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
hendrix-people-etc.jpg

Been aching to hear the brandy new Hendrix album? Do ya need a Jimi fix? This Friday on Vicious Vinyl-Don Ecker's Sex-Drugs and Rock and Roll .. Part one of People-Hell and Angels! Hear em' all - the old-new Hendrix jams only on CybersationUSA following Dark Matters RADIO!! Rock on Baby ... Rock on!! Only on CyberstationUSA starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Savings Time on CyberStationUSA - An Innovation in Online Broadcasting | CyberStationUSA.com

Gang, don't forget .. following DMR tonight ... Jimi Hendrix. Dang, don't get much better than that!

Decker

Been aching to hear the brandy new Hendrix album? Do ya need a Jimi fix? This Friday on Vicious Vinyl-Don Ecker's Sex-Drugs and Rock and Roll .. Part one of People-Hell and Angels! Hear em' all - the old-new Hendrix jams only on CybersationUSA following Dark Matters RADIO!! Rock on Baby ... Rock on!! Only on CyberstationUSA starting at 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Savings Time on CyberStationUSA - An Innovation in Online Broadcasting | CyberStationUSA.com

This is cool Don, very cool. It's synchronous in that I just bought this a week ago tomorrow. I purchased both the CD and the vinyl, but honestly I bought the vinyl more just to have it than listen to it. The disc is excellent too. Been listening to it almost everyday. The first track and the short version of Hear My Train a Comin' are my favorites. That last version of HMTaC is unbelievably heavy. Hendrix was such the master. Gotta believe he was the most influential guitarist that ever lived.

My favorite Hendrix quote of all time is from the "In The West" album. Where he asks the crowd to "stand up for your country" ...I won't repeat it as some might find it a bit offensive, but every time I listen to that part I just laugh myself silly.

NOTHING like Hendrix!

What a shame that so much of this material has been held back so long; it would be interesting the back story behind this material taking over four decades to emerge.

I was going to say that this was the best release of his material in decades, but the four disc velvet box release that came out ten years ago or so comes in a close second. Another interesting release has been the ten disc "Story of Life". Yes, ten discs, some of being truly spectacular, like the original 20 minute long Voodoo Child jam that was pared down on the first side of Electric Ladyland (back when music had sides), as well as extended jams of that same time frame with Stevie Winwood and other members of Traffic. That being said, Story of Life also has some clunkers, including unquestionably the worst version of Machine Gun that I've ever heard. Nonetheless, it's definitely work picking up for the true Hendrixophile!

As is People, Hell and Angels. I had my doubts when I first heard about it, and more so when I saw the track listing, which seemed to be just re-releases of older material, as might be expected from a dead man. But this is really an exceptional album, binging up the sad question of where his music would have gone if he hadn't died so tragically young.

And speaking of where his music would have gone, if you can find a copy of "If Sixties Were Nineties", which came out in the 90s, not only is a unique mashing of some of his songs but adds a little spice of more modern musical tropes into the mix. Not true Hendrix, but not bad, not bad at all.

What a shame that so much of this material has been held back so long; it would be interesting the back story behind this material taking over four decades to emerge.

I was going to say that this was the best release of his material in decades, but the four disc velvet box release that came out ten years ago or so comes in a close second. Another interesting release has been the ten disc "Story of Life". Yes, ten discs, some of being truly spectacular, like the original 20 minute long Voodoo Child jam that was pared down on the first side of Electric Ladyland (back when music had sides), as well as extended jams of that same time frame with Stevie Winwood and other members of Traffic. That being said, Story of Life also has some clunkers, including unquestionably the worst version of Machine Gun that I've ever heard. Nonetheless, it's definitely work picking up for the true Hendrixophile!

As is People, Hell and Angels. I had my doubts when I first heard about it, and more so when I saw the track listing, which seemed to be just re-releases of older material, as might be expected from a dead man. But this is really an exceptional album, binging up the sad question of where his music would have gone if he hadn't died so tragically young.

And speaking of where his music would have gone, if you can find a copy of "If Sixties Were Nineties", which came out in the 90s, not only is a unique mashing of some of his songs but adds a little spice of more modern musical tropes into the mix. Not true Hendrix, but not bad, not bad at all.

I think that Hendrix, like Elvis, has made more money posthumously than they did when they actually got the money directly that they earned for themselves. Certainly this is the case with at least Hendrix. Most of the stuff that's been released via the latest Hendrix stuff has been bootlegged for ages now, but the remastering makes it so much better that I wouldn't recommend missing any of it. The sound is just exceptional. The release prior to P,H&A, Valleys of Neptune, is extremely good as well.

Back