• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Mount Rushmore of Ufology

Which Ufologists Would You Pick For The Mount Rushmore of Ufology

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The only version of Mike Hammer I'm familiar with is the Stacy Keach one. I've always liked him, and his Hammer was a no-nonsense type who did not suffer fools gladly. Didn't mince words. Wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Usually a step or two ahead of his antagonists.

If I were a ufologist, I'd be more like Jim Rockford. Always trying to sort out the whack jobs from the nuts and the creeps, and forever stepping in smelly stuff.

I left us all out ( meaning Chris, Gene, Micah, me and other sort of "regulars" ) to avoid perceptions of favoritism, delusions of grandeur, and leave some room for comments like yours which are very nice ( except for the "blame Randall" part ! ) ... lol.
Oh course I was joking. I've bent over backwards for years trying to STOP anyone from calling me "a ufologist." Anything but the dreaded u-word! Anomalist; paranormal investigator; investigative journalist—yes... ufologist? Ahh, noo-no-no-nooo...! :eek:

Oh course I was joking. I've bent over backwards for years trying to STOP anyone from calling me "a ufologist." Anything but the dreaded u-word! Anomalist; paranormal investigator; investigative journalist—yes... ufologist? Ahh, noo-no-no-nooo...! :eek:
Isn't it amazing how even those of us who know the truth let ourselves become victims of anti-ufology propaganda? Are doctors afraid of calling themselves doctors because there are quacks in the field? No. People say "That's different." but the only real difference is in the subject matter being studied. In principle it's no different. Ufology became this way because some people in positions of power created an official policy of ridicule against ufologists that was amplified by bully skeptics, and there's not enough funding in the field to sponsor the bureaucracy required for effective self-regulation, PR, and responsible education and research.

That's why it's more important than ever for the few of us who know that the field deserves to be taken seriously to take a stand rather than hide in the shadows out of fear. I've done my small part. I've put myself out there and taken the punches from the skeptics and they've failed to intimidate and ridicule me into silence. I've taken a stand because I know alien visitation is a reality and I know there must be other witnesses too, and if I cower in fear of ridicule, that diminishes them too. So I refuse to do it, and that's why I have an attitude about those who hide behind facades and euphemisms and shrink away in fear.

All that being said, don't get me wrong, because I understand where you are coming from. I'm not calling you a coward. I have felt the apprehension at times too. But I've overcome it in a very positive way, and if I can do it, so can others. Ufology has been a part of my life since I was a young child. It's an integrated part of my worldview that I'm neither ashamed of or embarrassed by, and I imagine it will be that way for the rest of my days, however numbered they may be at this stage of my life.

Last edited:
Back