• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Article HERE:
By April Holloway/ancient-origins.net

Wandjinas-extraterrestrials.jpg

One of the most intriguing and perplexing legends of the Australian Aboriginal people is that of the Wandjinas, the supreme spirit beings and creators of the land and people. The land of the Wandjina is a vast area of about 200,000 square kilometres of lands, waters, sea and islands in the Kimberley region of north-western Australia with continuous culture dating back at least 60,000 years but probably much older. Here, traditional Aboriginal law and culture are still active and alive.

The Worora, Ngarinyin and Wunumbul people are the three Wandjina tribes – these tribal groups are the custodians of the oldest known figurative art which is scattered throughout the Kimberley.

Perhaps what is most interesting about their figurative art painted on rocks and in caves is the way in which they have represented the Wandjinas - white faces, devoid of a mouth, large black eyes, and a head surrounded by a halo or some type of helmet.
The Mysterious Aboriginal Rock Art of the Wandjinas

The ancient paintings have received all manner of interpretations from stylized representations of people or even owls, to ancient astronaut theories which suggest that extraterrestrial beings visited Earth tens of thousands of years ago and had direct contact with the inhabitanThe Mysterious Aboriginal Rock Art of the Wandjinasts. Some believe that the extraterrestrials even played a direct role in creation, which is reflected not only in the Dreamtime stories of the Aboriginals but also the myths and legends of many ancient civilizations around the world.

One could be forgiven for thinking that there is indeed a remarkable similarity between the Wandjinas and the stereotypical image of an extraterrestrial which we see time and again in art, movies and witness accounts. And many raise logical questions such as, why were the Wandjinas painted with white skin if it was representing another Aboriginal, all of whom had black skin? Why were the eyes always painted so disproportionate to the face and nose? And why were they all painted without a mouth?

But what is even more surprising is the oral account of the Wandjinas which has been passed from generation to generation as all of the Aboriginal Dreamtime stories have.

The story goes like this – the Wandjina were “sky-beings” or “spirits from the clouds” who came down from the Milky Way during Dreamtime and created the Earth and all its inhabitants. Then Wandjina looked upon the inhabitants and realised the enormity of the task and returned home to bring more Wandjinas. With the aid of the Dreamtime snake, the Wandjina descended and spent their Dreamtime creating, teaching and being Gods to the Aboriginals whom they created. After some time, the Wandjinas disappeared. They descended into the earth and since then, have lived at the bottom of the water source associated with each of the paintings. There, they continually produce new ‘child-seeds’, which are regarded as the source of all human life. Some Wandjina also returned to the sky, and can now be seen at night as lights moving high above the earth.

Aboriginal people, in the Kimberley also believe that even after they disappeared, the Wandjina continued to control everything that happened on the land and in the sky and sea.

Aboriginal Dreamtime stories, rock art and cave paintings have often been considered more myth then reality, like the stories we find in the teachings of modern day religions. However, recent archaeological discoveries have confirmed the reality of at least some of the Dreamtime stories. For example, those that spoke of huge mammals walking the Earth were once considered fantasy. But discoveries of animal fossils belonging to ‘mega fauna’ including giant mammals confirmed that these stories were accounts of real life events, passed down by generations over tens of thousands of years.

Interestingly and of course controversially, objects have been found on geographical sites which suggest the area had been inhabited as long ago as 174,000 B.C. This contradicts the theory that Aboriginals had their routes in Africa and that inhabitants travelled from Africa to Australia about 60,000 years ago. Other researchers have suggested that Homo sapiens actually originated in Australia. REST OF ARTICLE HERE:

WALLUNGUNDER, the big boss WANDJINA, came down from the Milky Way during DREAMTIME and created the earth and all its inhabitants. Then he took one look at those inhabitants and headed back home for reinforcements. This was going to be a tricky job.

With the aid of EINGANA, the Dreamtime Snake, the WANDJINA posse descended to Earth and spent their DREAMTIME creating, teaching and being God-like to the natives.

They were definite good guys, and are still worshipped and respected Top Gods to this day. (And how many deities can still say that?)

These entities were so powerful that they didn’t need to speak. So they didn’t bother to have mouths. Eye-witness reports are thin on the ground, but many ancient cave paintings still exist and show eerie creatures with large heads, huge black eyes and suspiciously spacesuit-like garments. In fact, they look just like Grey aliens from modern U.F.O. abduction scenarios.

Strangely enough, in 1838 a sea captain discovered an amazing treasure trove of Aboriginal artistry, filled with primitive and powerful WANDJINA cave pictures. His name was Captain Grey.

WANDJINA - the Australian Gods of Creation (Australian mythology)

Ive often speculated that the lack of mouth isn't an omission , its a deliberate way of depicting that these beings were telepathic.

https://www.google.com.au/search?cl...-ab..0.1.210.I3viCMbAF3g#imgrc=ipKwVixmRoFRIM:

WALLUNGUNDER, the big boss WANDJINA, came down from the Milky Way during DREAMTIME and created the earth and all its inhabitants. Then he took one look at those inhabitants and headed back home for reinforcements. This was going to be a tricky job.

With the aid of EINGANA, the Dreamtime Snake, the WANDJINA posse descended to Earth and spent their DREAMTIME creating, teaching and being God-like to the natives.

They were definite good guys, and are still worshipped and respected Top Gods to this day. (And how many deities can still say that?)

These entities were so powerful that they didn’t need to speak. So they didn’t bother to have mouths. Eye-witness reports are thin on the ground, but many ancient cave paintings still exist and show eerie creatures with large heads, huge black eyes and suspiciously spacesuit-like garments. In fact, they look just like Grey aliens from modern U.F.O. abduction scenarios.

Strangely enough, in 1838 a sea captain discovered an amazing treasure trove of Aboriginal artistry, filled with primitive and powerful WANDJINA cave pictures. His name was Captain Grey.

WANDJINA - the Australian Gods of Creation (Australian mythology)

Ive often speculated that the lack of mouth isn't an omission , its a deliberate way of depicting that these beings were telepathic.

wandjina art - Google Search:
The ones I saw had mouths. Small, but there. Noses too.

You kinda gravitate towards the big freaking eyes and head, even though the beings I saw were really small.

They never once talked to me though.

Yeah, all the contemporary images of the greys do. And for the aboriginals who painted these, every animal they encountered has a mouth too.
That's why i wonder if the omission in these images is designed to convey symbolically something specific. ie telepathy.

If whats being depicted is indeed what we call "greys" then they would undoubtedly have had mouths, but if the narrative is consistent then telepathy would have been a feature then as it is now.
How would you convey in pictographic format the subject being painted spoke in your mind with no sounds heard by the ear ?

Ive had the same discussions in regards to angels wings, no being could actually fly with wings like those depicted.
Angels can't fly, scientist says

I think rather they are symbolic. That the being being depicted came from the sky like a bird.

Yeah, all the contemporary images of the greys do. And for the aboriginals who painted these, every animal they encountered has a mouth too.
That's why i wonder if the omission in these images is designed to convey symbolically something specific. ie telepathy.

If whats being depicted is indeed what we call "greys" then they would undoubtedly have had mouths, but if the narrative is consistent then telepathy would have been a feature then as it is now.
How would you convey in pictographic format the subject being painted spoke in your mind with no sounds heard by the ear ?

Ive had the same discussions in regards to angels wings, no being could actually fly with wings like those depicted.
Angels can't fly, scientist says

I think rather they are symbolic. That the being being depicted came from the sky like a bird.
Interestingly, in the bible, no angel is mentioned as having wings if I recall.

I'm sure they are symbolic in art of heaven or something. White wings would be purity maybe.

I always associated them with older religions, like these guys from Sumeria:
7634738cc1dff3416aa3ca31cba599f8.jpg

Oh dear !?! Look at those three toes . . . just like that mummy ??? Hummm.

I don't think an actual "angel" is said to have wings, but various heavenly creatures are described with wings: Zechariah 5:9, Isaiah 6:2, Ezekiel 1:6, Revelation 4:8 (there may be others too), and in Daniel 9:21 Gabriel the angel is said to "fly swiftly" and the Hebrew has two words from the same root for flight to emphasize "flight." That's probably where most get the idea that angels like Gabriel have wings.

Oh dear !?! Look at those three toes . . . just like that mummy ??? Hummm.

I don't think an actual "angel" is said to have wings, but various heavenly creatures are described with wings: Zechariah 5:9, Isaiah 6:2, Ezekiel 1:6, Revelation 4:8 (there may be others too), and in Daniel 9:21 Gabriel the angel is said to "fly swiftly" and the Hebrew has two words from the same root for flight to emphasize "flight." That's probably where most get the idea that angels like Gabriel have wings.
I agree - there were wings all over the place in revelations.

Thank you for posting this article I have espec enjoyed looking at some of the artwork.

I'm sure they are symbolic in art of heaven or something. White wings would be purity maybe.

I always associated them with older religions, like these guys from Sumeria:
7634738cc1dff3416aa3ca31cba599f8.jpg

I think I have just seen the earliest example of a 'doggie/Horse blanket' !!!

The Lions at the bottom of the picture seem to be wearing some form of covering, maybe even chain mail?
I said lions but they look more like lionesses to me.
If you look closely you can see the fixing or knot that secures the 'covering' to the body of the animal. see below:

upload_2017-8-11_14-28-11.png

New-Design-Horse-Coat-for-Sale.jpg

outdoor-dog-horse-blanket-dog-coat.jpg

2495303867_96afcb74a8.jpg

30802384ea6dfe5d845152384d3e0f50.jpg

If this is true, spare a thought for the poor person who's job it was to 'dress' the lions.
Unless they were completely tame and trained, in which case they must have known something we don't.
I have seen depictions of Hunting cats before (as in: cats trained to hunt for animals at a humans command) but I don't think this knowledge exists anymore.
I think a circus lion tamers act is quite different, but may have a shared origin.
I really like the idea of a Lion trained like a Sheepdog....

And if anybody is worried about me taking the piss, I am actually being deadly serious.
For example: How does a pride of lions communicate during a cooperative hunt?

I would give a human example about Football (Soccer) players and passing the ball, but maybe I can use American football just as well:
My understanding is that a good quarter back is the one who can 'see' a pass where others don't. They almost have a sixth sense of where the player they pass to will be. But there is no point in throwing the ball to someone who won't catch it. An incomplete pass in an incomplete pass after all, it doesn't matter how good the throw was. What I am trying to get at is that in cooperative things you need to have some kind of rapport or trust based on experience and training, and that the Sumerians possibly achieved this with a beast as wild as a Lion amazes and confounds me in equal measure.

I suppose that trained Elephants are an example of man taming something capable of killing him easily, but they are so demonstrably intelligent that I don't find the idea so suprising. The same would go for Killer Whales/ Orcas, my feelings could be influenced by exposure, in other words I may be used to the idea of training certain animals and not others, from what I have seen or read in the 'media'.

I find the whole subject immensely fascinating, and have read about peoples with the ability to 'call' sharks, friendly/protective crocodiles, taming Hyenas, charming snakes fishing with trained Cormorants or other diving birds, Falconry and now Hunting Lions!

I suppose modern examples would be just as easy to find i.e sniffer dogs etc.

Our ability to communicate with animals has certainly been advantageous for us as a species (probably the understatement of the century) and one has to wonder how things would change if we made a breakthrough in terms of more complete understanding of what is going on in supposedly lesser creatures minds.

Sorry for going off topic

But in a way I have come round to it again: the way I see it is:

What chance do we have of understanding what is going on in the mind of a more advance species than ourselves, if we cant even make an ant 'sing' our praises? or bend to our will/command.
Modern scientists are trying to achieve this by using invasive techniques*:
maxresdefault.jpg

Draper’s Dragonfl-eye is a living dragonfly with a solar-powered backpack that can control its movements using light pulses.

By genetically engineering the “steering neurons” of the dragonfly, researchers hope to be able to use the insect to get to areas larger drones cannot reach.

cyborg-beetles-drones_nanyang-technological-university-california-berkley_dezeen_1.jpg

If I was an alien I wouldn't be very impressed.

Especially as it seems that in our past we had the ability/skill well honed and didn't need to use 'implants' or surgery.
I do however think that 'chemicals' may have been involved:

YooniqImages_100582147.jpg

0414035_T.JPG

The scene above is from Egypt and shows the 'Taming of a Hyena' you can find much better pictures on google but they are commercial/professional ones so I cant post them directly in this thread:
saqqara necropolis hyena - Google Search

I believe that they show the keepers of the Pharaoh's menagerie (Royal Zoo) capturing, securing and 'dosing' a wild Hyena (if you look closely you can see that one man is putting something in the Hyenas mouth) , afterwards it (the Hyena) can be seen without restraint, being petted like a domestic dog!

I believe that part of the intention of this relief is to demonstrate 'dominion' over all animals, but it also shows a certain respect or reverence of nature, in other words they thought highly of the beast they were taming.
I understand that in Egypt they believed life (all forms of) was sacred and should be respected, but they were not alone in this, from the little I have read, it seems a common trend across all human cultures.
Respect is a funny word because it can be interpreted in so many diverse ways, maybe I would be better served by saying there seems to be a common Human understanding that we are part of the the Universe and it is a two way street, complete with all the extra perils that brings :) (Look both ways!) ((As in backwards or forwards in time ;)))

Our 'past' changes as we go forward, just as our future is formed by our past.

Sorry I have to tend to a donkey with a missing hind leg ;) :
talk the hind leg(s) off a donkey Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

*Living dragonfly drones take flight - BBC News

What is painfully obvious is that many of us in the US are ignorant of the Aboriginal culture. I have been fascinated by the Dreamtime stories and Aboriginal rock art. I wish I knew much more about it all.

What is painfully obvious is that many of us in the US are ignorant of the Aboriginal culture. I have been fascinated by the Dreamtime stories and Aboriginal rock art. I wish I knew much more about it all.

I don't know why but somehow your post reminded me of one of my heroes and I don't use the word lightly.
Steve Irwin
steve-irwin-hall-of-fame.jpg

Now if you google his name you will see lots of images of him posing with various animals and he looks quite commercial.

But I will always remember him for his bravery and fearlessness, which I am sure if you asked him were 'natural' to him.
I have never seen somebody so relaxed around immensely dangerous animals.
He really did love Crocs and Snakes, and didn't see them as 'monsters' at all.
He embraced publicity because it furthered his aim (the protection and respect of 'wild animals') but I think his TV persona hid an immensely profound relationship and understanding of nature. I am convinced that this knowledge was imparted to him by the old timers.
He was killed by a stingwray, during filming for a TV documentary I believe. I am not sure if he would have been in that place at that time otherwise. So I see it as him dying for his cause. A true Blue:

In the spirit of the Legend of Steve Irwin I want to share two stories/ideas I have picked up:
One is Kiwi (New Zealand) and one is Aboriginal Australian/First people.
This is my version:

The Maori creation myth:

The male/father spirit or god is the skies/heavens and the female/mother spirit goddess is the Sea.
They had a child together = life (including us) and this progeny forced the 'Land'/earth to form, by splitting them apart.
Like I said I might have it slightly garbled.

The Australian Billabong story:

Every soul is like a tadpole, and is born in a particular billabong or pond if you will, and just like a frog or salmon his journey starts where it begins and end where it finishes, but the aim is to get back to your billabong to secure the next generation.
Maybe a 'simple' frog or Newt's concerns are not so different from our own after all ;)

Make no mistake this is darwin speaking, 60k years ago, and they didn't have the benefit of microscopy!

I am going with 60k because that is the latest 'acceptable date' but I suspect it is much greater just like the Americas.
I don't buy the whole north to south thing, but that is another thread entirely.

Back